Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Regina Belle - "God Is Good" (2008 YouTube Gospel song & lyrics)


ReginaBelleVEVO, Oct 7, 2009

Music video by Regina Belle performing God Is Good. (C) 2008 Pendulum Records, LLC and Walker David Entertainment, Ltd.

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a YouTube video of the 2008 song "God Is Good" that was composed by Bernard Belle (RIP) and performed by his sister award winning Gospel singer Regina Bell.

Information about Regina Belle is included in this post along with the lyrics for this African American Gospel song.  

The content of this post is presented for historical, religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Bernard Belle, the composer of this song and thanks to Regina Belle for her music ministry. 

****
INFORMATION ABOUT REGINA BELLE
From 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regina_Belle
"
Regina Belle (born July 17, 1963)[1][3] is an American singer-songwriter who started her career in the mid-1980s. Known for her singles "Baby Come to Me" (1989) and "Make It Like It Was" (1990), Belle is most notable for two hit duets, both with Peabo Bryson: "Without You", the love theme from the comedy film Leonard Part 6, recorded in 1987; and "A Whole New World", the main theme of the Disney's animated feature film Aladdin, recorded in 1992, with which Belle and Bryson won a Grammy Award. The theme song "Far Longer than Forever" from the animated movie The Swan Princess, performed with Jeffrey Osborne, was nominated for a Golden Globe in 1995 for Best Original Song.[6]

Belle was born in Englewood, New Jersey."...

****
PANCOCOJAMS EDITOR'S NOTE
The call & response saying "God Is Good" / "All The Time" is particularly well known among African Americans. That saying most likely originated in the mid 20th century among African American Protestant congregations in the Southern region of the United States.

This pancocojams blog showcases three African American Gospel recordings with that title or with the title "God Is Good". The earliest African American recording that I have come across is "God Is Good All The Time" (1995) by Pastor Alvin Darling. Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/07/alvin-darling-celebration-god-is-good.html for a pancocojams post that showcases that song.

The second African American example of a Gospel song with those titles that I have come across is "God Is Good" (2000) by Chester D. T. Baldwin. 

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/07/chester-d-t-baldwin-god-is-good-2000.html for that pancocojams post.

The third African American example of a Gospel song with those titles is "God Is Good" (2008) by Regina Belle. 

A Gospel song entitled "God Is Good All The Time" was recorded in 1998 by (White American) Don Moen. Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q376chG2yDs for a YouTube video of that song.

****
LYRICS - GOD IS GOOD
(Composer - Bernard Belle)

I know that God-- my God
God Is Good----
Oh--- God--- my God
God Is Good----
You know he brought me out of darkness
God Is Good-----

You know that he saved--- my soul
God Is Good---
Said that he saved--- my soul
God Is Good----
I said that he saved--- my soul, and then he brought me out of darkness
God Is Good----

You know that he guides my every foot step
God Is Good----
I said he guides my every foot step
God Is Good----
You know that he guides my every foot step, then he saved--- my soul, and then he brought me out of darkness
God Is Good----

And then he put food on my table
God Is Good----
Said he put food on my table
God Is Good----
Said he put food on my table, then he put shoes on my feet, so he could guide my every foot step, Jesus saved---- my soul, and then he brought me out of darkness
God Is Good----

And then he made---- a way--
God Is Good----
Said he made--- a way
God Is Good----
I said that he made--- a way, then he put food--- on my table, then he put shoes--- on my feet, so he could guide my every foot step, Jesus saved--- my soul, and then he brought me out of darkness
God Is Good----

You know that he healed my every sickness
God is Good----
Said that he healed my every sickness
God Is Good----
I said that he healed my every sickness, with no money in my pocket, Jesus made a way out of no way, and then he brought me out of darkness
God Is Good----
God Is Good-----

Online Source:  
https://genius.com/Regina-belle-god-is-good-lyrics

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment