Translate

Friday, April 15, 2022

Black Cartoons People Completely Forgot Existed (video & selected comments)


BLACK FEMININITY TV, March 13, 2022

Where pop culture & Black women meet.

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the YouTube video entitled "Black Cartoons People Completely Forgot Existed | a brief history of Black animated series" and presents selected comments from that video's discussion thread. 

The content of this post is presented for historical and socio-cultural purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Black Femininity for the research and editing that was done to produce this video. Thanks to all those associated with Black cartoons and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post.
-snip-
WARNING:  Some cartoons aren't meant to be viewed by children.

This is part of an ongoing series on Black cartoons. Click the link below for subsequent pancocojams posts on this subject.  

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD

All of these comments were published from March 13, 2022 through April 14, 2022. They are presented in relative chronological order, except for replies, and are numbered for referencing purposes.

Full disclosure: I couldn't resist replying to comment in this discussion thread. 

I'm African American and I really regret that I only know a few of the Black cartoons that are mentioned in this video & its discussion thread except for most of the Black cartoons from the 1970s, but only a few Black cartoons that aired after that decade such as Bebe's Kids, Boondocks, Lil Bill, and Doc McStuffins. I plan to look up the Black cartoons that are mentioned in this video & its discussion thread and hopefully watch them on YouTube or on some television streaming channels. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0d4-pnXW_E

1. noooooooooooooooooo
"
I will never get over Class of 3000 being cancelled. One of the best shows ever from my childhood."

**
Reply
2. Siedah Holmes
"
The hurt I feltπŸ™ˆπŸ˜­"

**
Reply
3. coco mo
"
And the music was lit πŸ”₯."

**
Reply
4. 
Tunewurld
"
Oh I’m 22 and I remember vividly watching Class Of 3000 in Cartoon Network come on anybody that knows Ben 10 should know Class Of 3000"

**
5. 
ninababy97 Nina
"
Cree summer was the cartoon goat. ANYTIME they had a black female character In a cartoon it was always Cree I remember all of these shows. My favorites was waynehead and the PJs"

**
Reply
6. 
Jabril 4 Real
"
Cree was Number 5 Girl on Code Name Kids Next Door."

**
Reply
7. 
Sharie
"
@Jabril 4 Real  And Susie Carmichael on Rugrats 😊"

**
Reply
8. 
88Gifts
"C
ree is the queen of black cartoon voice acting"

**
Reply
9. 
Clapback MDS
"
She was also the voice of Penny on Inspector Gadget"

**
Reply
10. 
N Moore
"I 
was about to say the saaame thing. That woman be workin’"

**
Reply
11. 
coco mo
"
Cree summers and  Phil lamar!!!! They make black voices!!! And some non- black voices."

**
Reply
12. 
Cherishxoxo 2
"
 @Jabril 4 Real  and crazy her number 5 had an older sister name Cree"

**
Reply
13. 
Omar Cogle
"
coco mo  Don't forget Kevin Michael Richardson, he's practically in about almost every cartoon."

**
Reply
14. Divine Delaware
"
She the hippie chick from a different world right? Saw a interview she did talking about her animation voiceover career"

**
Reply
15. Omar Cogle
"
@Divine Delaware  Yeah, she was Freddie"

**
Reply
16. 
Happy Thoughts
"
Still is. She’s always working."

**
Reply
17. 
Knight Michaels
"
Cree summer's voice is ageless so shes so versatile in this area of talent"

 **
Reply
18. 
Chicken Broccoli Rice
"
I saw a documentary on voice actors and Cree Summer was in it and she mentioned how she voice "every little brown girl", which is true lol"

**
Reply
19. 
Chicken Broccoli Rice
"
 @coco mo  I met Phil Lamarr at a convention before, I love him for voicing Static Shock and Green Lantern, because they were the first black superheroes I knew of."

**
Reply
20. 
Mr Hombre Gordo
"
Cree yessir glad to see others appreciate the QueenπŸ’―πŸ‘‘πŸ’ͺ🏿"

**
Reply
21. 
The Homeless Advocate
"
She play Peebo on Proud family and the Poodle on Clifford πŸ˜†. Love Cree Summers!"

**
Reply
22. 
nae nae
"
She also voiced Elmyra from tiny toons… she’s the queen of voice animation period!!!!"

**
Reply
23. 
Am Pollard
"
Is....... she IS the cartoon voice GOAT.  Cree still does characters"

**
24. 
Theboxthrowback
"
Black Dynamite was hilarious, and criminally under appreciated. That show should have went another two seasons. The show was funnier than the movie."

**
Reply
25. 
ladynikkie
"
Yeah I haven't seen a black cartoon show that funny since the first two seasons of The boondocks."

**
Reply
26. 
Naomi Timberlake
"
Thats one of my husband's favorite shows and he's always quoting it!"

**
27. 
Lisa Smart
"
The PJs was everything. I remember watching that show as a family, right after the Simpsons :)"

**
28. 
Kami Alexis
"I
 LOVED ANDRE 3000 . I remember loving all the soundtracks to the show."

**
29. Briana Williams
"
Hey Monie is funny and relatable. I miss that show. I also liked how Bet used a cartoon character (cita) to host music videos countdownπŸ˜„"

**
Reply
30. 
KidaDynamite22
"
Ms. Cita! lol"

**
Reply
31. 
Am Pollard
"
Ms. Cita was my girl!"

**
32. Kamsi Smith
"It's
 crazy that these shows(except for the Friday animated series) have good reviews, but are always canceled for budgetary and/or rating reasons simply because it's a black series. Hopefully, things will improve in the television landscape in the age of streaming and in light of everything that happened with black lives. On another note, I would love a list similar to this but with the black coming of age movies where it's not about black trauma or struggle."

**
33. 
Duhhhnack
"
Boondocks and Black Dynamite are classics! I hadn't heard of some of these shows. Great presentation!"

**
Reply
34. 
melanintingz
"
She didn’t mention the boondocks because it’s not really a forgotten show. It’s still talked about."

**
Reply
35. 
Dwight Powell
"
Those were great shows.  How many people do you see in real life that are represented on the Boondocks?"

**
Reply
36. 
Mel Reslor
"
 @Dwight Powell  Huey was a realistic intellectual, critiques adults, society, political figures - Aaron McGruder in cartoon form.  Corporate media doesn't know how to handle this.

Jasmine was probably the closest thing to a real person, voiced by an actual pre-teen/teen girl."

**
Reply
37. 
Dwight Powell
"
 @Mel Reslor  I agree.  They would prefer to see him shucking and jiving."

**
Reply
38. 
Ben W
"
@Mel Reslor  Lol, I'd say Jasmine's father Tom was a pretty accurate representation of some peole I've met as well."

**
39. 
Black Girl Lavish
"
The Class of 3000 is so underrated. I never hear people talking about it and I’m glad you brought it up. πŸ”₯"

**
Reply
40. 
amber alert
"
i used to love that show!! whenever i talk about it to my friends they have no idea what i’m talking about 😭"

**
41. 
MsNotzi
"
I remember the "PJ's," "Kid n' Play," "Hammerman," and "Hey Monie"!  When I was a child, I made it my mission to watch "Kid n' Play" and "Hammerman" every Saturday morning!  I was heartbroken when they took those cartoons off air!  😒

There's another little known black animated series you left off.  It's called "Sistas n' the City," and the series was made up of 10 minute shorts about a group of best friends trying to navigate through their relationships and careers.  The show wasn't for children, and it aired on Showtime after "Soul Food:  The Series" circa 2003-2004."

**
42. 
reddtexx81
"
I remember “Happily Ever After” it was popular fairy tales redone by black cast and black animation."

**
Reply
43. 
Jess Danielle
"
And other cultures as well. I currently let my students watch it during their break. All the episodes are on HBO Max."

**
Reply
44. 
Afro Powa
"
Yeah, the brother Bruce W. Smith did that series along with Bebe's Kids & The Proud Family."

**
45. 
Sola Alex
"
Being a 80s baby and a 90s kid, I watched all these shows. Great memories"

**
Reply
46. 
Love Melanin
"
Me too. I 80's baby as well and teen throughout the 90's. I watch a lot of these shows, too."

