Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

The "Please Don't Let Him Be Black" Reaction That A Number Of African Americans Have After Hearing That Someone Shot Former United States President Trump

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part I of a two part pancocojams series on the "Please don't let him be Black" reaction  that a number of African Americans have to televised news that an unidentified person has committed a violent act. 

This pancocojams post presents the summary statement and an excerpt of a July 15, 2024 Reese Waters podcast entitled "
 "African American political and cultural commenter Reese Waters shared in that podcast 

This pancocojams post also includes selected comments from that discussion thread that focus on that prayers and similar prayers (such as "Don't let him be Latino". 

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/07/exploring-reasons-for-please-dont-let.html for Part II of this pancocojams series. That post presents three article excerpts and one full online article about why a number of African Americans or other People of Color have had and still have the "Please don't let him be Black [or other People of Color population]" reaction to news that an unidentified person has committed a violent act. 

The content of this post is presented for historical and socio-cultural purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Reese Waters for his podcast and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post.
-snip-
PANCOCOJAMS EDITOR'S NOTE
it's important to me to note that I don't support violence regardless of a person's race, ethnicity, nationality, or any other descriptor. 

****
SUMMARY AND AN EXCERPT FROM REESE WATERS PODCAST "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6vKw_UkRr4&t=606s July 15, 2024

Video summary:
"Donald Trump arrived on Sunday in Milwaukee, where he will be formally nominated as the Republican presidential candidate later this week after surviving an assassination attempt that has aggravated an already bitter U.S. political divide.

President Joe Biden, a Democrat, ordered a review of how a 20-year-old man with an AR-15-style rifle got close enough to shoot at Trump from a rooftop on Saturday. Trump, as a former president, has lifetime protection by the U.S. Secret Service.

But the reactions to the shooting have been as wild and disparate as reactions to Trump himself, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all."
-snip-
Reese Waters shared his reaction to the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump: (from .44 to 1:00; from the auto-generated transcript but with capitalizations and punctuations added)

"If you're like me you thought just one thing during the aftermath of Trump's Pennsylvania rally-
"Please don't let him be Black. Please, Lord do not let this be a Black person.  Please not this time, Lord, not a Black person. Please don't let him be Black. Amen."

****

SELECTED COMMENTS ON THIS SUBJECT FROM THAT VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD

[Total statistics as of July 16, 2024 at 11:28 AM;

total # of views - 38,220 total # of comments - 457]

These are all of the comments on this subject in that discussion thread as of 10:37 AM July 16, 2024. These  comments are given in relative chronological order based on their posting date and time, except for replies. I added numbers for referencing purposes only.

July 15, 2024

1. @lseven5212
"The very FIRST question out of my 80-year-old Mother's mouth, "Lawd...., was he Black"? The sigh of relief when I said he was not Black could only come from a woman born in Jim Crow Alabama."

**
Reply
2. @reesewaters
"I hear that, although I was pretty confident...."

**
Reply
3. @ahnraemenkhera7451
"YUP!!  Took waaaa-aaa-aaayy too long for them to say WHO he was! ...

**
Reply
4. @Thomas12793
"@reesewaters Facts, Reese. A brotha is not traveling to Butler, PA to do that"

**
Reply
5. @AljIsHere128
"I was confident it wasn't . The areas outside of Philly and suburban Philly is very southern and ."

**
6. 
@B.Nice777
"This was one time where most blacks came together on one accord and said…Lord please….."

**
7. @gaikokugo1
"It's always a disturbed young white guy with an AR...."

**
8.@kenmorgan316
"Please don't let him be black "

**
9. @kimpeterson95
"The shooter  being black never crossed my mind."

**
Reply
10. @user-pc7rv3rp1x
"Me neither, I thought maybe Ukrainian or pretty much anybody else besides a black person. You know a black person would not have gotten on that roof undetected with a rally full of bigots."

**
Reply
11. @williambell4576
"Never crossed my mind either, I say this out of respect, you can see, the illusion in some of our brothers and sisters mine."

**
Reply
12. @ladonna2u742
"Cause the po po woulda been following him any way️"
-snip-
"po po" = African American Vernacular English term for "police"

**
Reply
13. @TheMsHopelin
"Ditto!"

**
Reply
14. @colihon3552
"me neither"

**
Reply
15. @nialcc, July 16, 2024
"I never thought that one second either. I just didn't want him to be a Dem."

**
Reply
16. @allthatsheiz
" @nialcc RIGHT"

**
Reply
17. @YT4Me57
"I'm 69, and that was my first question too."

**
Reply
18. @nialcc
"I knew he wasn't black. Black folks don't use long guns. They couldn't get it from their car 2 feet before someone would have attacked them. What I was worried about was he a Democrat. When I learned he was Republican. I could go to sleep."

**
Reply
19. @victormuhammad1393
" @YT4Me57 why? Black people ain’t carrying no gun to a Trump rally"

**
20. @almaidajohn4594
"Please don't let him be black.." ** 21. @jaredwright8085
"If you had any kind of sense you knew he wasn't black"

**
22. @calebdavis381
"Didn't have to pray that he wasn't black. Black folks couldn't even get close to the steps of the Capitol during a protest. What makes you think that they were going to get close to a rooftop? Just like January 6th a white person was able to gain access to restricted areas and breach the last line of security before getting shot. It was a person who told the police that he was up there armed and they were  like he's probably a mega"

**
23. @mshindiwataji
Reese, why is there always a Trump ad before your video starts? Every single time. Prayers were answered, the man wasn't black. Thank You Jesus.

My empathy for Trump is non existant. For all the God fearing out there. Do not feel remorse if you do not have empathy for a malignant narcissist, they create and manipulate to try to make others remorseful or feel guilty for crimes offenses and sins they committ. Its called gaslighting. My prayers do go up for the innocent bystanders, however.

**
25. @tracyclark7560
"honest to God, first inclination, kneejerk prayer, "please don't let him be Black" however, he couldn't be, he wouldn't have gotten close enough to anything in Butler, from your stream your listeners said 237 Blacks, 13,000 Whites in Butler.  My uncle is 1 of them, I guess his son counts for 2 (if he's still there, might have moved away), anyhow I live next door county Beaver, and I knew after I said what the brother said which is what Bill Cosby used to say, nah chances this guy had to be a school shooter.  And then when I saw his arms and legs I said, too light to be a Mexican, I didn't want that to happen either, nor Asian. Whoosh, we were freed from implication."

**
26. trinadugger6573
""You know...I didnt think they were Black at all..just because its super suspicious right away. The ear..really ear???"

**
27. @antoniozarraga957
"  I was like the gentleman at the beginning of the video. I'm not going to lie.

Please Lord do not let be a Mexican or Native American person. Except I forgot to say Amen."

**
28. @raychel465
"0:59 i was saying that same thing"

**
29. @whiskyjames4200
"God answered your prayers, bro! 🇺🇲"

**
30. @doro626
"I never thought it would be a black person, i was thinking, don't let it be a Hispanic person, or a person with a Hispanic last name."

**
31. @christalbailey6158
"Please don’t let him be Black.” What a crucial prayer."

**
32. @jaredwright8085
"If you had any kind of sense you knew he wasn't black"

**
33.@iceypowellbalangue457
"That's exactly what I said "please do not let him be black""

**
34. 
@YT4Me57
"Please don't let the shooter be Black,  Lord." 

**
35. @Catherine-km2kf
"I
 was so cheered up by your, “ please don’t let him be black…” as an old white woman I wasn’t thinking that. Love your posts.

**
36. @MrWisdomseekr
"That "please don't let them be black" was said by me too." I remember as a kid when the older folks said the same thing when Kennedy was assassinated."

**
37.@Puzekat2
"I’m a white person and I was hoping that the person wasn’t but black but I knew person was a Republican."

****

July 16, 2024

38. @keliejsturg
"So so true, I immediately said, “Lord, please don’t let him be BLACK!!!!”  Then I said, THANK YOU JESUS that he wasn’t BLACK!!!!!!!!

**
39. @user-qo5rg1kf1s
That please don't let him be black hit different
" **** This concludes Part I of this pancocojams series. Thanks for visiting pancocojams. Visitor comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment