Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes - With God I'm Satisfied (lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post is Part III of a three part series of Gospel songs that on the theme "being satisfied with God".

Part III of this series features a video of & lyrics to the song "With God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes.

Part I of this series features a sound file of and lyrics to the Gospel song "Praise God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Blind Willie Johnson.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/12/blind-willie-johnson-praise-god-im.html for that post.

Part II of this series features a sound file of & lyrics to the song "I Thank God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Rev. Oris Mays in 1974.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/12/rev-oris-mays-i-thank-god-im-satisfied.html for that post.

The content of this post is presented for historical, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

FEATURED VIDEO

Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes - With God I'm Satisfied



pannellctp, Uploaded on Oct 20, 2010

Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes The Country Boy Goes Home
-snip-
Teddy Cross sings a lead in this rendition of this song.

LYRICS: WITH GOD I'M SATISFIED

I’ve been down to the water
and I’ve been baptized
Now my soul is wiped clean
With God I’m satisfied

Lead singer:
I had been wandering around
in sin much too long
I didn’t have a true God
I didn’t have a God I could call my own

Suddenly it came to me
I had to leave this world of toil and misery
I had to find a sweet resting place
for my soul to spend eternity

I’ve been down to the water
and I’ve been baptized
Now my soul is wiped clean
With God I’m satisfied

All my friends, they laughed at me
when I told them from sin I’d been set free
But every time they tried to knock me down
God put another star in my crown.

I’ve been down to the water
and I’ve been baptized
Now my soul is wiped clean
With God I’m satisfied

-snip-
These are the basic lyrics to this song as transcribed by Azizi Powell on 12/6/2012. By "basic lyrics" I mean that this transcription is given without the interjections, testifying, and preaching comments that are made before & during this rendition and after the singing appeared to end but started up again.

Additions and corrections are welcome.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND THANKS
Thanks to the composer of this Gospel song, and thanks to Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes for their rendition of this song. Thanks also the producer of this video and its YouTube uploader.

Finally, thank you for visiting pancocojams.

Viewer comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment