Translate

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Video Of A 1971 James Brown R&B Performance In taly (with selected comments)1971

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcase a YouTube video of a 1971 R&B performance of James Brown in Italy.

Selected comments from this video's discussion thread are also included in this post.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to James Brown for his musical legacy and thanks to the musical contribution of all members of James Brown's band. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: James Brown Italy 1971



wasaexpress, May 26, 2013

Sex Machine, It's a mans World and Soul Power. What a show !

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD
(with numbers added for referencing purposes only)
1. Gino Gizio d'ignazio, 2013
"I remember that night, I think I was seven or so years old, and that strange guy jumping in the Tv's box really attracted my attention. My mother used to listen a lot of soul music, with that little disk player she had, while I was playing somewhere in a corner of the living room. I think born in the 60's and grew up in 70's has been for me the best time to live in my life. What a great guy Mr Dynamite was."

**
2. David Williams, 2013
"James B voice does not get spoken about that often, apart from his trademark scream, but in fact that man can sang."

**
3. picardbs, 2014
"This was a saturday night show called "Teatro 10" and I perfectly remember that night and this stunning performance. I was a kid, had never heard of James Brown before and this was a real kick in the arse! The morning after all the kids in my street wanted to be James Brown! :-)"

**
4. dumptonpark, 2014
"Love the soul sister doing the dance"

**
5. Randy JustRandy, 2014
"I'm madly and instantly in love with the go-go dancer! Awesome!"

**
REPLY
6. nola305, 2018
"Anne Norman!"

**
7. Althea Moses, 2014
"That's the funkiest R&B soul performance I've ever seen! James Brown was an amazing artist & dancer - his outfit & chiseled body was too. His band was impressive- horn players were partying while playing. I enjoyed hearing JB sing "It's A Man's World!" Mr. Brown, thanks for your incredible musical work & this performance. RIP"

**
8. Alicia Robinson, 2014
"THE one and ONLY BOOTSIE COLLINS as a young man on bass..."

**
REPLY
9. Steambull1, 2019
"Apparently Bobby Byrd hired Bootsy and Catfish Collins' band on the spot without an audition about 2 years before this."

**
REPLY
10. lowermiddleclassy, 2017
"I love the dance him and his brother are doing!"

**
REPLY
11. James Graham, 2019
"His older brother Phelps on guitar as well."

**
12. Rodimus Prime, 2018
"if anyone wonders where michael jackson,prince etc got their moves from,well here you have it. james was the man!"

**
REPLY
13. Robert Horton, 2019
"Also they stole from break dancing kids new York and Africans crazy legs dance jb stole too"

**
14. Postem Up, 2019
.... I love the dance the lady backup dancer is doing!"

**
15. Spencer Watts, 2020
"A young William "Bootsy" Collins is seen prominently in this performance."

**
REPLY
16. Greg Rambo, 2020
"Bobby Byrd, Fred Wesley, St.Clair Pickney, Catfish Collins. What a lineup! I feel sorry for these kids today and am happy to have grown up in the 70's as a kid to see people like Brown."

**
17. Eric Thompson, 2020
"Bootsy Collins and his brother catfish on guitars"

**
REPLY
18. Scott Baxendale, 2020
"Eric Thompson Yeah, and Bootsy’s fro’ is killing it along with their steps!"

**
19. Robert Dark, 2020
"At 13 I made up my mind to see James in Seattle. Nobody would go with me, too scared. I'm a skinny white boy with horn-rimmed glasses and a trenchcoat. I got in and the pimp-mobiles roll up with dozens of guys who look like Big Boy Pete, three luscious babes on each arm. Suddenly, I have two big black guys pushing me around hassling, asking WTF you doing hear cracker. I said: " I want to see James!" It got worse. All of a sudden, I had six even bigger guys surrounding me like armed guards, standing the bullies off saying: " Leave the boy alone, he's come to see James!" They watched over me all night. They made sure I had the best seat and it was a great show. This was 1962 or '63. I thought James in the sixties was better than James in the seventies, but whatever. Please, Please, Please was the greatest!! Wicked, wicked COOL!!"

**
REPLY
20. David Simms, 2020
"I am glad those brothers looked after you , no one should have bothered you in the first place."

**
21. warichards1, 2020
"Robert Dark You are correct — The Godfather of Soul did his best signature work in the 1960s — (though his 70s stuff is nothing to sneeze at)— his Live at the Apollo albums are legendary!! ✊🏾🎀🎺🎷πŸ₯"

**
22. Cozy Cool, 2020
"To bad that back in those days at least 50 million American whites didn't appreciate this kind of great music like the 1950's million Italians there or the 50 million British did !!"

**
REPLY
23. Bubba B, 2020
"armed forces radio blasting out from the military posts helped expose many to black music"

**
REPLY
24. Glenn Hecker, 2020
"@Lord Byron Not all of us! Many of us realized that racism was (and IS) a F**KED UP idea."
-snip-
This is how this comment appeared in this discussion thread.

**
25. Glenn Hecker, 2020
"Bootsy & Catfish Collins, etc. -- this lineup (the JB's) was LETHAL! Absolutely EXPLOSIVE. THIS is how it's done... so powerful."

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment