Translate

Sunday, August 2, 2026

Line Dancing With Terressa's Version Of The Trail Ride Line Dance For "Follow Me" by Aly-Us (video & comments)


 

Follow Me
published by @LineDancingWithTerressa, December 25, 2024

-snip-
Statistics as of August 3, 2026 at 2:11 PM EST:
total # of views - 218,846
total # of comments - 233

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part II of a two part pancocojams series that showcases some YouTube videos of African American line dances to the hit 1992 House music anthem "Follow Me" by Aly-Us.

This post showcases a 2024 YouTube video short of a a group in Columbus, South Carolina doing a trail ride line dance to the 1992 House music anthem "Follow Me" by Aly-Us.

There usually are more than one African American line dance choreography for a particular record, unless a particular way of doing the line dance becomes so popular that it becomes "canon" and any other way/s of doing that dance is/are disregarded.

Line Dancing With Terressa' is the featured dancer/instructor for this particular way of doing this trail ride line dance for "Follow Me" by Aly-Us.  I don't know if she was the first person to teach this version of this line dance for this song. 

Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5c4oCdhGU for the January 2025 YouTube video entitled "Follow Me Line Dance Instructional, published by Line Dancing With Terressa".

****
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2026/08/follow-me-by-aly-us-african-american.html for Part I of this pancocojams series. That post showcases four YouTube videos of African American line dances to the hit 1992 House music anthem "Follow Me" by Aly-Us. 

That post also includes selected comments from the discussion thread for one of those showcased videos.

**** 
The content of this post is presented for historical, socio-cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Aly-Us (musical group) and thanks to the producers of Aly-Us' hit 1992 record "Follow Me". Thanks to Line Dancing With Terressa, the dance instructor/dancer who published this particular video and other line dance videos on YouTube.

Thanks also to all those who are featured in that video, and a particular shout out to the man wearing the green camo short who was mentioned by a number of commenters in this video's discussion  thread. Thanks also to 
all those who are quoted in this pancocojams post.
-snip-
* A number of African American line dances to the club mix version of the House (genre) record "Follow Me" have been published on YouTube since 2012.

It's important to note that although House music is used for some of these African American line dances, the dances that are being performed aren't House dance movements. Click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_dance for a Wikipedia article about House dance. Also, YouTube has a number of videos of "house dances".
-snip-
Here are links to pancocojams posts about the song "Follow Me" and/or line dances to that song:

https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2026/08/follow-me-by-aly-us-1992-house-music.html "Follow Me" by Aly-Us (1992 House Music Anthem: Sound File, Summary & Lyrics)

https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2025/08/what-are-trail-ride-line-dances-how-are.html "What Are "Trail Ride" Line Dances & How Are They Different From "Soul" Line Dances?"

https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2025/08/comments-from-discussion-threads-of.html "Video Examples Of Trail Ride Line Dancing (With Comments & Information About African American Trail Rides)" and click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2025/08/kenny-j-shares-soul-line-dance-history.html "Kenny J Shares Soul Line Dance History In A 2025 Online Interview"

****

SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THIS VIDEO (found at the top of this post)

Numbers are added for referencing purposes only.




 https://youtube.com/shorts/dwDV42rQcd0?si=MNG7S9EERY1nEcb6  Follow Me



2025

1. @leeanadiaz8463
"Omg!! I absolutely love this!!!❤❤❤"

**
2. @mishellesunshine
"Where was this when I was in college ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰❤"

**
3. @bigchill3539
"Big Tune ....Follow me listen to all the lyrics search the ๐ŸŽต song ppl its iconic"

**
4. @Gigi.973
"Havent heard that song in about 30 years. Growing up they played it at the skating rink and all the black folk would skate in unison. Brings me back to childhood. ๐ŸŽถ why dont you follow me? to a place where we can be free๐ŸŽถ"

**
5. @WendyWilliam-b7x
"Never would I think this old tune would have people line dancing to it but fits it quite well

**
6. @rbenitez6140
"I remember many years ago doing that dance to follow me at a motorcycle club in Brooklyn."

**
7. @kocogoddess1423
"Linden, New Jersey Househeads ๐Ÿชถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿชถ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿซ‚๐ŸคŽ☀️๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒ‰๐ŸŒŒ"

**
8. @marquereed1593
"the song had a line dance to it and  someone put some trailriding moves to it --- another line dance song they change the steps to thats all"

**
9. @youlandaturner3638
"House music all night long๐Ÿ’ฏ follow me why don't you follow me to a place where we all can be free❤ Ms Toni said how you wanna carry it WHATS UP WHATS UP.. I miss Baltimore house music Dj Frank Ski kept us dancing all night๐Ÿ’ฏ❤️๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘"

**
10. @candiesrichardson4858
"I love to see people having fun and dancing this is how everyone supposed to be ❤๐Ÿ˜Š"

**
11. @nightscapechannel
"Its not a black thing in this one folks, its definitely a song thing! "Follow me" be having everyone at home dancing like this ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ™"

**
12. @sparklemocha8781
"I want to go. Look so fun n relaxing. ๐Ÿ˜Š"

**
Reply
13. @barbaraanderson5211
"I know that's right. Have some fun."

**
Reply
14. @loribobson3237
"Alright now! Party"

**
15. @charzettasands5403
"Get it YALL ๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
16. @dorisdiggs6147
"My man in the green.❤"

**
17. @shirleyw.6783
"Camouflage dude tearing it up and he ain't leaving no crumbs behind ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ"

**
Reply
18. @lorrainedalton9823, 2026
"Aight"

**
19. @kaystar3434
"I love this! Camouflage shirt taking it all the way in!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
20. @prinxessblake609
"Camouflage ain’t playing with none y’all. Get it Cam๐Ÿ˜Š❤"

** 
Reply
21. @PreachNPraise
"Is  he the the same guy in the Love Train version wearing a yellow shirt?  He be getting it! ❤❤❤"

**
Reply
22. @eforward1930
"@PreachNPraise Right! He’s doing it in the opposite direction, nobody’s noticing that!"

**
Reply
23. @LADAWNREYNOLDS
"Who is he? He be jamming! Camo shirt?"

**
24. @ApplezBeReal
"I Love Us..When We come together. We do the Damn Thing..#BlackLove2025๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฟ"

**
25. @dianeharris7669
"Them fan is off the chain๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ"

**
26. @sparklemocha8781
"It's the FAN fa me! ๐Ÿ’š"

**
27. @kettishabradley4637
"❤❤❤❤ I'm from Detroit, I'm learning all these county line dances  love it"

**
28. @hotblkverguy
"Where are these people dancing at... I want to come dance that place"

**
Reply
29. @sebarnes301
"S Bar Columbia, SC"

**
30. @yolandanelson9219
"They throwing down up in dat joint! Git it!๐Ÿ˜Š❤❤❤"

**
31. @nikiamitchell5463
"I swear I love everything about this ❤"

**
32. @kateevachisolm2613
"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜… THE MAN IN THE CAMO....

 JUST CAME IN AND TOOK OVER THE WHOLE  AS... DANCE!!

HE, WAS DOIN.. THE MOST FOR REAL

 LOVE❤ IT"

**
33. @NieceyMcKnight
"The guy in the camouflage is taking it to a whole new level! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!"

**
34. @doebaby6222
"Always a person that do too much ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
35. @shenetheawardlow1033
"I wanna get on the train please๐Ÿค—"

**
36. @MarchellTurner-e5s
"I wish I could be there!!!!! Jam y'all ❤❤❤❤"

**
Reply
37. @mamamama-ei6kc
"come down south we will show yall how to do it"

**
38. @afimearts
"Only black folks can bring skate party vibe and not have skates  on๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ and it still look lIKE๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ"

**
39. @marquereed1593
"
so they taking old line dances and remaking them???"

**
40. @angelajohnson336
"We are line dancing ourselves right on into The Golden Age..Look at all this Unity. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿชญ"

**
Reply
41. @VettsClass
"We get down in SC ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿชญ✨๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฟ๐ŸŽบ๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽน๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŽธ๐ŸŽป๐Ÿช•๐Ÿชˆ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿฟ‍๐ŸŽค๐ŸŽค๐Ÿ‘ข๐Ÿ‘ข๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿชญ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฟ"

**
Reply
42. @AlexandriaCollect-hk7qi
"❤๐Ÿ˜‚❤๐Ÿ˜‚❤๐Ÿ˜‚❤....that's how you do it"

**
43. @token787
"I would have been behind the Cam shirt kickin it with him!"

**
44. @pjmoneybags2780
"Love to see people having fun & looking happy!☺️"

**
45. @dorisdiggs6147
"I love seeing them dance."

**
46. @emilybrown7224
"The fans made me love the dance moreeee yasss espically the one with the green shirt"

**
47. @Bam-g1i
"Making me thirsty for some moonshine and some tralride fried fish ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜Š"

**
48. @GrapeSoda718_
"That "get it babyyy" in the beginning has so much soul in it ๐Ÿ˜‚ I love my ppl"

**
49. @slimthickjones1584
"came here to see dude in camo gear lol yup this his song an dance ok lmao i love it"

**
Reply
50. @tomika7455, 2026
"Yall showing out nih but I Love it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚! We know how to party yall ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰❤❤"

**
51. @kimwinder8837
"OK With The CamoShirt!!❤❤❤"

**
52. @JehSquared
"Shawn you doing too much"!๐Ÿ˜‰"

**
Reply
53. @jaikiki33,  2026
"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
Reply
54. @DwayneFugate,  2026
"Just extra AF ๐Ÿ˜‚"

 **
55. @culenahalim9683
"Every time I see him its a party yes"

**
Reply
59. @Driekadabiggest
"Yeah Quinton came to tear sh_ t* up this video alone made me wanna start line dancing ๐Ÿคฃ"
-snip-
*This word is fully spelled out in this comment. 

**
Reply
60. @luvdocturja
"Ayeee"

**
Reply
61. @OccinaJones
"He always running to the front of the line get back there๐Ÿ˜…"

**
62. @SlytherinSiren
"This song is THE SH__T*!!!❤❤ ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฟ"
-snip-
*This word is fully spelled out in this comment.

**
Reply
63. @LineDancingWithTerressa
" @SlytherinSiren  ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ"

**
64. @carmelacollier6051
"
Where is this party at I want to go I love this song Good memories"

**
Reply
65. @m.f.mnation3119
"Columbia sc"

**
66. @jamespope1497
"Brick city anthem!"
-snip-
Brick city= Newark, New Jersey>
Read the information in the comment section for this post about how Newark got that nickname.

**
67. @cynthiae.wilson5360
"Time Repeats itself, this song came out over 40 years ago and we putting off of it"

**
68. @jasminevirgo9811
"This is so cool. I like this. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ"

**
69. @chocolatetiea1127
"It's the bass for me"

**
70. @msshaunamosley
"
A whole vibe!!!"

**
71. @ItsYaBoiTrippy
"Lit as hell!! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ"

**
72. @B1000-p6j
"I bet it's so funky in there๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
73. @AqilAli_19
"What's this a gay club?"

**
Reply
74. @TheeGoatNeech, 2026
"It just always gotta be a hater"

**
75. @robindavis958
"I love living in the South and Trailrides and this is a way of partying. We have a blast. Crack the fans hard... When I moved to the south, I saw what i was missing!!!"

**
76. @nenalopez0806
"Yessss this my jammmmmm๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ"

**
77. @moniquejohnson2465
"Go hed Red Boots and Happy Feet ๐Ÿ‘ฃ in the green ๐Ÿ˜‚I love it!"

**
78. @heathermorris8840
"
You better work"

**
79. @losfornia
"
Black Americans ✊๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ"

**
80. @1Skorpia
"Ayyyeee!!! Come thru๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐Ÿ”Š"

**
Reply
81. @CEOofVKS
"periodtttt๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•"

**
82. @leticiaportlock1062
"I love yall! Im out here in the Midwest independence missouri❤๐Ÿ˜Š."

**
83. @neverendingstory2026
"Everybody understood the assignment this year. Mind our business aka entertain ourselves cs nope"

**
84. @lovellpinkney7423
"This has to be in Texas ๐Ÿค”.   Wherever it is, i absolutely unequivocally love it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™"

**
Reply
85. @m.f.mnation3119
"No Columbia sc"

**
86. @leticiaportlock1062
"Gotta be chitown❤๐Ÿ˜Š"

**
Reply
87. @m.f.mnation3119
"No Columbia sc"

**
88. @melvinbrown7475
"Here we go with theses damn Fans๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚"

**
Reply
89. @karenellerby8538
"Love ❤️ the fans"

**** 

2026

90. @lisamorgan7970
"What a soulful tune ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฝ"

**
91. @1addenton
"Love our people ❤️♥️ Gone head yall!!! Get it!!!"

**
92. @2ookie2ookie
"That's right! Attack the song. Step baby!!! They stepp'n like they ain't got nowhere to go. Lol"

**
93. @sophiabaker5453
"Talkin' bout sum good ol' fashion fun!!! I would love to be there, my heart is dancing and I'm cheesing like I'm there. ❤❤❤❤❤Skating with no skates ❤❤❤"

**
94. @laurafelder2863
"I'm with the guy in the green pants trying to learn the dance ๐Ÿ˜…"

**
95. @kimberlysmith3202
"I always wait on Que to pop out!! Even if it’s not his state ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚he can’t be everywhere!! ❤❤"
-snip-
"Que" is a referent for a member of the historically Black Greek letter fraternity Omega Psi Phi Inc. However, I don't think that is who this commenter is referring to.  Instead, I believe that "Que" in this comment refers to the man in this video who is wearing camouflage (patterned clothing). One commenter in that discussion thread referred to him as "Q" and another commenter referred to him as "Quinton".  

**
96. @IndigoStarr11
"What line/slide is this??"
-snip-
No one answered that commenter's question.

However, I believe this question is culturally significant because it documents that (African American) line dances were also sometimes referred to as "slides".

**
97. @uprayup
"Let me get a fan!!! Flop! flop! flop! flop!"

**
98. @taneiyahtownsend2351
"Y’all be having a ball baby gotta figure out when you coming to Richmond va again"

**
99. @CallieSpeakz
"WERK!!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ Follow Me is THEE house national anthem. ๐Ÿ˜Š"

**
100. @JoseThompson-q8w
"This jam follow me  made a come back"

**
Reply
101. @LineDancingWithTerressa
"Yaaasssss!!!"

**
102. @yvonnechildress2428
"I forgot his name. The guy in the camouflage always leads the pack. He’s very good at what he do."

**
103. @TeresaCru-v5s
"That is house music!!!!Line dancing aint for every thing! ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพ‍♀️ just keeping it ๐Ÿ’ฏ"

**
Reply
104. DancingWithTerressa
"SAYS WHO?  What God? What rule book? What bylaws?!

ILL WAIT!"

**
105. @AnitaHenderson-m3h
"I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ❤❤๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š"

****
This concludes Part II of this pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment