Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Five YouTube Video Examples Of "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" (with words)


Phillip Davis, Oct 8, 2010

Lil Savion does her thing for 3D Ent.
-snip-
The composers of this song used a version of the "Don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation as the song's chorus. Here are the word to that chorus/rhyme version: 

"Don’t make me snap my fingers
in Z formation
Hip rotation
Bootie sensation
Elbow elbow
Wrist wrist
snap snap
kiss kiss
Elbow elbow
Wrist wrist
snap snap
kiss kiss"
-snip-
Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbYoBytudc0 for a YouTube lyric video of this entire song. 

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part I of a three part pancocojams series about the children's taunting rhyme "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation".

This post presents five YouTube video examples of that rhyme along with the words to those versions of that rhyme. Selected comments 
 are also included in this post from the only one of these videos whose discussion thread is still activated.

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/03/what-childrens-rhyme-dont-make-me-snap.html for Part II of this pancocojams series. That post showcases one YouTube example of "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" and presents my editorial notes about the word structure and meaning of that children's recreational rhyme.

This post also 
includes my speculation about the origin of this children's rhyme with a video of the in Living Color "Men On Books" segment that probably was the inspiration for someone outside of that television series creating the first "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" rhyme. 

Click 
https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/03/examples-of-childrens-rhyme-dont-make.html for Part III of this pancocojams series. That post presents some word only examples of the taunting rhyme "Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation" .

The content of this post is presented for folkloric, cultural, linguistic, and recreational purposes  

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those who are featured in these videos and thanks to the producers and publishers of these videos on YouTube. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post.

****
ADDITIONAL SHOWCASE VIDEOS

SHOWCASE VIDEO #2 - oh you just got dissed



lauren123pow, May 28, 2008

lauren, cassie, and missy do the "dont make me snap my fingers in a z formation..." thing
 -snip-
Notice that these girls end with the words "Oh snap!". In my opinion, including that exclamation at the  end of this rhyme is a modification of the original (earlier) rhyme as in real life the exclamation  "Oh, Snap!" is said by an onlooker to a situation when a person is being dissed (insulted).

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/03/what-oh-snap-means-online-article.html for the closely related pancocojams post entitled "What "Oh Snap!" Means (Online Article Excerpt & Online Definitions).
-snip-
Here are some comments from this video's discussion thread (with numbers added for referencing purposes only)

1. 
@kellieann123, 2009
"Dont make me snap my fingers in a Z formation, Exclamation, Hip rotation, Talk to the hand. Flip the wrist oh my gosh you just got dissed, Oh snap!"
-snip-
This is the version of that rhyme that is chanted in this video.

**

2. @lethargicastengah572, 2011
"The girl in the end just got bullied by 3 girls, verbally."
-snip-
This comment highlights the fact that "Don't Make Me Snap My Finger In A Z Formation" is a taunting rhyme that may be chanted just for fun, but whose words threaten someone that there will be consequences if they continue doing or saying whatever has made the person chanting angry or annoyed

**
3. @laurenhawkins9750, 2018
"We had: Don't make me snap my fingers in a z-formation, hip rotation, booty sensation, phone vibration, elbow elbow wrist wrist girl you just got dissed snaps"

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #3 - 
Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers



sajacobs1, Nov 12, 2009

7-year-old Macey with attitude
-snip-
The word "attitude" in that sentence means "expression a self-confident, sassy demeanor".

Here's my transcription of this version of this rhyme:

Don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation.
Hair sensation
Hip rotation
Elbow elbow
Wrist Wrist
Ooh my girl you just got dissed.
Poof! with the attitude
I'm not in the moode
I don't need one, two, three four, five
I need the whole six pack of tic tacs. 

****

SHOWCASE VIDEO #4 - Don't Make Me Snap My Fingers In A Z Formation



@meercatrocks,YouTube shorts, retrieved March 13, 2024
-snip-
Here are my transcriptions of both of these versions of this rhyme that are chanted in this video:
"We're going to make a video of something my friend taught me and we're going to show you it. It goes something like this:

Don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation.
Head circulation
Hip rotation
Brick wall water fall
Boy, you think you know it all
Well, you don't. I do.
So Boom! with that attitude
Boom! with that attitude
Reese Pieces Seven up! 

****
"And this is the other one:
Don't make me snap my fingers in a z formation.
Hip rotation
Little Dalmatian
Hip Hip
Now you just got dissed.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #6 - 
Z Formation 3

Brian Stromer, Nov 11, 2007
-snip-
Here's the auto generated transcript with my corrections. Additional corrections are welcome.

This transcript is given without time stamps:


Male voice off camera -"Hey, what's going on over here?

Woman speaking from the group of people wearing Pittsburgh Steeler shirts- "We got four generations of Pittsburgh
Steeler fans getting rowdy for ESPN Monday night football over here

Woman wearing a Miami Dolphins sweat shirt approaches the group and says something.

A young girl from the group goes to stand in front of her and says the following words:

"Don't make me snap my fingers in a Z formation
Exclamation. Question mark, Period
Underline it, capitalize it
Brick wall waterfall, Dolphins think they got it all
But they don't. We do. So boom with your attitude.
Wait. Come back. You need a tic tac.
Not one, not two but the whole darn pack.
Let's get tough and mix it up.
Monday night football, that’s what’s up."
-snip-
This is the only YouTube video that I've come across that presents this rhyme being chanted in its original confrontational context.

That said, I would have preferred that a woman from that group and not the young girl be the person who confronted the Dolphins fan since I don't like the idea of a girl behaving in a confrontational way toward an adult.

****
This concludes Part I of this pancocojams series.


Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment