Translate

Monday, June 20, 2022

"A My Name Is" (Alphabet Game) Video & Comments



Joel Copeland, Dec. 17, 2013

In this excerpt, the students play the game, A my name is. Each student must think quickly to come up with four answers matching the letter of the alphabet given by the teacher. Students must sing their answers on a major 2nd and must work hard to stay in time. Australian Curriculum 10.1 - Use aural skills to respond to and analyse musical features and to shape and refine performances and compositions 10.2 - Rehearse, improvise and refine performances as they sing and play a range of repertoire with increasing technical and interpretive skill -snip-
In this version, keeping on beat, one person at a time complete a four part sentence with words that begin with the letter in the alphabet. The person who fails to complete the sentence, takes a seat and is out of the game.
For example, in this video the game begins with
"A my name is ___
My husband's name (or "my wife's name) is ___
We come from ____
With a basket full of ___. 
-snip-
Each of the blanks must be filled with an appropriate word that begins with that letter. No made up on the spot words are allowed.
 .
For instance, the "We come from" blank must be filled with the name of a geographic place (a city, state, nation, or continent) whose name begins with that letter.
-snip-
EDITOR'S NOTE: A commenter in that discussion thread asked "Could you say "friend" instead of "husband/wife"?. I believe that's a great suggestion that would bypass any issues about marriage and genders.

****
Edited by Azizi Powell 

This pancocojams post showcases a YouTube video and other examples of the alphabet knowlege game "A My Name Is".

Three comments from the discussion thread of that video are included in this post.  

The content of this post is presented for recreational and educational purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those who are featured in this video, and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post.

****
PANCOCOJAMS EDITOR'S NOTE
I remember playing "A my name is Alice" in Atlantic City, New Jersey in the 1950s. This game was played while bouncing a ball or while individually jumping rope.  

If you remember this game, please share information about your memories in the comment section below. Please include demographic information (when and where (city/state if in the USA, city/nation outside of the USA) and how you played it.
 
****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO
Pancocojams Editor's note: I'm surprised and glad that this discussion thread is still available since YouTube has disallowed discussion threads for nearly all children's videos since Feb. 28, 2019.

Partial responses to "A My Name Is" are found in that discussion thread along with these complete or almost complete responses. 

Numbers are added for referencing purposes only. The bold font are the words that the person gave.

1.angie, 2018
"A my name is Alice  my friends  name is Adam, we come from Alaska with a basket full of apples

B my name is Bethany my friends name  is Brittany we come from.....with a basket full of bats

C my name is Cindy my sister's name is Carly we come from California with a basket full of carrots

D my name is Dorothy my brothers name is David we come from... with a basket full of dogs

E my name is Emily my friends name is Ethan I moved from East Havana with a basket full of.......

Okay I'm skipping this letter like what name starts with F other than Fiana what about a country,state, or noun other than a person

G my name is Grace my friends name is Geo he moved from....... with a basket full of geo rocks? Does that work?

H my name is Harley my mom's name is Hannah we come from Havana with a basket full of half blue dogs ( as if I dyed half of a dogs fur blue)

I my name is Isabelle my brothers name is Isaac we come from ......with a basket full of iguanas

J my name is  Julie my dad's name is Jack we come from ...... with a basket full of Jack rabbits

K my name is Kathy my mom's name is Kelly we come from........with a basket full of kangaroos on

L my name is Lucia my  brothers name is Luke we come from london with a basket full of ......

M my name is Macy and my sister's name is Max we come from the monopoly game with a basket full of money

N my name is Nancy my brothers name is Nick we come from the Netherlands with a basket full of.......

O my name is Opal my friends name is Olivia she comes from..... with a basket full of....

P my name is Penny my mom's name is Penelopey we come from Pennsylvania with a basket full of pugs

Okay skipping q sorry

R my name is Ruby my .... name is...we come form Russia with a basket full of rubies

S my name is Susie my mum's name is Sylvia we come from ......with a basket full of stars

T my name is Tiffany my dad's name is Todd we come from.....with a basket full of tulips

...skipping sorry....

V my name is Valerie my bat's name is Vlad we come from.... with a basket full of.....

 This was hard but..W my name is Wally my......name is .... we come from.. with a basket full of wombats

Nope sorry..

Nope...

Z my name is Zani my friends name is Zack we come from....with a basket full of zippers

 

Yes that was bad but it took like 30 minutes out of  my life xD

****
2. 
Faith Gonia, 2019
"a my name is amy my husbands name is andy i come from austria with a basket full of apples

b my name is bertha my husbands name is bob i come from berlin with a basket full of books

c my name is carrie my husbands name is carl i come from california with a basket full of candy

d my name is donna my husbands name is dan i come from denmark with a basket full of donuts

e my name is eleanor my husbands name is eddy i come from eastern america with a basket full of elves

f my name is faith my husbands name is frank i come from frankfort with a basket full of fruit

g my name is gabriella my husbands name is gabe i come from georgia with a basket full of garlic

h my name is hellen my husbands name is harry i come from harrisburg with a basket full of homework

i my name is isabell my husbands name is ian I come from indiana with a basket full of ice cream

j my name is jenna my husbands name is jeff i come from japan with a basket full of jeans

k my name is kate my husbands name is kyle i come from kentucky with a basket full of kittens

l my name is lora my husbands name is lincoln i come from lancaster with a basket full of lava

m my name is mikaela my husbands name is mark I come from mali with a basket full of money

n my name is nedda my husbands name is nate i come from nebraska with a basket full of nachos

o my name is oprah my husbands name is oscar i come from oman with a basket full of opals

p my name is patricia my husbands name is peter i come from pensilvania with a basket full of puppies

q my name is quinn my husbands name is quinten i come from queens with a basket full of quilts

r my name is raina my husbands name is ron i come from rhode island with a basket full of rocks

s my name is serena my husbands name is sam i come from south america with a basket full of silverware

t my name is tauren my husbands name is thomas i come from toronto with a basket full of toys

u my name is ursula my husbands name is umberto i come from uganda with a basket full of ukuleles

v my name is veronica my husbands name is victor i come from venezuela with a basket for of vacuums

w my name is wendy my husbands name is Walter i come from washington with a basket full of water

x my name is ximena my husbands name is xander i come from xenia with a basket full of xylophones

y my name is yazmin my husbands name is york i come from yemen with a basket full of yolks

z my name is zhavia my husbands name is zander i come from zambia with a basket full of zombies

****

3. Michele Menechino, 2019
"A my name is Ally my husbands name is Austin we come from Australia with a basket full of apples

B my name Bethany my husbands name is Billy we come from Belgium with a basket full of bananas

C my name is Catherine my husbands name is Christopher we come from Canada with a basket full of chocolate

D my name is Delilah my husbands name is Dave we come from Denmark with a basket full of darts

E my name is Emily my husbands name is Ethan we come from Europe with a basket full of Eggs

F my name is Francesca my husbands name is Fred we come from Finland with a basket full of Frogs

G my name is Gianna my husbands name is George we come from Georgia with a basket full of Grapes

H my name is Hayley my husbands name is Howard we come from Holland with a basket full of Hats

I my name is Isabella my husbands name is Isaac we come from India with a basket full of Ice cream

J my name is Jaclyn my husbands name is James we come from Jamaica with a basket full of Jacks

K my name is Katherine my husbands name is Kaden we come from Korea with a basket full of Keys

L my name is Lauren my husbands name is Lucas we come from London with a Basket full of limes

M my name Martha my husbands name is Mike we come from Madagascar with a basket full of Marshmallows

N my name is Natalie my husbands name is Nathan we come from Nigeria with a basket full of Nuts

O my name is Opal my husbands name is Oscar we come from Ohio with a basket full of Oranges

P my name is Patricia my husbands name is Patrick we come from Peru with a basket full of pears

Q my name is Quinn my husbands name is Quan we come from Qena with a basket full of Quilts

R my name is Reina my husbands name is Robert we come from Russia with a basket full of Rocks

S my name is Samantha my husbands name is Sam we come from Sweden with a basket full of Socks

T my name is Talia my husbands name is Timothy we come from Thailand with a basket full of Toys

U my name is Ursula my husbands name is Ulfred we come from Ukraine with a basket full of Underwear

V my name is Violet my husbands name is Vinny we come from Venezuela with a basket full of Video games

W my name is Waldo my husbands name is William we come from Western Europe with a basket full of Waffles

X my name is Xandria my husbands name is Xavier we come from Xenia Ohio with a basket full of Xylophones

Y my name is Yolanda my husbands name is Yandel we come from Yemen with a basket full of Yo-yos

Z my name is Zelda my husbands name is Zack we come from Zimbabwe with a basket full of Zippers

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment