Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bishop G. E. Patterson - COGIC Song "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" (sound file & lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part III of a four part series that showcases examples of and lyrics to the old Gospel song "I'm So Glad The Lord Saved Me".

This post showcases an example of & lyrics for "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" as sung by Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson. Information about Bishop Patterson is also included in this post.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/old-school-gospel-song-im-so-glad-that.html for Part I of this series.

Part I features an example of that song that is led by Pastor Mark Moore, Sr. of Faith Covenant Church, Atlanta, Georgia.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-original-five-blind-boys-of.html for Part II of this series.

Part II showcases an example of "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" and lyrics of that song as sung by "The Original Five Blind Boys Of Mississippi". That post also includes information about this singing group.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2013/12/miracle-tabernacle-cogics-praise.html for Part IV of this series.

Part IV showcases an example of & lyrics for "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" as sung by Miracle Tabernacle COGIC's Praise Generation choir.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT BISHOP G. E. PATTERSON
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_E._Patterson
"Gilbert Earl Patterson (September 22, 1939[1] – March 20, 2007[2]) was an American Pentecostal-Holiness, Charismatic minister who served as the international Presiding Bishop and Chief Apostle of the Church of God in Christ (COGIC), Inc...

Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson, international presiding Bishop of the Churches of God in Christ, Inc., and pastor of Temple of Deliverance COGIC Temple of Memphis, Tennessee, came out in 2006 with an album entitled, "Singing It the Old Time Way, Vol. 2
Patterson was the founder/ president of Bountiful Blessings Ministries which is viewed nationwide and internationally on the BET and TBN cable networks and a variety of local television stations throughout the country."
-snip-
Read more about Bishop G. E. Patterson in the summary statement of the sound file that is embedded in this post.

****
FEATURED VIDEO: I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me - Bishop G. E. Patterson, "Singing The Old Time Way Vol 2"



pannellctp, Uploaded on Nov 13, 2011

..."Bishop Patterson was a pastor. Bishop Patterson founded and pastored Bountiful Blessings Temple of Deliverance in 1975 and thirty-two years later Temple of Deliverance Church Of God In Christ has more than 15,000 members on roll with more than 6,500 active members. In May 1999, Bishop Patterson and Temple of Deliverance Church Of God In Christ entered new Worship Center which cost approximately 13 million dollars and seats approximately 5000. In 2005 the congregation dedicated the G. E. Patterson Family Life and Youth Center which it built at a cost of more than 5 million dollars without securing a bank loan. Temple of Deliverance is one of the fastest growing congregations in the country. During his ministerial career, Bishop Patterson organized 7 churches across the country.

Bishop Patterson was an ultimate visionary. He was the founder/ president of Bountiful Blessings Ministries which is viewed nationwide and internationally on the B.E.T. and TBN cable networks and a variety of local television stations throughout the country. He was the editor and publisher of the Bountiful Blessings Magazine with a distribution list of over 200,000 individuals. He was the president and general manager of WBBP Radio, a 5000-watt, full time gospel radio station. He was President of Podium Records, a record label whose first project, Bishop G. E. Patterson Presents Rance Allen and the Soul Winners' Conference Choir was nominated for a 1999 Grammy Award. Podium Records also released the hit CDs "Bishop G. E. Patterson and Congregation Singing the Old Time Way Volume One and Bishop G. E. Patterson and Congregation Singing the Old Time Way Volume Two." Volume One was nominated for a 2006 Grammy Award, making Bishop Patterson personally a two time Grammy Nominee. Bishop Patterson was the 2006 Stellar Award winner for Best Traditional Male Vocalist. He was also nominated for a 2006 Soul Train Music Award."...
-snip-
Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e10V1_p0nyg for more information about Bishop G. E. Patterson from that sound file's summary statement.
-snip-
To date, there are only six comments in this YouTube sound file's comment thread (excluding the comment that I wrote alerting people to this post). One of the commenters described this song as "old time church music"
Shaniqua Williams, 2013
"olg time church music-- I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH!!!! :)"
-snip-
Two of those comments document the fact that this song is still sung in churches. For example,
preachersboy101, 2013
"My pastor sings this song ALL the time. He sings this song practically every Sunday morning at church."
-snip-
Also, Lizz Jones confirmed H Peter Ray's guess that the woman singing the song with Bishop Patterson is Sis. Rose Marie Rimson-Brown.
-snip-
For additional comments about this song, read the section on comments in Part I of this series. Those commenters indicated that this is an old COGIC (Church Of God In Christ) song.

I'm not sure if that song was composed by a person who was a member of a COGIC church, or if The Original Five Blind Boys Of Mississippi were members of COGiC churches. I think those comments mean that this song was a standard in COGIC churces. Furthermore, "I'm So Glad That The Lord Saved Me" was included in Bishop G. E. Patterson's album of religious songs, and Bishop Patterson was the head of the COGIC church.

****
LYRICS: I’M SO GLAD THAT THE LORD SAVED ME
(as sung by Bishop G. E. Patterson)

I’m so glad that the Lord saved me
I’m so glad that the Lord saved me
If it had not been for Jesus tell me
Where would I be
I’m so glad that the Lord saved me
[Repeat 3x]
He saved me (He saved me)
[repeat 3x)

I’m glad that he did (He saved me)

If it If it had not been for Jesus tell me
Where would I be
I’m so glad that the Lord saved me
[return to first verse]
Aren’t you glad that the Lord saved you etc.

Oh, He saved me
[response] He saved me
He saved me
[response] He saved me
saved me
[response] He saved me
saved me
[response] He saved me
If it had not been for Jesus
Where would I be
Oh I’m so glad that the Lord saved me
-snip-
Transcription by Azizi Powell. Additions and corrections are welcome.

****
This concludes Part III of this series.

My thanks to Bishop G. E. Patterson for his life work. My thanks also to the publisher of this sound file on YouTube and thanks to all those who I quoted in this post.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment