Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Rev. Oris Mays - I Thank God I'm Satisfied (with lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post is Part II of a three part series of Gospel songs that on the theme "being satisfied with God".

Part II of this series features a sound file of & lyrics to the song "I Thank God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Rev. Oris Mays in 1974.

Part I of this series features a sound file of and lyrics to the Gospel song "Praise God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Blind Willie Johnson.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/12/blind-willie-johnson-praise-god-im.html for that post.

Part III of this series features a video of & lyrics to the song "With God I'm Satisfied" as sung by Willie Neal Johnson & The New Gospel Keynotes.

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/12/willie-neal-johnson-new-gospel-keynotes.html for that post.

The content of this post is presented for historical, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

FEATURED SOUND FILE

Oris Mays - I Thank God I'm Satisfied (Album 1974)



Williamkinggospel, Uploaded on Feb 1, 2012

Oris Mays
A Gospel Star at His Best
I Thank God I'm Satisfied
©1974 Jewel Records


LYRICS:
Every since that wonderful day
My soul has been satisfied

Every since that wonderful day
My soul has been satisfied
Lead: You know the Lord
moves in mysterious ways
His wonder to perform
Plants His foot out on the sea
And He rides on every storm
He fixed my feet for running
And my eyes He opened wide.
He fixed my tongue so I can say
thank God I’m satisfied.
He fixed my tongue so I can say
thank God I’m satisfied.

[Repeat entire verse]

I know I been changed
deep down in my soul
I been converted
and my name is on heaven’s roll.
He fixed my feet for running
And my eyes He opened wide.
He fixed my tongue so I could say
thank God I’m satisfied.
He fixed my tongue so I could say
thank God I’m satisfied.
He fixed my tongue so I could say
thank God I’m satisfied.

-snip-
These are the basic lyrics to this song as transcribed by Azizi Powell on 12/6/2012. Additions and corrections are welcome.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND THANKS
Thanks to the composer of this Gospel song, and thanks to Rev. Oris May for singing this song. Thanks also the producer of this sound file and its YouTube uploader.

Finally, thank you for visiting pancocojams.

Viewer comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment