Translate

Monday, August 1, 2022

African American Gospel Videos That Include The Saying "I Plead The Blood"



Charles Jenkins, Feb. 17, 2015

**** 
Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part II of a two part pancocojams series about the Christian saying "I plead the blood of Jesus" ("I plead the blood").

This post showcases three African American* Gospel videos that include the Christian saying "I plead the blood".

The lyrics for Charles Jenkins' Gospel song "War" are also included in that post. That song includes the words "I plead the blood."

* The choice of these videos does not mean to imply that this saying is only used by African Americans.

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2022/08/what-saying-i-plead-blood-of-jesus-i.html for Part I of this series. That post presents some online excerpts about this saying. This post also presents an excerpt of an online article about the meaning of Jesus being described as "the Lamb of God."

The content of this post is presented for religious and cultural purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those who are featured in these videos and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. 
-snip-
Click 
https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2022/07/memories-of-african-american-old-school.html for a related pancocojams post entitled "Memories Of African American "Old School" Praying Deacons & Church Mothers" 

Also, click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2018/09/what-took-me-to-church-sang-went-in-and.htm for Part I of the pancocojams post with the [revised title] "Explanations Of Some African American Church Words & Phrases Part I". The link to Part II of that series is found in that post.

****
LYRICS FOR "WAR"
(written by Charles Jenkins")

I've got joy in my soul
God is in control
I got Satan on my trail
But I'm singing all is well
He's attacking every day
But I'm watching while I pray
No matter the attack I won't turn back

This means war
This means
This means war
This means
This means war
This means
This means war

I've got joy in my soul
God is in control
I got Satan on my trail
But I'm singing all is well
He's attacking every day
But I'm watching while I pray
No matter the attack I won't turn back

This means war
This means
This means war
This means
This means war
This means
This means war

I plead the blood
I plead, I plead the blood
There's power in the blood
I plead, I plead the blood
Healing in the blood
I plead, I plead the blood
Power in the blood
I plead, I plead the blood

I've been in the storm and the rain
But the blood still stays the same
Whatever's going wrong
My war clothes are on
I might be in a daze
But you can't have my praise
No matter the attack I won't turn back

This means war
This means
This means war
This means
This means war
This means
This means war

You can't have my family
You can't have my increase
You can't have my breakthrough
You can't have my
You can't have my
You can't
You can't
You can't
I plead

I plead, I plead the blood
There's power in the blood
I plead, I plead the blood
A prayer of protection
I plead, I plead the blood
A prayer of provision
I plead, I plead the blood

This means
This means war
There's power in your praise
This means war
Prayer changes things
This means war
You can't take this lying down
This means war
Say this means
This means war
This means war


This song is from the [2014] album "Any Given Sunday".

Online source: https://www.lyricsbox.com/charles-jenkins-and-fellowship-chicago-war-lyrics-lzc8m59.html

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #2I Plead The Blood Of Jesus - Lemmie Battles and AARC


Mrtruegospel. Feb 23, 2008 

Reverend Clay Evans and the African American Religious Choir featuring Lemmie Battles as they sing "I Plead The Blood of Jesus"
-snip-
I haven't found the lyrics to this song online. If you know these lyrics, please share them in the comment section for this pancocojams post and/or in the comment section for that video. Thanks.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #3



OfficialSmokieNorful, March 27, 2020
-snip-
The saying "I plead the blood" is first found in this video at 5:16 as part of Rev. Norful's old school prayer. 

Pancocojams Editor's Note: In response to a comment about the lack of social distancing because of Covid-19 at the event that is shown in this video, Yolanya Howard,a commenter in 2020, wrote "This is from 6years ago!!!!". Therefore, that event occurred in 2014, prior to the Covid-19 pandemic.

****
This concludes Part II of this two part pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment