Translate

Saturday, July 6, 2024

Alvin Darling & Celebration - "God Is Good All The Time" (1995 African American Gospel sound file & lyrics)


Alvin Darling & Celebration - Topic, Jul 9, 2018

Provided to YouTube by Malaco Records

God Is Good All The Time · Alvin Darling & Celebration

℗ 1995 Savoy Records, Inc.

Released on: 1995-01-13

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a YouTube sound file of the 1995 record "God Is Good All The Time" by Alvin Darling & Celebration.

Information about Alvin Darling is also included in this post along with lyrics for this African American Gospel song.  

The content of this post is presented for historical, religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Alvin Darling & Celebration for composing and recording this Gospel song. Thanks to Malaco Records for providing this record to YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT ALVIN DARLING
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_Darling
"
Pastor Alvin A. Darling (born December 23, 1948) is an American gospel musician. He started his music career, in 1990, with the release of two albums by Savoy Records, I've Learned to Put My Trust in God and Expect a Miracle. His next album was released by I Am Records in 1992, Medley of Praise, and an album was released with GGI Records in 1994, Hold On...To The Promise. His next two albums, 1995's There's an Answer in Prayer and 1998's Blessing Coming Through for You, was released by Savoy Records. The next four albums, 2005's You Deserve My Worship, 2007's My Blessing Is on the Way, 2009's You Can Make It, and Waiting Right Here, was released by Emtro Gospel Records. He would get five of these album to chart upon the Billboard Gospel Albums chart, and two of them got placements on the Heatseekers Albums chart. His is a GMA Dove Awards and Stellar Awards nominated artist."...

****
PANCOCOJAMS EDITOR'S NOTE
The call & response saying "God Is Good" / "All The Time" is particularly well known among African Americans. That saying most likely originated in the mid 20th century among African American Protestant congregations in the Southern region of the United States.

This pancocojams blog showcases three African American Gospel recordings with that title or with the title "God Is Good". The earliest African American recording that I have come across is "God Is Good All The Time" (1995) by Pastor Alvin Darling.

The second African American example of a Gospel song with those titles that I have come across is "God Is Good" (2000) by Chester D. T. Baldwin. Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/07/chester-d-t-baldwin-god-is-good-2000.html for that pancocojams post.

The third African American example of a Gospel song with those titles is "God Is Good" (2008) by Regina Belle. 
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/07/regina-belle-god-is-good-youtube-gospel.html  for a pancocojams post that showcases that song.

A Gospel song entitled "God Is Good All The Time" was recorded in 1998 by (White American) Don Moen. Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q376chG2yDs for a YouTube video of that song. 

****

LYRICS - GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
(Composer- Alvin Darling)

God is good
(All the time)
God is good
(Yes, all the time)

Well, the Lord is good
(Yes, all the time)
Wwell, God is good
(All the time)

I said the Lord is good to me
(All the time)
If you trust Him, He'll be good to you
(Yes, all the time)

I said the Lord is good
(Yes, all the time)
Well, God is good
(All the time)

 
Well, I 
know I don't deserve all of His good
And I know I don't serve him just like i should
So many things are not like they should be
But I'm grateful that He keep being good to me


I said the Lord is good
(Yes, all the time)
Trust Him. He'll be good to you
(Yes, all the time)

My Father, He's good
(Yes, all the time)
My Lord God is good
(All the time)

 
We
ll, I went in the valley one day to pray
And my soul got happy and I stayed all day
Well, my hands got stuck to the gospel plow
And I wont take nothing for my journey right now.
Hey, if you don't believe I been redeem
Come on and follow me down to the Jordan stream
Well, I stepped in the water and the water was cold
It chilled my natural body but didn't harm my soul

The Lord is good to me
(All the time)
The Lord is good to me
(Yes, He is, yes all the time)

I said the Lord is good to me
(All the time)
i said the Lord is good to me
(All the time)
Thank you, Lord
(God is good all the time.)

He keeps making a way for me
(All the time)
He turns my midnight into day
(Yes, all the time)
He'll pick you up when your down , Yes He will)
(All the time)
God is good
(All the time)

-snip-
This is my transcription from that YouTube sound file, with the assistance of https://www.invubu.com/music/show/song/Alvin-Darling%7CCelebration/God-Is-Good-All-the-Time.html . 
Additions and corrections are welcome.

With regards to Pastor Alvin Darling's song, the verse in that song that begins with the line "Well, I went in the valley one day to pray" and ends with the line "It chilled my natural body but didn't harm my soul" is made up of several "floating verses" that are found in a number of African American Spirituals and other Gospel songs. 

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome


No comments:

Post a Comment