Translate

Saturday, February 27, 2021

(Cape Verdean Singers) Elida Almeida featuring Elji Beatzkilla) - "Homi Nha Amiga" (video, information , & The Song's English translation)



ElidaAlmeidaVEVO, Jun 7, 2019

.."Lyrics: Elida Almeida, Elji Beatzkilla Music: Elida Almeida Beatmaker: Bangz Ogou"...
-snip-

Statistics for this video as of Feb. 27, 2021 at 8:40  AM ET
Total number of views - 2,124,727
Total number of likes - 21K
Total number of dislikes - 938
Total number of comments - 487

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the official YouTube video "Homi Nha Amiga" by Cape Verdean Singer Elida Almeida featuring Cape Verdean Elji Beatzkella. 

This post presents an English translation of the Cape Verdean Creole lyrics.

This content is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owner.

Thanks to Elida Almeida and Elji Beatzkilla for their music. Thanks to the producer of this video and all those who are associated with this video. Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. Thanks also to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT CAPE VERDE
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Verde
"
Cape Verde …. or Cabo Verde…. is an archipelago and island country in the central Atlantic Ocean, consisting of ten volcanic islands with a combined land area of about 4,033 square kilometres (1,557 sq mi). These islands lie about 600 to 850 kilometres (320 to 460 nautical miles) west of Cap-Vert situated at the westernmost point of continental Africa. The Cape Verde islands form part of the Macaronesia ecoregion, along with the Azores, the Canary Islands, Madeira, and the Savage Isles.

[…]

In 1951, Cape Verde was incorporated as an overseas department of Portugal, but its inhabitants continued to campaign for independence, which they achieved in 1975.

Since the early 1990s, Cape Verde has been a stable representative democracy, and has remained one of the most developed and democratic countries in Africa. Lacking natural resources, its developing economy is mostly service-oriented, with a growing focus on tourism and foreign investment. Its population of around 550,000 (as of mid 2019) is mostly of mixed African and European heritage, and predominantly Roman Catholic, reflecting the legacy of Portuguese rule. A sizable Cape Verdean diaspora community exists across the world, considerably outnumbering inhabitants on the islands. Cape Verde is a member state of the African Union.

[…]

Languages

Cape Verde's official language is Portuguese.[1] It is the language of instruction and government. It is also used in newspapers, television, and radio.

Cape Verdean Creole is used colloquially and is the mother tongue of virtually all Cape Verdeans. The national constitution calls for measures to give it parity with Portuguese.[1] Cape Verdean Creole or Kriolu is a dialect continuum of a Portuguese-based creole. There is a substantial body of literature in Creole, especially in the Santiago Creole and the São Vicente Creole. Creole has been gaining prestige since the nation's independence from Portugal.”…

****
INFORMATION ABOUT ELIDA ALMEIDA
From 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elida_Almeida
"Elida Almeida (born 1993) is a Cape Verdean singer.

Biography

Elida Almeida at Rudolstadt-Festival 2018

Elida was born in Pedra Badejo in the east of Santiago Island. She spent her childhood years with some difficulty, in the mountains of Santiago. At 17, she sang at church, she listened to the radio, she said on that she grew up on a place without electricity or necessities. She worked on radio commentaries, especially with DJs and presenters. She started writing her album Nta Konsiqui[1]

She later presented at local concerts and sang at bars in Cape Verde where she started her career. The producer José da Silva, a resident of France with Cape Verdean origins, which previously worked with Cesária Évora, was interested in her career, her style is very different from the most famous Cape Verdean morna-coladeira singer, more influenced by funaná, batuque, rhythms created by deserted slaves decades ago, but has a different similarity for the expression.[1]”…

****
LYRICS- HOMI NHA  AMIGA  (A FRIEND'S MAN)

(English translation of the Cape Verdean yrics given in this video's summary)

She took you to my house, you stepped on my floor
You ate at my table
She told you that we are like sisters
That we've known each other since we were kids
So how dare you even try

And how come you haven't noticed?

Then you come tell me that it's me who you want
That you'll leave her
That you don't need her anymore
Because you want to be with me

 For me

A friend's man is a woman1
A friend's man is a woman
A friend's man is a woman
A friend's man is a woman

Damn... I'll have to tell her

Girl, sit down for a sec, there's something I need to tell you
I don't want to bring distress into your home
But take this as a friend's advice
That guy you're dating is not worth a penny

He texts me everywhere
On Facebook, on Instagram and even on Whatsapp
I've told him a million times
"Dude, seriously, stop bothering me"
"I was not raised like this"

For me
A friend's man is a woman
A friend's man is a woman
A friend's man is a woman
A friend's man is a woman

Yeah, alright...

That's right!

I'm getting tired of this
I came with you
Listen...

[Elji Beatzkilla]

Aight, I'm getting tired of this
I know I didn't think straight
When I told you what I had in mind
In my heart I had found a new girl
But I see you want to put me in trouble
Yeah, I've checked your game
Anyways, my girlfriend is down for whatever I'm down
I'm kinda single, so what wrong with that?
Now imagine us both (me and you)
Elida Beatzkilla (me and you)
Forget about your friend (that is with you)
I wanna know (what love is)
I'm awesome, you have to be mine
I sent you tons of messages, text me back!
I'm the bad type, we're all the same
Inside each one of us there's a beast


Helelele....

It's just a song, don't be mad
Me, mad?! (Don't take it seriously)
Nah, that doesn't bother me at all
This is Raçamau and baby Elida
Beatzkilla!
You know I love you!


1.meaning "he is off-limits, I would never have an affair with him, etc.
Submitted by ulissescoroaulissescoroa on Sun, 16/06/2019 
Last edited by ulissescoroaulissescoroa on Wed, 21/10/2020 

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/homi-nha-amiga-friends-man.html

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment