Edited by Azizi Powell
This is Part III of a three part pancocojams series that showcases some YouTube video examples of African American (Soul) line dances that were choreographed for music that wasn't recorded for line dancing.
The videos in this pancocojams series focus on the line dance routines more than on the record itself.
Most of these showcased line dances have multiple YouTube video examples.
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2026/08/five-examples-of-youtube-video-examples.html for Part I of this pancocojams series.
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2026/08/follow-me-four-other-youtube-videos-of.html for Part II of this pancocojams series.
The content of this post is presented for historical, cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.
All copyrights remain with their owners.
Thanks to the recording artists and to all other who are featured in these videos. Thanks also to the producers and the publishers of these videos on YouTube.
-snip-
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2026/08/the-five-most-watched-youtube-videos-of.html for Part I of a three part pancocojams series that lists the African American (Soul) line dance videos that were #1-#5 on August 11, 2026 based on the total views of their official YouTube music video.
That post also include links to Part II and Part III of that pancocojams series. Those posts list the African American (Soul) line dance videos that were #6-#15 on August 13, 2026 based on the total views of their official YouTube music video.
These examples were recorded specifically for line dancing (i.e. at least part of their lyrics consists of instructions about how to perform that line dance).
****
SOME EXAMPLES OF AFRICAN AMERICAN (SOUL) LINE DANCES THAT WERE CHOREOGRAPHED FOR MUSIC THAT WASN'T RECORDED FOR LINE DANCING
These examples are given in no particular order and are numbered for referencing purposes only.
Editor's Note: August 14, 2026. I plan to add additional information to this post ASAP.
: .
SHOWCASE VIDEO #1 - GOOD FOOT (SUPERBAD) Line Dance
Jero Green, May 17, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPJpNAwcRU
****
SHOWCASE VIDEO # 2 -OOH WEE LINE DANCE
Jero Green, Apr 24, 2026
Ooh Wee A line Dance
Choreographed by Jero KOLD Green
Artist MS YANNI
Song OOH WEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Qonox8M_8
****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #3 -Down South Party Line Dance
473,634 views Feb 19,
2012
Wild Bill's 2nd annual animal house line dance party, having fun doing the down south party line dance, music by Special, featuring Big Robb. Friday 2-17-12,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HM9SULwjh0
****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #4 - Finna Get Loose Line Dance - 704 Soul Line Dance | Charlotte, NC - 12.19.2025
, Dec 20, 2025
CHARLOTTE
If your line dance parties don't look like this, what are
you doing? Come check us out the next time your are in Charlotte.
704 Soul Line Dance - Classes in Charlotte, NC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-yXORDCmgM
****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #5 - Sugaa Shack Line Dance.. 🥰
Lady Snapshot, Dec 30, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk3fESWBPlA
****
This concludes Part III of this multi-part pancocojams series.
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.
Visitors comments are welcome.
This pancocojams series was so much easier to do than the one on the soul line dances that had the most YouTube views within a certain day.
ReplyDelete(Yes, I know that I haven't added the information about the music that was featured for most of those videos in this particular series. I haven't forgotten and will add that info ASAP.
But I just wanted to share that this particular post-Part III of this series- is by far my favorite one. I realize I needed to watch something light weight and enjoyable to take a break from the awful news that is happening in the USA and throughout the world now and for long time.
I know that this isn't even a tip of the iceberg when it comes to African American (soul) line dance videos, but I'm going to move on from that subject for a while.
DeleteI encourage you to also make a compilation of YouTube videos on this performance art or other performance arts.
It's good for the soul!