Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Blind Willie Johnson - Praise God I'm Satisfied (with Lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post is Part I of a three part series of Gospel songs that on the theme "being satisfied with God".

Part I of this series features a sound file of and lyrics to the Gospel song "Praise God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Blind Willie Johnson.

Part II of this series features a sound file of & lyrics to the song "I Thank God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Rev. Oris Mays in 1974.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/12/rev-oris-mays-i-thank-god-im-satisfied.html for that post.

Part III of this series features a video of & lyrics to the song "With God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/12/willie-neal-johnson-new-gospel-keynotes.html for that post.

The content of this post is presented for historical, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

FEATURED SOUND FILE

Blind Willie Johnson ~ Praise God I'm Satisfied



pdwarehouse, Published on Apr 19, 2012

"Blind" Willie Johnson (January 22, 1897 -- September 18, 1945) was an American singer and guitarist, whose music straddled the border between blues and spirituals.

While the lyrics of his songs were often religious, his music drew from both sacred and blues traditions. His music is distinguished by his powerful bass thumb-picking and gravelly false-bass voice, with occasional use of a tenor voice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Willie_Johnson


LYRIC: PRAISE GOD I'M SATISFIED

Praise God I'm satisfied,
For me He bled and died,
Well I'm glad to know that He loved me so,
For me He was crucified
Lord I'm satisfied,
For me He bled and died,
Well I'm glad to know that He loved me so,
Praise God I'm satisfied.

Up on the mountain dreary
I wandered sad and alone,
And how well my Saviour found me,
For to claim me for His own.
Placed His arms about me,
And he drawed me to His side, all right,
I might be a child of His,
Praised God I'm satisfied

Well it gave me joy and gladness,
For the clouds He rolled away.
While am I left on earth singin' His praises,
How glad I am today.
Oh such a need had sinners,
For me he bled and died, bled and died, all right,
Now I know I'm a child of His,
Praise God I'm satisfied.

http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/blind-willie-johnson-lyrics/praise-god-i_m-satisfied-lyrics.html
(these lyrics are submitted by kaan)

Editor's Note:
I capitalized the "H" in "he" which were given in lower case in the verse 1 & 2. According to American traditions, pronouns that refer to Jesus and God are capitalized.

I'm not sure if Blind Willie Johnson was the composer of this song or not.

RELATED LINK
Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhNPhOJ5K7A for a vintage film clip of African Americans being baptized in the Mississippi river. Blind Wiilie Johnson's rendition of
Praise God I'm Satisfied" was added to this silent film clip.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND THANKS
Thanks to the composer of this Gospel song, and thanks to Blind Willie Johnson and the unnamed woman for singing this song. Thanks also to the transcriber of these lyrics, the producer/recorder of this sound file as well as its YouTube uploader.

Finally, thank you for visiting pancocojams.

Viewer comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment