Translate

Monday, January 16, 2023

Sesame Street"s Inspirational Song "What I Am" (video, lyrics, and information)



Sesame Street, Sept. 13, 2010

Whether you are thoughtful, brave, or even grouchy like Oscar, celebrate all the things that make you special as Will.i.am sings "What I Am." -snip-
Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Vd2UHBbjA for a YouTube video of the lyrics to this song

Also, click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiR9KNVL6ZQ for a YouTube video of a group of children and muppets singing "What I Am" in Hebrew. 

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a 2010 YouTube video of the Sesame Street song "What I Am".

Information about that song is included in this post along with the lyrics to this song.

The content of this post is presented for inspirational and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners. 

Thanks to Chris Jackson and Bill Sherman for writing this song. Thanks also to Will I Am for performing it on Sesame Street and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. 

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SONG "WHAT I AM"
From
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/What_I_Am#:~:text=%22What%20I%20Am%22%20is%20a,Bert%2C%20The%20Count%20and%20Oscar.
"Written by Chris Jackson  and Bill Sherman

Publisher  - Sesame Street Inc. Easy Reader Music

First  Episode 4214

Written by Chris Jackson and Bill Sherman

First Episode 4214

"What I Am" is a Sesame Street hip-hop song performed by Will.i.am about pride.

Appearing in the song are Elmo, Zoe, Cookie Monster, Abby Cadabby, Grover (and Super Grover), Big Bird, Rosita, Ernie, Bert, The Count and Oscar.

The song won a 2011 Daytime Emmy Award in the "Outstanding Original Song - Children's and Animation" category.

Rechov Sumsum recorded their own version of the song, with vocals done primarily by kids. (YouTube) The song was re-recorded for the Sesame Workshop Resilience Initiative, "Little Children, Big Challenges", in 2012. (YouTube) The entire cast performed the song at the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Elmo, Ernie and Abby performed the song on the Sesame Street: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert."...
-snip-
Christopher Jackson is a Black American and Bill Sherman is a White American.
Click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Jackson_(actor)  for information about Christopher Jackson and click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Sherman  for information about Bill Sherman.

Also, click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am for information about Will. I. am. 

****
LYRICS - WHAT I AM

(Written by Chris Jackson and Bill Sherman)

Verse 1

If what I am is what's in me
Then I'll stay strong - that's who I'll be
and I will always be the best
"me" that I can be.
There's only one me, I am it
have a dream I'll follow it
It's up to me to try.

Chorus 1

Oh! I'm a keep my head up high
Keep on reaching high
Never gonna quit
I'll be getting stronger.
And nothing's gonna bring me down (no!)
Never gonna stop, gotta go.
Because I know
I'll keep getting stronger.

Bridge 1

And what I am is thoughtful
what I am is musical
what I am is smart
and what I am is brave
what I am is helpful
what I am is special
There's nothing I can't achieve.
Because in myself I believe in oh...

Chorus 2

Gonna keep our heads up high
Keep on reaching high
Never gonna quit
Just keep getting stronger.
And nothing's gonna bring us down (no!)
Never give it up, gotta go.
Because I know
I'll keep getting stronger.

Bridge 2

What I am is super
what I am is proud
what I am is friendly
what I am is grouchy
what you are is magical
what you are is special
There's nothing I can't achieve.
Because in myself I believe in oh...

Chorus 3

Gonna hold my head up high
Keep on reaching high
Never gonna stop
I'll be getting stronger.
Nothing's gonna bring me down (no!)
Never give it up gotta go, oh... yeah...
I'll keep getting strong--er.

Online source:  
https://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/cms/lib/GA01000549/Centricity/Domain/971/What_I_Am_Lyrics_by_Will_I_Am.pdf
 

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome


No comments:

Post a Comment