**
47. 
FANTAGHIRO
"
I hope to find more people who remember the cartoon Carduroy. Wich was about a jamaican-american girl and her talking bear plush"

**
Reply
48. 
yendaaaa
"
I remember it. Used to come on the family channel (canadian version of disney channel). I found it boring, but now that im older looking back, it must have felt good for Jamaicans to see someone like themselves on screen."

**
Reply
49. 
Vicky M
"
I loved this one! It was also a book. I wanted the Teddy so bad as a kid 😩"

**
Reply
50. 
MsNotzi
"
I read the book and saw the animated movie in school!"

**
Reply
51. 
Cherishxoxo 2
"
I never knew the girl was Jamaican and thought the bear was more or the main character"

**
Reply
52. FANTAGHIRO
"
@Cherishxoxo 2  In the episode where they go to a fair of foods from around the world, her mother brings to the fair a jamaican jerk chicken barbecue and says is an old family recipe that she will teach Lisa one day. There was the confirmation that the two were jamaican diaspora."

**
53. 
ShanKatOD
"
I grew up getting up early on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons like The Harlem Globetrotters and Jackson Five…they were so dynamic and entertaining for their time, in the seventies, and to us they were crazy entertaining. The voices, stories, visuals and possibilities were so exciting for our boring kid lives, before the internet when there were only 3 or 4 channels on TV.

Black representation in cartoons is and was so important and the positive was really positive…thanks for the great reminders of the nineties stuff, Bebe’s Kids is still a cultural moment. Love your channel. πŸ‘‘♥️"

**
54. 
Ochuko Asiafor
"
I am here for it. πŸ’™ I wish there was more black cartoons when I was growing up."

**
55. 
Lola Bunny
"
I remember every single one of these! And talk about how black cartoons never got the respect they deserved! Most of them only having 1 season"

**
56. 
H_NNY. YLLW
"
Hey monie was everything!! I wish I got to see more seasons."

**
57. 
LukeCage Powerman1
"
I grew up on70’s Ali, Fat Albert , Jackson 5, and Harelm Global Trotter, other show in the 80 ’s, 90’s,00’s and these shows had messages for kids which isn’t seen in this day and time."

**
58. 
Jacob Sunday
"
Two other shows that I want to mention but you forgot was Fatherhood from Nick@Nite (2004-05) from the mind of Bill Cosby, and the Disney cartoon Filmore! (2002-04). That episode of Filmore when his girl played him and he broke up with her and flamed her for cooking him dry chicken lives in my head πŸ˜‚"

**
59. 
 JetFan92
"
You should know that the P.J.'s came out in 1999 not 1992."

**
60. 
spacepunk nappy
"
There was on DVD series called Sistas In The City about 4 or 5 best friends in the early 00s during the popularity of Girlfriends,Living Single and made in the same style of Hey Monie...I bought it out of support....it was pretty cool...."

**
61. 
Chenier Jackson
"
What about Filmore? 😩I loved that show! A black kid solving mysteries."

**
Reply
62. 
Omar Cogle
"
You remember his partner Ingrid?"

**
63. 
LeBron's Unicorn
"
Static Shock should have been included lol i watched all of these; the pj's,  waynehead and hey monie were my favorite."

**
64. 
Siedah Holmes
"
The hurt I felt when Class of 3000 ended😭 I'll never get over it. Waynehead was a favorite for me as well. Boondocks is a classic that I should've appreciated more."

**
65. 
Christiaan Cocroft
"Gr
eat vid I grew up watching all these cartoons through TV and home video, I just wanna mention Static Shock also being one of the more successful black animation shows along with Proud Family, and Boondocks. I would also love to see a full video about black animation movies like Bebe’s Kids and particularly Osmosis Jones because that is a black film that was made without making it too obvious. Because damn near every character in that film is black besides Drix , the mayor, and the live action characters plus Chris Rock, Brandy and, Laurence Fishburne made their characters so memorable."

**
66. 
J.T. Ogbatue
"I
 love The PJs, Static Shock, Class of 3000, Black Dynamite, and Mike Tyson Mysteries growing up!!! These shows had a special place in my heart! 😍"

**
67. 
 Brave Cold Water
"
Absolutely loving the reminder that Muhammad Ali had a cartoon!! He still & will always represent living personified black manhood, like a flesh & bone comic book hero. LEGEND! πŸ’―⚡"

**
68. 
Dawnie to the Max
"
You just sent me back into the time machine. I'm going to have rewatch this video, so I can write down all the shows and look them I know they are streaming somewhere. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this video."

**
69. 
MsTeo
"
You can watch The PJs on YouTube"

**
70. 
Justin Murray
"
I remember most of these. I remember being really upset when C-Bear & Jamal went off. A lot of ppl don't remember that when I bring it up. Bebe's Kids is a CLASSIC! I never caught the Andre 3000 show. I just kept hearing about it in development. Never knew it actually aired."

**
71. 
nootygirl Beauty
"
The thugga boos was definitely under rated lmao my mama and I just spent the day together laughing at pj projects it’s on Hulu"

**
72. 
TheNewgreatlife
"
The premiere of Class of 3000 on November 3rd, 2006 was one of the most exciting nights of my childhood!!! I just knew the show was gonna be lit and it was and Chris Brown was there!!! Back then I was obsessed with him almost lmao and at the time I was obsessed with Cartoon Network in general so you put the two together and ayyyye!!!! I haven't seen nor heard anything about that night since it premiered all of those years ago. Black Femininity TV where on EARTH did you find that footage!???? Thank you for this video from the bottom of my heart!!!!"

**
73. 
FelicityGemini
"
The only problem I have with anime when it comes to black people is the lack of black woman. how do you have a black samurai in a village all alone without his mother or sister? its always the super strong, misunderstood black samurai without anyone who looks like him around. it bothers me so much."

**
Reply
74. 
thedragonlee76
"
Afro Samurai...Well it was based on a true story.The story goes...There was an African slave and the ship he was in,sailed to Japan.Well,the Japanese took him in and trained him to be a Samurai.Its one of those small,yet cool stories of history."

**
75. 
Tiara W
"
We can never have anything to ourselves. A show would be running so good. Good plot, acting etc & then mfs just want to throw a random white person in there behind the scenes for no reason. Like 🀦🏽‍♀️SOME black people just aren’t for the community. That’s why BET isn’t the same anymore. That network was meant for us & provided so much & a verity of shows & was actually spreading positivity & keeping black people up to date with a lot of news that involved us & now they show nothing but trash the same ol thing over & over & over & over…."

**
76. 
cyshadowx
"
Not all black cartoons from the 70s and 80s depict a true view of most black family's the Mohammed Ali was a head of its time really good but not a lot of us knew of it until later in life"

**
77. 
Marylin
"
The Friday animation series was only a web series and only had one episode, it never went to tv."

**
78. 
TRINIMETROID
"
As a kid in Trinidad...we got the kid n play cartoon as well as hammertime. Static shock was also very popular too."

**
79. 
Kevin Schoenfeld
"
Why would anyone want a friday animated series?? The first film was great! The second one was good. And the 3rd one was whatever.  I'm pretty sure I've seen class of 3000 I believe. And I loved Mike Tyson mysteries!!"

**
Reply
80. 
Kaleah Collins
"
The Tyson mysteries was a mix of all the old Hanna Barbera cartoons Scooby-Doo  the Funky phantom the Amazing Chan and the Chan clan etc."

**
81. 
Lost
"
You forgot to add Doc McStuffins. I was a pre-teen/teen when it came out but I used to watch it here and there."

**
Reply
82. 
Jasmine Sanders
"
My daughter loved Doc mcstuffins but they cancel that show too and took all the merchandise out. You barely see any of their  products at Walmart & Target like It used to be. Now all you see is frozen stuff. It was good to see representation for the next generation. But the black shows never last which sucks."

**
83. 
MrSwade86
"
Growing up in Jamaica, I could not forget Wayne Head. Mainly because folks would mistake my name (Wade) for Wayne lol. Be Be's Kids is a classic, Proud Family was a staple for kids growing up in Jamaica (especially those who couldn't afford cable/DSS and could watch episodes on local tv), Afro Samurai is the s***, I wish Black Dynamite had more seasons,  and the Mike Tyson Mysteries was cool."
-snip-
This is how this comment was written.

**
84.  YannyTheeSaiyan
"B
lack dynamite was cancelled after that police brutality episode about Rodney king and stuff. We all know why."

**
85. 
Martin Jackson
"
In the intro Black Femininity TV mentioned shows getting cancelled because networks didn't up the budget.  I remember someone that worked in animation that animation (at least shows aimed at kids) tend not to get high budgets.  They way they really make their money is of toys and other licensing.  The problem for Black cartoons is that in the toy industry there is (or at least was) the ideal that Black toys don't sell (with a few exceptions like Mr. T and the Urkel doll)  So many toy companies will dismiss the chance make toys off of Black cartoons thinking they won't sell.  Meaning Black cartoon shows end up not making as much money for the studios that make them."

**
Reply
86. 
Azizi Powell
"
Different types of Doc. McStuffins dolls were made and I think they sold well. Some of the dolls "talked"/"sung" and most of them came with a detachable stethoscope.  There were also Doc. McStuffin doctor bags, and other toys based on that series. A Doc McStuffin doll was my granddaughter's first doll when she was a baby. She's eight years old now."

**
87. 
MThe Glam Skin
"
Class of 3000 was my show! I’m so mad it was cancelled 😞 However the songs in that show were πŸ”₯"

**
88. 
brandi hyman
"
Black dynamite Michael Jackson episode hands down had me in tears i loved the 1st season and also Black Sands is a black YouTube animated series it needs support"

**
89. 
Jassiepoohbear🍯
"
I didn't know Static Shock wasn't well known! I loved that show!"

**
90. 
Mia Robinson
"
Lucas Bros. Moving Co., Static Shock, Black Panther had one season on BET. Craig Of The Creek, Men In Black had a show in the 90s. ‘Doc McStuffins’. ProStars (Michael Jordan and Bo Jackson starred in that one), Fillmore!. I could go on and on lol"

**
91. 
Sailor Pluto
"
One of my favorite  black cartoon characters was a married superhero couple named Stretchman and Microwoman, they where part of team called( Tarzan and the Super Seven ) by Filmation who animated Fat Albert and the original He-man."

**
92. 
 Vincent L. Ray Jr
"
Thank you for showcasing this!  I remember seeing most of the shows presented at some point in my life.  I didn't care about the quality of said show or what the "ratings" said, I watched the shows because it was one of the very few times I could see the "black experience" portrayed in a way that felt authentic and diverse."

**
93. 
donya m
"
I remember ALL these cartoons but, Mike Tyson mysteries was the FUNNIEST!!🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣"

**
94. 
LIFE2Symphony
"
I want class of 3000 to come back because that show was lit πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯"

**
95. 
Devonta Mosley
"I
 love Class of 2000. Such an underrated masterpiece. Along with Disney's Jett Jackson."

**
96. 
Roz .B.
"
Cree Summer was also the voice of Elmira Fudd of the Anamaniacs!!"

**
97. 
Chris J
"
I wouldn't call Mike Tyson Mysteries forgotten- it ran for 4 seasons up until 2020 and is still in the regular adult swim broadcast schedule."

**
98. 
Fake Name 2
"
The ghost in Mike Tyson Mysteries is name is John Chambers, Marquess of Queensberry is his title. One of my favorite jokes in the show is where he brings this up to everyone… they don’t care and keep calling him Marcus "

**
99. 
Big Ron
"
You forgot the #1 Super Guy: Hong Kong Phooey!  I know he was a dog, but black kids in the 70"s liked hearing the instantly recognizable voice of famous black actor  Scatman Crothers who was on Chico and the Man, Good Times and Sanford & Son among other things. Also there was the Schoolhouse  Rock's "Verb,  That's What's Happening!", Valerie from Josie & the Pussycats voiced by soul singer Patrice Holloway, and Dee Dee from Captain Caveman & the Teen Angels voiced by black actress Vernee Watson,  Will Smith's mom on the Fresh Prince.  Great video πŸ‘."

**
Reply
100. 
Mel Reslor
"
Scatman Crothers in Hong Kong Phooey, mixing martial arts with a superhero, a dog with his side-kick (mostly silent) cat who saved the day, everyday."

**
Reply
101. Big Ron
"
@Mel Reslor  I also forgot to mention Black Vulcan from The Superfriends (1977) voiced by Buster Jones, who was the host of the other Soul Train:  Soul Unlimited, produced by Dick Clark.  A black superhero in the Justice League fighting beside Superman and Batman  was a first in TV animation.  A few years later on the same show,  Black Vulcan was replaced by Cyborg, voiced by black actor Ernie Hudson who was the black member of the original Ghostbusters (1984)."

**
Reply
102. 
Mel Reslor
"
@Big Ron  I only watched the "old" Superfriends, where "Flash" wasn't even on yet, so I missed Black Vulcan entirely. That's why I remember Hong Kong Phooey as it was in the mid-70s when I was watching.  Scatman Crothers is one of the most unique cartoon voices - instantly recognizable and unduplicated.  You mentioned Valerie of Josie & The Pussycats - Valerie is probably the first black cartoon character on a network show.  Valerie was the "tech geek" who fixed the electronic or mechanical gear but otherwise a team player of the Pussycats or on occasion with the Scooby Doo gang as well."

**
103. 
Gregory Francis
"
This September will mark 50 years since Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids premiered on CBS Saturday mornings,it was a true game changer that I still watch to this day,though not politically correct & has been a target of the cancel culture crowd,still classic."

**
104. 
Takia Black
"
Bebe Kids Classic underrated not appreciated enuffff"

**
105. 
Talkin' & Grubbin' Media
"
A lot of people forget that Martin Lawrence, Tommy Davidson, Cree Summer and Dawnn Lewis all did voices for "Kid n' Play.""

**
106. 
ZiggyKick92
"
Remember most of these like yesterday.

Static Shock, Afro Samurai and Proud Family being the best, in my view!"

**
107. 
Chicken Broccoli Rice
"
Black Dynamite was the perfect holdover between Boondocks seasons. but I speculate they threw it out along with Boondocks after Season 4 did so bad."

**
108. 
Hobo Shop rated PG-13
"
LOL!!!!!!!

I can't wait to show my good friend TIM McGEE this video! LOL!!!

 I'm sure he'll LOVE to see how people feel about HIS creation "Class of 3000"

πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚"

**
109. 
Am Pollard
"F
ast forward to 2022........ there are NO cartoons with Black boys as the lead (except Craig of the Creek on CN).  Race relations are not improving, at all"

**
110. 
Rutawind
"
Class of 3000 was way too good to have been cancelled like it was. The concept was unique, something missing from kids animation today"

**
111. 
Damon Polk
"
You must've forgotten there was a Black Panther cartoon on BET in the late 2000."

**
112. 
BelovedofGod
"
Honestly, there are already cartoons with female leads. I would like to see more cartoons with black boys as the main character or black boy protagonists. I have 6 boys and none of them have cartoons with main characters that look like them. We have to go all the way back to Little Bill, and those DVDs are hard to find."

**
Reply
113. Am Pollard
"
As the mother of a son, I would absolutely LOVE to see TV shows, cartoons & movies starring Black boys & teens.  With all the entertainment coming out that includes Black girls/women, Latinos, Asians & LGBT....... its amazingly disheartening that little Black boys & Black teenage boys are still being, drastically, left out."

**
Reply
114. 
BelovedofGod
"
@Am Pollard  I wholeheartedly agree. I believe this is by design too."

**
115. 
DJ Wiz -Kid N Play
"
Thank you for covering me and my group Kid "n Play!"

**
116. 
215_UNEARTHED
"
....ever notice one of the transformers sounded and talked "black"!!"

**
Reply
117. 
Derek Mason
"
Actually it was two, Blaster and Jazz, and that's because they were voiced by black actors Buster Jones and Scatman Crothers.  Devastator was also voiced by black actor, Arthur Burghart"

**
118. 
Al Bu
"
I remember most of these... Everyone remembers Mike Tyson mysteries.. I don't remember that Friday cartoon....tho...I completely forgot about the PJs....I watched fat Albert ...Mr t .....the Jackson 5 shows as a kid...this was a good walk down memory lane"

**
119. 
D. A. Johnson
"
Really enjoyed this walk down Memory Ln. Great job on the back stories for each cartoon. You were absolutely right. There were a few that I have never heard of, much less seen. However, there were a few I wish you would have included. I would have liked to learn more about the them as well.  A few I remember:

1). Rickety Rocket;

2). Mighty Man and his dog Yukk;

3). Super Stretch and Micro Woman ( part of the Tarzan and the Super 7 line up);

4). Super Globetrotters ( the second iteration to this basketball sensation);

5). Static Shock, ( my all time favorite);

6). Afro Samurai (wasn't a big fan of this one, so it's cool).

 

Keep up the GOOD WORK πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’―!!!"

**
120. 
Shawn Cobb
"
I LOVE Mike Tyson Mysteries. Its too bad it ended, which it's safe to assume was due to the pandemic and Norm Mcdonald's passing πŸ˜₯"

**
121. 
Tony Martin
"
Y'all forgot T Pain's cartoon "Frenik" "

**
122. 
Blue Collar Marvel
"
I guess people also forgot about  ProStars, Black Panther (TV series), Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, Marvel Anime: Blade, and DC Comics' Vixen."

**
123. 
Serena Tsukino
"
I loved Class of 3000! The art is phenomenal! It's so stylized and unique. And I loved the songs in the show. "throwdown" was such a bop! I also really liked Black Dynamite. It's a shame they canceled it. I loved the color palette of the series. Frankly, I think if they hadn't cancelled it, Black Dynamite would have continued to thrive."

**
124. 
IceManLikeGervin
"
The Harlem Globetrotters (1970), The Jackson 5ive (1971), Fat Albert And The Cosby Kids (1972), I Am The Greatest: The Adventures Of Muhammad Ali (1977), Rickety Rocket (1979), The Super Globetrotters (1979), The Gary Coleman Show (1982)..."

**
125. 
S-wo
"
I don't think anybody forgot about Black Dynamite. It and the movie has a cult following and plus as you said it was getting a million viewers per episode. I did forget about C Bear and Wayne until I saw this video. Didn't Tony Loc voice the bear?"

**
126. 
OrAngeAnArchy
"
no Proud Family? Little Bill (I know its a kids show but still)? Static Shock?"

**
127. 
Bonchico davis
"
37 years old and I’ve watched all these cartoons.. who cares what a critic says these shows were pivotal to our childhood"

**
128. 
RDKirk
"
I was in high school before any of these cartoons came out. People today do not appreciate how segregated America was for the Boomer generation as we grew up. Not only were our neighborhoods, playgrounds, and schools segregated, but even our television was segregated. There were almost no black people on adult television until the mid sixties (by the time most of us where in middle school or beyond)...and when I say "almost no," I mean we could count them on our hands and memorize all their names. There weren't even black people in crowd scenes. And no black people at all in children's programming (unless you want to count the Indian kid on Johnny Quest in 1964, which we did at the time because there was only him).

I was in middle school before I ever met a white kid. Before then, I'd never even been in the same movie theater with a white kid, or in the same swimming pool or even the same playground. And that was ten times more true for white kids. This is my point: Segregation was baked into the Boomer Generation as children. Even if our parents didn't teach it, all of society around us did.  Many of us have learned to tolerate integration, but deep down in our psychology, segregation is our "norm." For a long time I believed that the Boomer Generation was the generation of change, of transition. But now I realize that we are actually the last generation of segregation."

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment