Translate

Saturday, August 1, 2026

"Follow Me" by Aly-Us: African American Circle Line Dance Videos (from 2012, 2019, and 2024)




Circle Line Dance to Follow Me

Jeterated, Apr 17, 2012

NC's Largest "FIRE & ICE" Line Dance Party 4-7-2012

Music -Follow Me (Club Mix)

Aly-Us Strictly Tiefschwarz (DJ Edition - Unmixed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB5-rUP9zVQ

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part I of a two part pancocojams series that showcases some YouTube videos of African American line dances to the hit 1992 House music anthem "Follow Me" by Aly-Us.

This post showcases two YouTube videos of African American line dances to the hit 1992 House music anthem "Follow Me" by Aly-Us from 2012. This post also showcases one YouTube video from 2019, and one YouTube video from 2024.  Selected comments from the discussion thread of the 2024 video are also included in this post.

Click ___ for Part II of this pancocojams series. That post showcases several YouTube videos of African American line dances to the hit 1992 House music anthem "Follow Me" by Aly-Us from 2025 and one video from 2026.  Selected comments from the discussion thread of these videos are also included in that post. 

The content of this post is presented for historical, socio-cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Aly-Us (musical group) and thanks to the producers of the record "Follow Me". Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publisher of this sound file on YouTube.
-snip-
A number of African American line dances to the club mix version of the House (genre) record "Follow Me" have been published on YouTube since 2012, including 2026.
-snip-
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2026/08/follow-me-by-aly-us-1992-house-music.html "Follow Me" by Aly-Us (1992 House Music Anthem: Sound File, Summary & Lyrics)

Also, click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2025/08/what-are-trail-ride-line-dances-how-are.html "What Are "Trail Ride" Line Dances & How Are They Different From "Soul" Line Dances?"

 Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2025/08/comments-from-discussion-threads-of.html "Video Examples Of Trail Ride Line Dancing (With Comments & Information About African American Trail Rides)" and click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2025/08/kenny-j-shares-soul-line-dance-history.html "Kenny J Shares Soul Line Dance History In A 2025 Online Interview"

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #2 - Follow Me Line Dance (Circle Dance)



Tempestt Boone, Aug 15, 2012

Another favorite of the Tuesday class!!!

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #3 - Follow Me Circle Line Dance

 

Kathryn Beamon, Dec 25, 2019

Circle Line Dance ~ !

Begin in a big circle with everyone facing towards their right. The dance is done moving counter-clockwise.

***I did not create this choreography.

Music: Follow Me (Club Mix)

Aly-Us Strictly Tiefschwarz (DJ Edition - Unmixed)

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO #4 - “FOLLOW ME” 

Yaya Rodriguz, Nov 18, 2024

Steppas dancing to the song “Follow Me” by Aly-us

 Music: Follow Me (Club Mix)

Aly-Us

Strictly Tiefschwarz (DJ Edition - Unmixed)
-snip-
This video is an example of a trail ride line dance version of "Follow Me".

Here are some comments from this video's discussion thread (with numbers added for referencing purposes only.)

2025

1. @TawandaFBA0013
"Hello too our Southern Freedmen/Foundation Black American Kinfolks, love & respect from Philly !!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ✌"

**
2. @AuntieRedsz
"Our ancestors are proud keep it going 🫢🏽❤️❤️❤️❤️

**
3. @AfriMartInternational
"Let’s do this in Ghana πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­"

**
4. @chevyawwready9861
"
I love my people, I love you all πŸ’ž"

**
5. @divinefeminine9380
"
Get it Black folk"

**
6. @carlaluxecollection4134
"πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ€žπŸΎπŸ€žπŸΎ Love SC"

**
7. @Jengerlynn
"I love us !! ❤️πŸ”±πŸ–€ FBA FamILY"
-snip-
"Foundational Black American" (FBA) is a new referent for part of the population that has commonly been referred to as African American (Black American). "FBA" is a lineage term-not a racial term- that is usually defined as "people who can trace at least one of their ancestors to a Black person who was enslaved in the United States prior to the end of slavery in that nation."

In my opinion, the referent "Foundational Black Americans" ("FBA") has had (and continues to have) negative political and other societal implications as it has been used and continues to be used to divide Black people living in the United States. 

**
8. @tyleetophbrown
"i love my black american / FBA ppl, no matter what we go through we will push and  find a way to enjoy outselfs"

**
9. @sunshinewilson4535
"They did that. Come on through Aunties and Uncles...."

**
10. @Smitty753
"The fact that they are doing a circular dance remind me of the Ring shout so much. Then they're doing the conga line what is a traditional African dance that black Americans also been doing. Just beautiful"

**
Reply
11. @Gullahbae
"What did you expect? This is South Carolina! We’ve kept our culture alive for centuries! We’ve never abandoned nor forgotten who we are! #gullahgeechee"

**
Reply
12. @jasannahmarie888
"You must come join us one day Smitty🏽❤️❤️❤️❤️"

**
13. @ChrisSmith-dh8gv
"South Carolina at its finest❤️πŸ’―…… #mystate"

**
14. @staceyfrancis485
"love my people.   we gonna dance❤️"

**
15. @totallytavetv5924
"
I love this angle of it lol"

**
Reply
16. @yayascTV
"Thankfully this one had enough space where I could move around like I did, cause usually it’s packed and you have to stand in one spot and hope for the best πŸ˜‚"

**
17. @qw2659
"
People of all ages!❤️❤️❤️❤️"


**
18. @NieceyMcKnight
Come on South Carolina!!!

**
19. @shawncobbs1094
"Wow 
❤️ AMAZING❤️ LOVE ❤️IT"

**
20. @lindabethea5589
"
Love it❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️"

**
21. @Sosababy995
"
Me and the cameraman gotta fight, I’m tryna learn the dance and he’s here spinning round with the cameraπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ All love tho great vidπŸ‘ŠπŸΏπŸ”₯"

**
Reply
22. @yayascTV
"
🀭 This is definitely not a “tutorial” video lol"

**
Reply
23. @Sosababy995
" @yayascTV   I see lol, it’s hard watching the ladies in blue and not tryna copy themπŸ˜‚"

**
24. @karennasir5329
"
Oh My Goodness, Where is this??? ‼️πŸ‘€"

**
Reply
25. @yayascTV
"
That was at the Florence Fairgrounds"

**
Reply
26. @yayascTV
"South Carolina"

**
27. @VettsClass
"We get down in SC πŸŽΆπŸ‡πŸΏπŸͺ­✨πŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸ™ŒπŸΏπŸŽΊπŸŽ·πŸŽΉπŸ”₯🎸🎻πŸͺ•πŸͺˆπŸ‘¨πŸΏ‍πŸŽ€πŸŽ€πŸ‘’πŸ‘’πŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸͺ­πŸ‡πŸΏ"

**
Reply
28. @Gullahbae
"
We sure don’t play!"

**
29. @valeriehester1559
"Love this. Jersey dont got shhhh on this"

**
Reply
30. @pinkchula
"ik that's right πŸ˜‚πŸ”₯πŸ’ƒπŸ»"

**
31. @jamillah1913muhammad
"
I love this and would love to learn this line dance❤️"


**
32. @iAmDrQuin
"I love us sooo much!!!"

**
Reply
33. @jbubba1053
"FBA!!"

**
Reply
34. @reggmckoy790, 2026
"The Freedmen!"

**
35. @michaelmitchell9755
"I love seeing  an hearing  music  like this"

**
36. @leslieanderson4292
"Lovvvve this! Mississippi lady checking in and I need someone to confirm… this is SC, correct? I love to see it ❤️"

**
Reply
37. @yayascTV
"Yes it is"

**
38. @MichaelBrown-xl5qr
"If u see a village in Africa they come together in Unity....i love to see black folk over here Doing this very thing I LOVE πŸŽ‰πŸ˜…IT"

**
39. @b-rilly07
"Where is this I would love to do this line up with yall!!! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½"

**
Reply
40. @yayascTV
"
South Carolina"

**
41. @ibstayfly
"Ayyyyyeeeee Get it. I love this dance especially the fan part its so cool"

****
2026

42. @darlenejohnson1721
"Changing the frequency πŸŽ‰ That land is vibrating πŸŽ‰

What Up Ancestors πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š"

**

43. @chrischatmon4750
"
Man! When black folks can get together without violence, it’s a beautiful thing!!!❤️❤️❤️πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ™πŸΏ"

**
44. @RoseliSoares-f7s
"
Sou do Brasil amo a danΓ§a ver vocΓͺs danΓ§ando ❤️"

-snip-
Google translate from Portuguese to English:
"I'm
 from Brazil and I love dancing, especially watching you all dance ❤️"

**
45. @loribobson3237
"Yall definitely ate this"

**
46. @ErrolHibbett
"
Such a beautiful song,  and even more beautiful sight to see brothas and sistas come together in this spirit,  I LOVE MY CITY CHICAGO!!"

**
47. @katwestbrook846
"I love my brothers and sisters - our Heavenly Father is our common Mister. I dance with you."

**
48. @Justeye-z5s
"My blk folk, grown doing there thing. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ€Ž✌🏾"

**
49. @caynehampton1878
"
Playing Northeast (NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, and Baltimore) House/Club Music down south? South Jersey in the house."

**
50. @moirabaker458
"I love watching this and I'm a white Scot.  Love the sense of community and belonging"

**
51. @asiaticpluszz
"Old school rules"

**
52. @asiaticpluszz
"We must stop fighting

Follow me to a place we can be free"

**
53. @wyatt1017
"The illest"

**
54. @relltalk4549
"I LOVE BEING BLACK!!!!!!     My people!!!    We are so πŸ”₯."

****
This concludes Part II of this pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment