Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Miracle Tabernacle COGIC's Praise Generation - "Lord I Thank You" & "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" (video & lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part IV of a four part series that showcases examples of and lyrics to the old Gospel song "I'm So Glad The Lord Saved Me".

This post showcases an example of & lyrics for"Lord I Thank You" and "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" as sung by Miracle Tabernacle COGIC Praise Generation choir. If I'm not mistaken, that church is in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

This post also includes the video 1955 Carman (with lyrics) - greatest hit!. That video features a COGIC choir singing "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me".

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/old-school-gospel-song-im-so-glad-that.html for Part I of this series.

Part I showcases an example of that song that is led by Pastor Mark Moore, Sr. of Faith Covenant Church, Atlanta, Georgia.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-original-five-blind-boys-of.html for Part II of this series.

Part II showcases an example of "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" and lyrics of that song as sung by "The Original Five Blind Boys Of Mississippi". That post also includes information about this singing group.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/bishop-g-e-patterson-im-so-glad-that.html for Part III of this series.

Part III showcases an example of & lyrics for "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" as sung by Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson. Information about Bishop Patterson is also included in that post.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

****
FEATURED VIDEO: "Lord I Thank You" & "I'm So Glad The Lord Saved Me" - M.T's Praise Generation"



MiracleTabTv, Uploaded on Jan 31, 2010

****
LYRICS: LORD I THANK YOU & I'M SO GLAD THAT THE LORD SAVED ME"
(as sung by "M.T's Praise Generation")

Chorus:
Lord, I thank you, thank you, thank you
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Thank you all the days of my life.

Oh, Lord I thank you, thank you, thank you
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Thank you all the days of my life.

When I was down, Lord, You raised me [repeat 3x]
I thank all the days of my life

Chorus [repeat 2x]

When I was sick, Lord, You healed me [repeat 3x]
I thank You all the days of my life

[Flow right in to the song “I’m So Glad That The Lord Saved Me”.]

Oh I’m so glad that the Lord saved me
I'm so glad that the Lord saved me
If it had not been for Jesus where would I be
I'm so glad that the Lord saved me

[Ssing all of these words one more time.]

Lead singer -He saved me
Choir - He saved me
Lead - He saved me
Choir- He saved me
All - If it had not been for Jesus where would I be
I'm so glad that the Lord saved me.

[Sing the chorus to "Lord, I thank you" again. In this video, the choir sang it two times.]
-snip-
Transcription by Azizi Powell. This transcription doesn't include the spoken words toward the end of this song encouraging the congregation to give God some praise.

Additions & corrections are welcome.
-snip-
Read comments about "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" in Part I of this series.

Also, read this pancocojams post about "Cut A Step" And Other Black Pentecostal Words, Phrases, & Sayings, Part I http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/cut-step-and-other-black-pentecostal.html

****
ADDENDUM: 1955 Carman (with lyrics) - greatest hit!



cervenabudka, Published on May 13, 2012

I clearly remember how my father brings this videotape home!
Fantastic essence of old times!
-snip-
There's a 1992 DVD entitled Carman - Addicted to Jesus, but I'm not sure if that is the source of this video. I'm also not sure if this video is a spoof on Pentacostal religion or is meant to be taken seriously. But the historical (or historical-like) clip of the choir singing is worth watching and hearing.
The song "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" begins at 5:47 and the entire song begins at 2:19. A transcript of the entire song beginning at 2:19 including "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" is included in the summary.
Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRV9JunkE0Q

However, I was interested in the entire video, particularly how the video show the White sponsor of the church concert being concerned that the White towns people wouldn't like the fact that a COGIC choir (also referred to as a "Colored" choir) would be singing at that concert.

****
This concludes Part IV of this series.

My thanks to for their music. My thanks also to the publisher of this sound file on YouTube.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment