Translate

Friday, August 27, 2021

Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Childish Gambino, Oumou Sangaré – Mood 4 Eva (video & lyrics)


Beyoncé,  Jul 31, 2021

The Lion King: The Gift (Deluxe Edition) album featuring “MOOD 4 EVA” -snip- The lyrics written in capital letters are given in the summary to this video. -snip- Statistics as of August 17, 2021 at 12:49 PM total views- 8,323,406  total likes-377k
total dislikes-16k total # of comments- 25,810
**** Edited by Azizi Powell This pancocojams post showcases the 2019 song "Mood 4 Eva" from Beyoncé's The Lion King: The Gift (Deluxe Edition) album. The lyrics for this song are also presented in this post. The Addendum to this post presents an excerpt from a 2020 Elle magazine article about this song. The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes. All copyrights remain with their owners. Thanks to Beyonce and all those who are associated with this song and this video.   **** LYRICS: MOOD 4 EVA

"[Intro: Oumou Sangaré]

Aa! dennin! k'an bɛn sɔgɔma! Aa! dennin! k'an bɛn sɔgɔma!ц N jarabi, n makɔnɔ yan! dennin! miiri man ɲi! N jarabi, n makɔnɔ yan! dennin! nɛnɛ man ɲi! Nnn! nɛnɛ man ɲi!

[Verse 1: Beyoncé]

I know my enemy prey on me, so pray for me Tick, tick, wait on it I'm keepin' down my body count I'm finessin' like a trap bounce, a trap bounce, yeah 'Cause every day above ground is a blessing I done leveled up now, view panoramic None of my fears can't go where I'm headed Had to cut 'em loose, now I'm loose, break the levy, yeah I'm 'bout to flood on 'the roof, flood on the ceiling The rain and thunder gon' fall, go Mutumbo, no, no center You can't dim my light

[Pre-Chorus: Beyoncé] 'Cause when we walk up in the club I need them sirens goin' off Then we can look up in the sky The tears we cry let us know that we alive, yeah, yeah It give me goosebumps every time I threw up my diamond Together we big timin' Don't make me have to remind you

[Chorus: Beyoncé] I got my cup up to the heavens Another night I won't remember Promise this my mood forever Promise this my mood forever, ever Treasures dancin' on the bezel This kinda feelin' unforgettable Promise this my mood forever Promise this my mood forever

[Post-Chorus: Beyoncé & JAY-Z] Forever and ever You heard that? Forever and ever That's the sound of the price goin' up Hahahaha

[Verse 2: JAY-Z, Beyoncé, & Both] Forever, and ever-ever, and ever-ever (Yeah, yeah) At the Saxon Madiba suite (Yeah, yeah), like Mandela Bumpin' Fela on the Puma jet, like we from Lagos (My daughter) Mansa Musa reincarnated, we on our levels (He 'bout business) That's a billi', a thousand milli' (Ugh) First one to see a B out these housing buildings I be feelin' like Prince in '84 (Ow) Mike in '79, Biggie in '97 '94 Nas, Ali bomaye, no kumbaya Just give me the Sommelier (I got it), I'm on La Tâche Helmet, on a jetski, you know the vibes Hit my head, forget I'm me (I love it), oh my God Without the God in the XY (Yeah, yeah) I'm afraid the whole game would be colonized (Yeah, yeah) The marathon will be televised for N.I.P. (Aww yeah) 'Cause true kings don't die, we multiply, peace

[Verse 3: Beyoncé] I'm so unbothered, I'm so unbothered Y'all be so pressed while I'm raisin' daughters Sons of empires, y'all make me chuckle Stay in your struggle, crystal blue water Piña colada-in', you stay Ramada Inn My baby father, bloodline Rwanda Why would you try me? Why would you bother? I am Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter I am the Nala, sister of Naruba Osun, Queen Sheba, I am the mother Ankh on my gold chain, ice on my whole chain I be like soul food, I am a whole mood Hahaha

[Pre-Chorus: Beyoncé] When we walk up in the club I need them sirens goin' off Then we can look up to the sky The tears we cry let us know that we alive, yeah, yeah I give 'em goosebumps every time I threw up my diamond Together, we big timin' The children are our reminder

[Chorus: Beyoncé]

I got my cup up to the heavens Another night I won't remember Promise this my mood forever Promise this my mood forever and ever Treasures dancin' on the bezel This kinda feelin' unforgettable Promise this my mood forever Promise this my mood forever

[Post-Chorus: Beyoncé] Forever and ever Ever, forever Forever and ever Ever and ever and ever Time to break it down now

[Bridge: Childish Gambino]

All praise due My enemies still pressed Cannot lose 'Cause I've bet on myself I'm dancin' Ancestors in my step Now, I move Better, ooh And I live on, on I feel a change goin' on Royalty in my blood, run the kingdom The more money, more problem season But don't nothing get you out your way Rise up higher Jump, jump and don't look down You're so far from the ground Yeah, yeah-eh-eh-eh

[Chorus: Beyoncé]

I got my cup up to the heavens Another night I won't remember Promise this my mood forever Promise this my mood forever-ever Dancers dancin' on the bezel This kinda feelin' unforgettable Promise this my mood forever Promise this my mood forever Forever and ever"

Source: https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a33482147/beyonce-mood-4-eva-black-is-king-lyrics-explained/ -snip- The beginning of Beyonce's "Mood 4 Eva" features a clip of South African singer Soloman Lindo's song "Imbube". That song is most widely known as "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", "In The Jungle", or "Wimoweh". **** TRANSLATION OF MALI, WEST AFRICA SINGER OUMOU SANGARE'S 1989 SONG "DIARABY NENE" (from Bambara to English) From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Sid8WDOno&ab_channel=ChristyTraor%C3%A9 by Christy Traoré, Korotimi Haidara, and Garantibougou Community

" miiri man ɲi (thinking isn't good)

ah dennin! k'an bɛn sɔgɔma (ah baby! see you in the morning)

miiri man ɲi (don’t think too much)

ah dennin! an bɛn sɔgɔma, ala (ah baby! we’ll meet in the morning)

ah dennin! k'an bɛn sɔgɔma (ah baby! see you in the morning)

ah dennin! k'an bɛn sɔgɔma (ah baby! see you in the morning)"

**** ADDENDUM: ARTICLE EXCERPT: Beyoncé's 'Mood 4 Eva' Lyrics Are An Ode To Elegant Excess by Savannah Walsh, August 1, 2021 https://www.elle.com/culture/music/a33482147/beyonce-mood-4-eva-black-is-king-lyrics-explained/ "July 31 shall forever be the day Beyoncé gifted the world with her visual album Black Is King on Disney+. The 85-minute musical experience is filled with indelible pop culture moments, from unmatched fashion to Blue Ivy Carter's presence. But one of the best sequences may be Bey's "Mood 4 Eva," a colorful, larger than life salute to Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter and everything her family's fame represents.

Lyrics such as "I know my enemy prey on me, so pray for me" and "I be like soul food, I am a whole mood" are direct statements to those that disrupt the Beyhive. (Reveal yourselves!) Beyoncé's most major weapon for fending off negativity—herself. For who else could deliver the most powerful moment of their song by simply reciting the name on their drivers license? Then again, Bey bestows that power on us all, allowing four minutes and 33 seconds where we are BGKC. The song's Black Is King video provides the decadence promised in its lyrics. Jay-Z, who is featured on the song alongside Childish Gambino and Oumou Sangare, makes his sole appearance in the film.

Pulling up to a mansion and row of butlers in tracksuits, he assumes his proper place on the throne alongside his Queen. Every corner of the Carters' imagined home is luxurious. At the pool, you'll find a synchronized swimming routine. In the garden, Kelly Rowland and Tina Knowles-Lawson are holding court with a tea party. And down the halls, miniature Jay-Z and Bey's strut in leopard power suits. Lest we forget, the Carters' themselves pair champagne with their TV dinners."... **** Thanks for visiting pancocojams. Visitor comments are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. The lyrics "The rain and thunder gon' fall, go Mutumbo, no, no center
    You can't dim my light" in verse #1 of Beyonce's song "Mood 4 Eva" undoubtedly refers to former professional basketball player Dikembe Mutombo.

    Here's an excerpt from https://news.yahoo.com/ :
    "Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo[2] (born June 25, 1966) is a Congolese-American former professional basketball player. Mutombo played 18 seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Outside basketball, he has become well known for his humanitarian work.[3]

    The 7 ft 2 in (2.18 m), 260-pound (120 kg) center, who began his career with the Georgetown Hoyas, is commonly regarded as one of the greatest shot blockers and defensive players of all time, winning the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award four times; he was also an eight-time All-Star."..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a comment exchange about this portion of the Beyonce's song "Mood 4 Eva" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMuUFjxLQJU&ab_channel=Beyonc%C3%A9

    All of these comments are from August 2021.

    OHDΔGEE
    " "I be feeling like Prince in '84, Mike in '79, Biggie in '97, '94 Nas." He be feeling like all these kings when they released their best work, you get those references? Purple Rain, Off The Wall, Life After Death, Illmatic. Straight jewels from Hov!"

    **
    Reply

    Dulcemaría
    "Thank you for explaining it. It is straight jewels 💯!✨💙"

    **
    Reply

    Vinícius Valles Alves
    "Never realised Mike was supposed to be MJ. In my mind it was mike tyson"

    ReplyDelete