Translate

Friday, March 15, 2024

More Examples Of The Children's Rhyme "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation"

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part III of this pancocojams series about the children's taunting rhyme "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation". . 

This post presents a few word only versions of the taunting rhyme "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation".

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/03/four-youtube-video-examples-of-dont.html  for Part I of this pancocojams series. That post presents five YouTube video examples of that rhyme along with the words to those versions of that rhyme. Selected comments from the only video whose discussion thread is activated are also included in this post

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/03/what-childrens-rhyme-dont-make-me-snap.html for Part II of this pancocojams series. 
That post showcases one YouTube example of "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" and presents my editorial notes about the word structure and meaning of that children's recreational rhyme.

This post also includes my speculation about the origin of this children's rhyme with a video of the in Living Color "Men On Books" segment that probably was the inspiration for someone outside of that television series creating the first "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" rhyme. 

The content of this post is presented for folkloric, cultural, linguistic, and recreational purposes  

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks also to all those who contributed examples of rhymes that are included in this post.
-snip-
This post is entitled "More Examples Of The Children's Rhyme "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" because I published another post on these rhymes in September 2021. Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2021/09/examples-of-childrens-dissin-chant-dont.html for that post that is entitled "
Examples Of The Children's Dissin Chant "Don't Make Me Snap My FIngers In A Z Formation".

Most of the examples of the rhymes in this 2021 post aren't found in this 2024 post.

****
SOME ONLINE EXAMPLES OF THE TAUNTING RHYME "DON'T MAKE ME SNAP MY FINGERS IN A Z FORMATION".

These rhymes are given in no particular order and are numbered for referencing purposes only. 

Online Source: cocojams.com

Version #1
"don't make me snap my fingers in a Z formation hip rotation,
elbows elbows, wrists, wrists shut up girl you just got dissed by this"
-ellen; cocojams.com., 10/2/2007 [cocojams was my cultural website that was online from January 2001 to November 2014.]

**

Version #2 & Version #3
"There are movements
Dont make me snap my fingers in a Z for-ma-tion (Snap In a "Z")
Talk to To the Hand ( Make a "Stop" signal)
Talk to the Butt ( Turn around Back facing person your talking to)
You just dont know
How to strut Ex-cla-ma-tion POINT (Pop person on forehead lightly)

OR

Dont make me snap my fingers in a Z for-ma-tion
Talk to the hand
Talk to the Fist Girl
I think you just got dissed
Ex-cla-mation POINT!
-Coumba, cocojams.com, 10/6/2007

**
Online source: 
https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2021/09/examples-of-childrens-dissin-chant-dont.html

Version #4

"Brick wall, waterfall, girl you think you know it all, you don’t, I do, so psssh with your attitude. Loser, whatever, fly away forever, get the picture, DUH! Wait, come back, I think you need a tic tac not one, not two but the whole six pack.


Don’t make me snap my fingers in a Z formation,
that booty rotation,
Talk to the hand, talk to the fist,
Girl you know you just got dissed."

-from new orleans
-Anonymous, October 31, 2023

**
Online source: https://www.amirite.com/187781


Version #5
"Don't make me snap my fingers in a Z formation, hip rotation, elbows elbows, wrists wrists, ooh girl you just got dissed"
by Anonymous, 2010

**
Version #6
"its actually "dont make me snap my fingers in a Z formation, exclamation, talk to the hand, talk to the fist, dang girl u just got dissed"
by Anonymous, 2010

**
Version #7
"wow i heard it like "dont make me snap my fingers inna z formation, exclamation, head rotation, butt elevation, elbow elbow, wrist wrist, oh yeah girl you just got dissed!!!" i remember when it was sooooooooo cool to do that...."
by Anonymous, 2010

**
Version #8
"I learned it.... don't make me snap my fingers in a Z formation, exclamation, talk to the hand, talk to the fist, oh my gosh girl u just got dissed haha"
by Anonymous, 2010


**
Version #9
"don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation, flip my hair, flip my wrists, ooh girl you just got dissed."
by Anonymous, 2010

**
Version #10
"Dont make me snap my fingers in a z formation hip rotation brick wall waterfall girl u think u got it all but u dont,i do, boom with the attitude,peace punch captain crunch, i got some thing u cant touch u mess will me i mess u up!( My friend showed me some of it so i made up some) :D"
by Anonymous, 2013

**
Version #11
"We always said; Don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation, hip rotation, booty sensation, talk to the hand, flick the wrist, OMG you just got dissed. WORD!"
-by Anonymous, 2013

**
Version #12
"for me it was “don’t make me snap my fingers in a z formation, hip rotation, butt elevation, elbow elbow, wrist wrist, slap that, kiss this”
by Anonymous, 2019

**
Version #13
"don’t make me snap my fingers in a z formation exclamation brick wall waterfall girl/boy you think you know it all, but you don’t i do so poof with that attitude be gone be gone your breathe is so strong i wait come back you need a tic tac not a tic not a tac but the whole damn pack"
by Anonymous, 2019

**
Version #14
"Bringing this back!!! My version was " don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation hip rotation, neck circulation. elbow elbow wrist wrist common girl, kiss this" *turn around and smack butt* haha"
by Anonymous, 2020

**
Version #15
"I love how everyone has variations😂😂 I remember learning like three different ways but the one I remember is “don’t make me snap my fingers in a Z formation, booty rotation, pop sensation, elbows elbows wrists wrists, wipe a tear blow a kiss, girl you just got dissed!”
-by Anonymous, 2021

**
Version #16
"My mine was " don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation, hip rotation, neck circulation, exclamation, dang girl u just got dissed"
by Anonymous, 2022

**
Version #17
"at my school we said "dont make me snap my fingers in a z formation, hip rotaion, talk to hand talk to the fist omg girl you just got dissed, brick wall waterfall girl you think you got it all you dont i do so boom with an attitude"
- by Anonymous, 2021

****
Online source: https://www.answers.com/music-and-radio/What_are_all_the_lyrics_to_the_don%27t_make_me_snap_my_fingers_song


Version#18
"
There are so many different versions! I can’t find the full one anywhere, this is the one I know-

Don’t make me snap my fingers in a z formation, exclamation, hip rotation, head circulation, elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, talk to the hand, talk to the fist, sh*t up girl you just got dissed! you think you know it all, but you don’t, I do, so boom with the attitude, boom with attitude, farewell, so long, your breath is so strong. oh wait, come back, you need a tic tac, not one not two not three not four a whole six pack!"
-Lilly Green, 2022


****
Online Source:  http://www.wittyprofiles.com/q/5806976 "Memories#2 Don't make me snap my fingers in a Z formation"

Version #19
yolythegreat, 2013

"mine was:

Don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation
hip rotation
elbow, elbow, fist, fist
back off girl you just got dissed.
Boom boom choo choo train
wind me up i'll do my thing
reeses pieces 7 up
mess with me i'll mess you up.
No wait! Come back!
You need a tic tac
not one, not two,but the whole damn pack.
I'm not trying to be mean, but you need some listerine
Not a sip, not a gargle
just the whole damn bottle
WORD!

**
Version #20
LoversGonnaLove, 2013
"
mine-

dont make me snap mah fingers in a Z formation
hip rotation
sholder vibration
chilly sensation
hair-freak-ation
WORD

**
Version #21
hammy8888, 2013
"
hahaha yes! i used to do "don't make me snap my finger inna Z formation, exclamation, brick wall, water fall, girl you think you got it all, you don't, i do, so boom with the attitude now boom with the attitude, now recess pieces now butter cup mess with me and i'll mess you up."

**
Version #22
lana del go away, 2013
"dont make me snap my fingers in a z formation finger vialation hip rotation elbo elbo rist rist kiss thiss cuz you just got dissed"

**
Version #23
[deleted], 2013
"ours was don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation, talk to the hand, flip the wrist, oh my god you just got dissed! WORD!"

**
Version #24
indie4life, 2013
"dont make me snap my fingers in a z formation
hip rotation
booty vibrations
elbow elbow wrist wrist
snap snap kiss kiss
elbow elbow wrist wrist
hey girl I think you got dissed
wait come back
I think you need a tic tac
not one not two
but the whole damn six pack
I'm not trying to be mean, but you need some listerine. Not a sip. Not a swallow. BUT THE WHOLE DANG BOTTLE!
Bang bang choo choo train wind me up, I’ll do my thang reeses pieces 7 up, mess with me I’ll mess you up.
honk honk here they come, now you think yo number one
your not, I am, so eat a piece of ham.
I’m the best you ever heard, shut up dude you just got served
so elbow elbow wrist wrist, back off now you just got dissed!"

**
Version #25
pizzaperson, 2013
"
dont make me snap my fingers
in a z formation
exclamation
neck rotation
hip rotation
elbow elbow
wrist wrist
talk to the hand
flip wrist
OMG you just got dissed"

****
This concludes Part I of this pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment