Translate

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Comments About The History Of House Music From The Discussion Thread For JFK PIRKS' "Oldschool Chicago Deep House mix 1984-1990"

Edited by Azizi Powell

Latest Revision: May 17, 2019 1:40 AM

This pancocojams series showcases the 2015 YouTube sound file entitled "Oldschool Chicago Deep House mix 1984-1990 HOUSE NATION" that was mixed by JFK PIRKS.

This post also documents selected comments from that sound file's discussion thread.

The content of this post is presented for historical, cultural, linguistics, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to JFK PIRKS for producing this old school Chicago House mix and publishing it on YouTube. Thanks to all those who are featured in this mix and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post.

****
SHOWCASE SOUND FILE: Oldschool Chicago Deep House mix 1984-1990 HOUSE NATION



JFK MUSIC [House Nation], Published on Feb 3, 2015

Classic Deep House tunes from Chicago 1984-1990. Tracks that defined the genre as we know it today. Enjoy!
Also check out Chicago Acid House mix here: http://youtu.be/BDnl5PMY6gg

Mixed by: JFK PIRKS

[...]

Tracklist:
01 Mixmasters feat. MC Action - In The Mix (Instrumental) [DJ International Records, 1990]
02 Farley Jackmaster Funk - Jack'n The House [Trax Records, 1985]
03 Jamie Principle & Frankie Knuckles - Baby Wants To Ride [Trax, 1987]
04 LNR - Work It To The Bone [House Jam Records, 1987]
05 Fred Brown - House Whop [Rockin' House, 1987]
06 Tyree - Acid Over (Piano Mix) [Underground, 1987]
07 Screamin' Rachael & Marshall Jefferson - Rock Me [Westbrook Records, 1990]
08 Risque III - Essence Of A Dream [Stride Records, Inc., 1987]
09 M. E. - Ride [Trax, 1989]
10 James "Jack Rabbit" feat. Pam White - Let Us Have Love (Step By Step) (Club Mix) [Housetime Records, 1989]
11 Z-Factor feat. Jesse Saunders - Fantasy (Vocal) [Mitchball Records, 1984]
12 Jamie Principle & Frankie Knuckles - It's A Cold World [Trax, 1987]
13 Adonis - Lost In The Sound (Lost Mix) [Jack Trax, 1988]
-snip-
Statistics: May 12, 2019 8:23 AM
total number of views - 690,034
total number of likes - 8,300
total number of dislikes - 312
total number of comments -630

****
PANCOCOJAMS EDITOR'S NOTE
This post is part of an ongoing pancocojams series on House music. Click the House music tag for other pancocojams posts on this music genre.

I wasn't acquainted with House music until very recently - or more accurately, I didn't know that certain music that I knew and liked were examples of House music. I'm learning about House music as I listen online to the music that I showcase on this blog and other records and as I read their YouTube discussion threads.

The posts in this series aren't given in any chronological order. The posts and their order of publication in this blog simply reflect what subjects and/or what records and/or which types of House music I chose to experience, learn about, and share in this blog at that time.
Like many posts in this blog, this pancocojams post includes selected comments from the discussion thread of the showcased YouTube example.

I include selected comments from YouTube discussion threads in many pancocojams posts because I consider those comments to be folkloric material that is as worthy of preservation, documentation, sharing, and studying as the videos that I showcase. These comment threads document the opinions, remembrances, perspectives, and attitudes of some of the people participating in those discussion threads.

In addition to the information about House music and memories of that music, I'm also interested in commenters' use of African American Vernacular English terms such as "represent" ("reppin"), [give a] "shout out to", and "stand up". And in these House music discussion threads I'm particularly interested in the use of terms such as "house nation", "in the house" ("in da house" / "in the building"), "househeads", "I'll house you", and "house your body".

DEFINITIONS:
"House nation" - a statement used to indicate your affiliation with House music. According to a commenter in the YouTube discussion thread for Housemaster Boyz's 1987 record "House Nation", "househeads" ould call this out to let other people know that they were a member of House [music] nation rather than a member of a particular gang's nation. Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2019/05/housemaster-boyz-house-nation-with.html for a pancocojams post about that now classic record.

**
"in the house"
There are two meanings for the African American Vernacular phrase "in the house":
1. "in the house" is a phrase that is used to boastfully announce a person's arrival (or a group of people's arrival) on a scene- whether that "scene" is at a (night) club, at a party, in the recording music industry, or anywhere the real "hip" action is

This appears to be the earliest use for the vernacular meaning of "in the house" (1987- Heavy D & The Boyz - "The Overweight Lovers In The House" [Hip Hop record] and 1989 - THE BEATMASTERS with MERLIN. "Who's in the House" (House record).

2. "___ [is] in the house" ("in the building") is an African American originated phrase that is a "hip" way of responding to the question "Who's here from ____?" or responding to a command for people to "rep" ("represent"; "stand up for") where they are from or what group they are affiliated with.

The standard English meanings for the vernacular phrase "in the house" are the roll call responses “Here” or “Present”.

I believe that the second way that "in the house" is used is the one that is most often found in discussion threads for certain YouTube music videos.

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2019/05/in-house-vernacular-phrase-meaning.html for more information about the vernacular meaning of "in the house".
**
"Househead" is an ardent follower of House music and/or a performer of House music/dance.

**
"I'll house you" - I'll have a romantic relationship with you and we'll live together (in the same house).
Or, "I'll house you" means the same thing as "house your body" = have sex with someone.

These sayings were coined or popularized by the 1988 now classic House record "I'll House You" by the Jungle Brothers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGhQSiGHWM.

****
I read A Lot of the comments in this discussion thread (as of May 12, 2019 8:35 AM). I believe that the comments that I chose for these pancocojams compilations are representative of those entire discussion threads.

I realize that other people may not have chosen the same comments for inclusion in these compilations that I have.
-snip-
Because pancocojams is a family friendly blog, comments that include profanity and/or forms of the "n word" (even if they aren't meant to be pejorative) are given with amended spelling.

These comments are given in relative chronological order with the oldest comments given first, except for replies. Numbers are added for referencing purposes only. I've added a few explanatory notes after some of these comments.

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD
1. Tommie Wade, 2015
"now this is wuz up , it all seems like yesterday ๐Ÿ˜Ž"

**
REPLY
2. Laila Ah, 2015
"+Tommie Wade time to get out the patent leather shoes"

**
REPLY
3. Trey Smith, 2015
"+Laila Ah ikr!"

**
REPLY
4. nallly, 2017
"That's sooo "special", Tommie..."

**
5. Fly Agaric, 2015
"and you may ask yourself - how did i get here!"

**
REPLY
6. Ynse Schaap, 2015
"+Fly Agaric The power of YouTube"

**
REPLY
7. John Hackett, 2018
"Just switched on my phone and followed a link, simple"

**
REPLY
8. Timothy Marable, 2018
"YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!! HOUSE MUSIC ALLNIGHTLONG!!!!"

**
REPLY
9, Ian Norton, 2019
"Only once in my lifetime did I ask myself that."

**
10. DK1LLA, 2016
"this sounds insaneee!
so i take it this type of music started in chicago?"

**
REPLY
11. Noe Torralva, 2016
"born and breed, from there you got your Detroit and ny styled house music, just as good stuff!"

**
REPLY
12. scroez cvk, 2016
"+Just Me. Do you Remember when Radio 1 & the BBC banned Acid House after the sh&t* storm by the Sun etc.

I used to tape early House tunes from Chicago, that where played by a local DJ on commerical Radio around 86/7 Then I used to Have Tapes that my uncle recorded for me from Acid Trax complications That he used to buy from somewhere.

Then I used to get cassettes of recordings from Stations like fantasy FM from London.

After I left school & begun working in 88/89-1990's I used to buy vinyl in London as a collector (I wasn't a DJ, just a Graff artist), my flat mate used to have 1210's so DJ'd. I went on to sell all my vinylafter to my mate, Had some classic/whitelabels etc, though I'm still mates with my flat mate so know the tunes are safe.

Was a Top time back then esp raving, Though I begun going to raves again a few years back, to get out... ( I'm not a drinker or like pubs/pissed people etc)...to one monthly all nighter, thats just like the first raves I went to, pure underground &Top people/no egos, Mix of old skool and younger heads etc, in a grimey old bank vault.
I'm gutted that i've come down with a form of arthritis thats worsened, Which makes it harder to go raving esp in the last few years."
-snip-
*This word is fully spelled out in this comment.

**
REPLY
13. Elysian Dreams, 2016
"DK1LLA Yes sir it sure DID begin all in Chi-town & I grew up right in the thick of it living in Chicagoland & spending much time dancing til I collaspsed! Gosh!! The insanely awesome memories that flood the brain when we hear music! I've heard & read many articles where EDM artists have given massive sole credit to Chicago house music because if it weren't for Chicago house music, EDM (Electronic Dance Music) would of never been created!! So in essence Chicago house music became the building blocks for EDM. LOVE this jam!"

**
REPLY
14. bluebull399, 2016
"People say Chicago started the sound but the UK cherry picked and imported records to create the acid house sound, rave music. The whole of the UK was behind acid house music by 1988. It was in the media, on TV, on the radio, it was everywhere and I remember wishing I was older so that I could go to a rave. The USA has always been different to us in that they tend to support deep / vocal house whereas in the UK we are more acid / techno based house. It's always been this way, even today."

**
15. Elysian Dreams, 2016
"@bluebull399 Look, I was talking SPECIFICALLY & ONLY about HOUSE music's true origins. I made no reference to rave music/EDM's origins. But you don't have to take my word for it. For example: music.hyperreal.org"

**
REPLY
16. Elysian Dreams, 2016
"@bluebull399 I think it's very cool the UK created acid house & rave music. But again I was only referring to true origins of house. And I hear you on wanting to be old enough to go to a rave! I've been to some myself & they were quite experience!"

**
REPLY
17. William Payton, 2016
"+Noe Torralva Let's set the record straight. Frankie Knuckles was taught how to play the Roland by none other than "Derrick May" from the Detroit Techno scene. Frankie was interested in what Detroit was doing because at the time Chicago only had dance/electro and the ever fading disco scene. Both cities were influenced by groups like kraftwerk. Detroit developed it's own style going the techno route and Chicago dj's like knuckles took what they learned from Derrick May and Juan Atkins and started House music. Any deep research will reveal a almost simultaneous beginning of both genres with a mutual respect between them but the edge given to Techno.
In 1981 long before House Music came about, "Alleys of Your Mind" dropped. That same year, the electrifying mojo in Detroit played planet rock. It was a radio debut instead of vinyl release. That didn't come until 82. Then came "Cosmic Cars" b/w "The Line" (1982)", Clear" b/w "Industrial Lies" (1983). All of this long before house music. Knuckles, mazelle and the rest didn't come about until 84-85.....By then Detroit Techno had already spread worldwide and specifically in Europe. By definition, House music is locally created by local DJ's "IN HOUSE". And that music was created on drum machines, synthesizers and processors. So credit Derrick May and Juan Atkins for teaching your Chicago house pioneers how to create music. Without the Detroit scene, Chicago would still be stuck wearing 40 inch collars, 12 inch bell bottoms, afros and stacy adams listening to Gloria Gaynor "I will survive........................LOL"

**
REPLY
18. William Payton, 2016
"+Lale P. Pure lies....... Not a single house track was produced when Kraftwerk was already on the scene. Hell, "alleys of your mind predates any house music known to man. House music didn't become popular until 84-85. Techno music was already spreading worldwide. Even one of your own pioneers (Knuckles) was taught by Derrick May and even sold his first drum machine. So you either need to ask somebody who was there, or do a little research. Electro birthed techno which birthed house which birth acid house.......In that order with no bs added. Your welcome Chicago, Signed: Detroit
-snip-
Lale P is another name for the commenter writing as "Elysian Dreams".

**
REPLY
19. Elysian Dreams, 2016
"@William Payton Wow, I dunno why your so sore & taking this all so personally but I "WAS THERE" as I lived in those times. FYI: there is a plethora of resources to research the facts online, as I already stated a few above if you read what I already quoted as documented proof. Take your beef with the ones who are posting the truth, not me. All I know is what I petsonally witnessed during that time, having lived in Chicagoland & that it was always a well-known fact Chi-town birthed house music. I hope & pray you find some peace in your life as there are way more urgent things going on right now in the U.S. & really, the rest of the world, to be more concerned with than this."

**
REPLY
20. William Payton, 2016
"@Lale P.
Personal?? LMAO..... Nobody disputed the fact that Chicago birthed house music. Not at all. But you can't ignore where the genre got it's influence from. And that my friend is Techno/Electro Dance. All you had to do was google "Derrick May sold Frankie Knuckles a drum machine and taught him how to play."

I have nothing but love for Chi-town. Family lives on Michigan Ave. So I was there as well. House music was no where to be seen or heard when Techno came out. You can't name one house record prior to 1982. It's not an argument, just facts. You could simply read Knuckles biography and even he says he was influenced and taught my Derrick May and Juan Atkins IE: The Bellville Three. But I shall digress my brother/sister.

Be blessed."

**
REPLY
21. Elysian Dreams, 2016
"@William Payton Yes, I said what I said because if you look at how you came at me in your very first line of your paragraph you tell me "Pure lies...not a single house track was produced when Kraftwerk was already on the scene". Which, by the way, I am completely LOST on as to WHY you attacked me as a liar on as I never once referred to Kraftwerk in ANY of my of prior comments above. You then refer to when house became popular, who taught Frankie Knuckles, techno. The ONLY prior comments I made were specifically on 1.) WHO started up house music & 2.) house music being respobsible for the building blocks of EDM, not ANY mention of what your calling me a liar on. Look, I'm glad your not disputing on Chi-town being the O.G. of house. But I'm not sure WHY you called me a liar as I wasn't referring to ANY of the stuff you stated above. Look, I got mad respect for ALL types of dance, cultural (a.k.a world music), rock, etc. no matter who started it. ALL I ever referred to was just those 2 topics I just listed above here. Looks like we got love for house music in common so let's just leave it at that being a good thing we share respect & love for. Love, peace & blessings to you & all other music lovers. Music heals. "

**
22. Elysian Dreams, 2016
"@William Payton BTW, as far as the issue as to WHO it was that was making EDM that gave credit specifically, that was from many other sources, NOT a statement I made. For example this paragraph from the source stated below: History of EDM

The history of EDM dates back to the 1960s when artists from Jamaica tried a new form of dance music by overlapping many instrumental tracks on reel-to-reel tape players to create a new version of a song. In this process, the player is connected to an amplifier with a microphone and then the music is played on it. This was enjoyed in nightclubs and bars and gradually spread to other countries and became the much preferred music of every party. This form of music, called dub because of the dubbing over of tracks, is adored in the UK and many other countries. It was just the start of the evolution of modern dance music. Many genres of EDM emerged have emerged from this movement.
Another form of a similar kind of dance music known as House music is believed to have originated in Chicago. In the late 1970s, a musician by the name Frankie Knuckles was playing the club circuit. He tried mixing various genres on the mixer and tried to reconstruct the sounds by altering the tempos and adding percussion to it. As there were not many dance music tracks available in that age, Frankie used R&B records to create new tracks. The the results of this came to be known as House Music.
SOURCE:electronicdancemusic.com"

**
23. Black Soul2, 2017
"Brother House music was created in Chicago in the year 1977 not just by Frankie Knuckles of the famous Warehouse club alone but there were several other Dj's in Chicago that pioneered the sound that history barely talk about. the 1st Dj who originally created the name and technique for producing House music was Leonard 'Remix' RRoy. the 2nd Dj who helped developed Chicago House music was Ron Hardy which he and Leonard Roy both use to take 1970's disco and Italo disco tracks record them on a reel to reel multi-track recorder and edited them down into loops where they then added a drum machine to these looped edits which end results were a new underground type of dance music that many dj's today refer to as disco house. then there was Jesse Sanders who was an accomplished dj/musician. he took House music to another level by taking it from edited loops & electronic drum beat patterns to full electronic arrangements...

We can say that Jesse gave Chicago House music it's own sound. then we have to give a honorable mention to one of the greatest dj teams on the planet to ever grace the wheels of steel the Hot Mix 5 who single handedly were responsible for kick starting the Chicago House music craze that eventually took the world by storm. then you add Larry Heard, Armando Gallop, Mike Dunn, Steve 'Silk' Hurley, dj Pierre, dj Spanky, dj Marshall Jefferson etc etc... to the bunch and you will have the original godfathers of House music. none of these dj's I've just mentioned were ever taught how to use a synth or drum machine by brother Derrick May. these Chicago dj's/producers taught themselves. as a matter of fact Derrick May & Kevin 'Master Reese' Saunderson both have stated on many occasions that they tried to pattern their Techno music behind the Chicago masters I've just mentioned.

Not to downplay the city of Detroit's contribution to dance music because that city with Chicago are both responsible for the electronic music movement of today. but I am trying to put the history of Chicago House music & Detroit Techno in it's proper perspective! I can speak on these facts because I was there in the beginning of this dance movement and I have met personally and spun records side by side with dj Farley 'Jack Master' Funk, Ralphi Rosario, Bad Boy Bill all the way to dj Juan Atkins. so you're very right when you stated that Derrick May gave Frankie Knuckles his first drum machine. but truth be told Frankie Knuckles was not a lone gun in the development of Chicago House music."

**
REPLY
24. Black Soul2, 2017
"House music is a Chicago phenomena that was partially influenced by NYC Paradise Garage Disco. back in 1977 a very experient dj named Frankie Knuckles migrated to the city of Chicago Ill and took and converted an old Chicago 3 story factory warehouse into a dance club where this dj became known in Chicago's dance club scene for spinning very eclectic disco music. but Frankie Knuckles wasn't the only disco dj in the city of Chicago who was bumping very eclectic dance music. the other dj's was Ron Hardy at the Music Box, Leonard 'Remix' RRoy at the Basement club, Jesse Sanders & Farley 'Funkin' Kieth at the Playground and the Hot Mix 5 who were very instrumental in the early development of Chicago House music.

But I must say that Chicago House music would never had come into existence if it not had been for a Chicago rock radio disc jockey who in 1979 hated disco with a passion that he went and gathered thousands of disco records and placed them in a pile in Comiskey Park ( disco demolition night ) and blew them all up to pieces. this hostile act towards disco music caused a major backlash that vibrated all across the globe where major radio stations that were once disco friendly became very hostile and called for the death of mother disco.

Even the birthplace of disco NYC started to play disco less and less. only dj's like Larry Levan & Tony Humphreys stayed loyal to mother disco. but in the city of Chicago the dj's there refused to abandoned disco so they took it underground and after a few years it reinvented it's self into what today is called House music. Rock & Hip Hop have both just about died off but House music is still standing even under the shadow of EDM...."

**
REPLY
25. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"I'd be interested to know where Hardy and Roy were originally from, as Frankie Knuckles was from New York and Larry Levan was doing this same thing around the same time as the club Paradise Garage opened in the late 70s ....right now, from what I'm seeing, I believe that both New York and Chicago were doing the same thing with house music about the same time, but it was Chicago that officially put house music on the map for the world to hear ....make no mistake though, even with that NY city stations like 107.5 WBLS was playing this music on air the same time WBMX was...."

**
REPLY
26. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"Wasn't Frankie Knuckles originally from New York? That would explain why both cities were playing house music (and a lot of deep house) on the airwaves and in the clubs in NY and Northern NJ back in the early 1980s....but thanks for the historical rundown....I'd be interested to know where some of these pioneer DJs are from....the reason I'm saying all of this is because I used to listen to house music all the time when living in the New York area because they played house music all the time on 107.5 WBLS NY and when I went to the clubs in New York and Northern Jersey they were playing house music and this was all back in the early 80s, but clubs like Paradise Garage in NY had been doing this sooner as that club opened in the late 70s...."

**
REPLY
27. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"Very interesting, BlackSoul2, I didn't know that that disco backlash was in Chicago...that would explain why Chicago would have been a birth place for house music....."

**
REPLY
28. Black Soul2, 2017
"Yes this is true and ironically NYC's WBLS & Chicago's WBMX both clashed in the summer of 1984 for which city would hold the #1 spot for dance music world supremacy Chicago surprisingly won that battle between the two which put 102.7 WBMX Hot Mix 5 dj team on world notice and eventually busted the doors wide open for Chicago house music to takeover the clubs and airwaves of NYC, Detroit, NJ, LA, San Fran, Philly, London, Germany, Italy, France etc etc..."

**
REPLY
29. Black Soul2, 2017
"Frankie is from the Bronx Ron Hardy, is from the south side of Chicago, Lenard Roy is from the south side of Chicago, Farley Jack Master is from the south side of Chicago which to make a long story short all of the original pioneers of the House music movement hail from NYC, Chicago and NJ... and the first 4 cities that bumped house music on the airwaves was Chicago, Detroit, Newark and NYC."

**
REPLY
30. Black Soul2, 2017
"Yes this is a well known true story of what ignited the global house music explosion."

**
REPLY
31. Black Soul2, 2017
"In the U.S. we were more Acid House & Techno based here because those two sounds were created and originated in the cities of Chicago & Detroit USA. it was the record industry here in the United States that purposely suppressed these two forms of black American dance music from being heard on a commercial level. hell the record industry in America didn't even want regular house music to be heard commercially let alone it's more electronic siblings.
So the black dj's of Chicago and Detroit who both created Acid House & Techno were forced to travel abroad all over Europe to places like Manchester, London England, Munich and Rome during the late 1980's so that this more electronic variant of American dance music could be heard. and this is why England, Germany, Italy etc etc... are more into Acid House and Techno then the United States at this present day & time."

**
REPLY
32. Jonathan Kidd, 2017
"i beg to differ Chicago also created the acid sound also"

**
REPLY
33. Jonathan Kidd, 2017
"Krafterk was doing there thing btw people need to check out Ron Hardy he really don't get alot of credit realtalk I am 47yrs old from the Chi and have been djing since 84' i remember in late 70's early 80's hearing dance mixes on the radio WBMX and WVON (be fore they became am) then came WGCI WKKC WNUR WCRX WHPK."

**
REPLY
36. Jonathan Kidd, 2017
"in Chicago we did consider Kraftwerk house however that was mostly considered poppin breakin and electro funk back then"

**
REPLY
37. Black Soul2, 2017
"Don't forget WDIA where the Hot Mix style originated at and it is were one of the Hot Mix 5's famous Dj Kenny "Jammin" Jason got his first break."

**
REPLY
38. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"That's right, but I've looked around and I don't see edm giving credit to the original classic house music djs......there's actually people out there calling for sonic reparations!"

**
REPLY
39. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"William Payton you're forgetting that techno is one form of house music....there really was a lot going on at the same time in that era of the 80s...and don't forget that Larry Levan sent Frankie Knuckles, who used to carry records for him, to Chicago...I remember Kraftwerk back in the 70s being played on every Aframerican radio station, but you also have to give credit of some house influences to Donna Summer back in the 70s, queen of disco and her sound crew, who I believe was a Dutch gentlemen....if you listen to some of her music, some of the elements found in classic deep house music exist....she was ahead of her time with her sound because there were a lot of techno elements in some of her music...."

**
REPLY
40. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"Black Soul2 I don't disagree with you at all that Chicago created its own classic house music sound that eventually and kinda at the same time spread to the other cities of Detroit, NY, New Jersey, Baltimore, and eventually the UK. I read somewhere that Frankie Knuckles was sent to Chicago to learn more about the style there.....I'm simply pointing out some of the earlier influences that did have a little influence on classic Chicago style house music and techno in Detroit...."

**
REPLY
41. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"Black Soul, that's EXACTLY right....what I've been trying to say all along...."

**
REPLY
42. B. Alvn, 2017
"Techno in Detroit and House in Chicago."

**
REPLY
43. RargoFC19, 2017
"Anthony Wooten techno is House musics angry sibling."

**
REPLY
44. casualsuede, 2017
"William Payton kraftwerk was a huge influence on techno, a smaller influence on house music, but kraftwerk was neither a techno nor a house group. their role in history was as a "proto-techno" group, a precursor to the genre. house music was influenced much more by disco, italo-disco and some electro-funk and soul music when it appeared in the scene in the late 1970's. techno, whose first track appeared in 1981 was influenced by house, post-punk and even industrial music. there is a lot of cross over between the two genres early on, but to say one genre created the other is not necessarily a true statement, they are kissing cousins, rather than parent-child."

**
REPLY
45. mc365mc, 2017
"This sound was an evolution of NY Disco, Funk, Soul, and Detroit Electronic music. Classic American House has 80's R&B aka Disco as its root. From there it morphed and transformed Freestyle, Acid House, Acid Jazz, Hip-House, Jungle, etc. The thing to remember is this is genre born of DJ's so they were using records that existed prior to the genre and enhancing with electronic drums and synth."

**
REPLY
46. mc365mc, 2017
"Frankie Knuckles learned to play Drum Machines from Detroit guys like Derrick May.
Techno is a type of electronic music, meaning no acoustic instruments, these sub genres didn't exist at the time when all this developed as they didn't have a clearly defined characteristic as it was all new and experimental.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/frankie-knuckles-godfather-of-house-music-dead-at-59-20140401

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_May_(musician)"

**
REPLY
47. MrSivram28, 2018
"Elysian Dreams UK did not create Acid house Chicago did"

**
REPLY
48. UrbanSpaceman100, 2018
"@Elysian Dreams the UK didnt create Acid House per se, but a scene developed which incorporated Acid House, House, Italo-House, Hip-House, Techno etc to create [w]hat could be described as a rave music. A lot of simultaneous things going in in the Balearics, Belgium, Holland, Germany. A lot of cross pollination"

**
49. asilva23, 2016
"Killer mix!!!
This was a great era for Chicago House music.
HOUSE NATION!"

**
50. Lawrence Duval, 2016
"yes house was born in Chicago. ....BUt there's nothing like house from the funhouse N.Y.C."

**
REPLY
51. RargoFC19, 2017
"Lawrence Duval Chicago created it New York perfected it."

**
REPLY
52. islandbud, 2017
"Lawrence Duval I hear ya both, BUTT, House is from The Warehouse in Chicago and Garage music is from The Paradise Garage in NYC. Nebraska & Chicago love from California! ๐Ÿ˜Ž"

**
53. Daniel Welsh, 2016
"Today you have funky house, acid techno, and you can hear the similar sounds in this Earley set that evolved in to so much more."
-snip-
Earley = early

**
54. Chicago2Miami, 2016
"Frankie Knuckles, Wild Boy Bill, Julian Jumpin Perez chicago house mixes on the radio every Friday night, young and jammin"

**
55. Tony Hernandez, 2016
"Hey Ya'll this is Old G Jack master T. from the South Side, you know back in the days when all the clubs were bumping and you had a choice if you want to go Northside, Downtown, anywhere in Shy-Town the muzik back then was the shit no one can deny that House Muzik will live forever!!"

**
56. Mr Toad U, 2016
"Been a house Ed since 87. heard it in a record shop at top of chaple st market in london 1987 n POW ! got me๐Ÿ™"

**
57. Marco Buijsen, 2016
"Outentic outentic. . Chicago is where it al starts... yeh its Chicago where the house music is born..Greetings from Holland

**
REPLY
58. Tommy Rico, 2016
"Marco Buijsen started by Chicago but holland took it to another level! Reinvented it thanks holland!"

**
REPLY
59. Black Soul2, 2017
"If they reinvented House Music? then it's not House Music anymore! but I know the Dutch dj's don't look at it the same way you do because they respect the origins of this underground dance music movement. you on the other hand are a hater and johnny come lately!!!"

**
REPLY
60. neuronmind, 2017
"Tommy, The only housestyle's the Netherlands invented were gabberhouse and hardhouse. (deep)House, garage and acid started in Chicago,followed by N.Y (NewYork freestylehouse) and Detroid (techno)and London(acid, breakbeats)And do not underestimate Italie and italodisco who made probably the very first real housetrack (klein &mbo-dirty talk in 1982 !)We Dutch did'nt invent clubhouse,garage, trance, 2-step,drum and basse etc. and for shure did'nt reinvent any of all mensioned styles! But we had awsome d.j's and producers that spread Dutch house all over the world. A man got to know his house . Greetz from the Hague"

**
REPLY
61. Therein lies your first problem, 2017
"In the Chi, we don't say "Greetings" we say what's up Joe!"

**
REPLY
62. Tommy Rico, 2017
"neuronmind ok."

**
REPLY
63. Black Soul2, 2017
"And you are correct Klein & M.B.O.'s Dirty Talk was considered House Music in Chicago during it's early development... real House Heads at that time period listened to and jacked it up to Italo Disco as well..."

**
64. RargoFC19, 2017
"I'm from England and as House and Techno crossed the pond in about 85-86 and we became the 2nd house nation I went clubbing in what was labelled the "rave scene" bout 87-88 and also illegal parties so it was hard to get hold of the true underground House/techno from USA , feel the UK created its own scene and there was some amazing music created by UK both in house /progressive house and techno but feel the US style suited me better and was more of a classic more beautiful sound, what I'm trying to say is I wish I'd been in USA at this amazing time and gone clubbing with you guys rather than in UK , but my respect goes to both scenes , they both helped advance and push this great music forward but America you are the true pioneers in my opinion. Peace."

**
65. Oscar Bretaรฑa, 2017
"Chicago radio supported house music allot back then. Radio stations like WGCI and WBMX. All they played on Fri and Sat night. I was under aged at the time but the juice bars in the city were incredible. Places like Jenals and Medussa's had the hottest DJs and dance groups like Culitos, just a great fun time. Loved growing up in Chi-Town, will always be in my heart. Peace."

**
66. Karsten Deuschle, 2017
"If you want some good, cheap entertainment, just read the comments on a house track of people arguing over what genre or subgenre it is."

**
REPLY
67. Ru Kerbosch, 2018
"Karsten Deuschle not forgetting the comments about other peoples comments."

**
68. MR_DIATRIBE 23, 2017
"House music came from a ware-house ;) Thank god it did as apartment music, flat music, tower block music etc just doesn't sound right lol ;)"

**
69. Anthony Wooten, 2017
"...that 's right , gotta respect the original classic house music from the 80s outta Chicago that started it, New York, and New Jersey and Detroit, and Baltimore, and later in UK that was playing this music all at the same time.....those are the regions where it original classic house music was played...."

**
70. Rafik M, 2017
"Marco Buijsen the sad part is that a big majority of people living in Chicago now they do not know that house music came from Chicago!"

**
71. Cimi Lahun, 2017
"As a Dutchie I definitely prefer this style above the Hardhouse or Gabber. It's far more melodic, genuine and sexy."

**
72. Nicolas Dekmine, 2017
"so right ... back in the days,
message is in the music.
music is the message.
thanks for this trip in my best years. :)"

**
73. aaron i, 2017
"It traveled well to Ireland anyway ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ"

**
74. Peter Guerrero, 2017
"Wow man, hats off to you for being a part of the movement and sharing this amazing legacy and history! It's worth remembering and remembering accurately from people who were actually there!"

**
75. UrbanSpaceman100, 2018
"what you on about? Acid House was defo orginally american. Brits took it and formed their own scene, although a lot of input from Belgium and Holland later on...."

**
76. Christine Collins, 2018
"Came to NYC 1986,7,8. We had glorious Freestyle music, by 88 we were calling stuff “Chicago House”, The Miami and Detroit sounds fear the scene. Germany and England were known for techno, elm and later Jungle/ drum and base. Rap, Freestyle, House, and Voguer beats came up together"

**
77. James Bradley Mercer, 2018
"Excellent mix. Incredible track selection, layed out in a perfect flow. This a def feel good mix all the way through. A journey through chicago house music."

**
78. Daniel Carvalho, 2018
"80s old school in the house!"

**
79. Rico Crockett, 2018
"Okkkkkkk, house head from Jersey paying respect"

**
80. erikhicks07, 2019
"this is true Chicago classic house music"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone, my name is Sunday i am here to say a big thank you to my doctor DR OLU who helped me enlarge my penis.i have never had a happy relationship in my life because of my inability to perform well due to my small penis, due to frustration,i went online in search of solution to ending my predicament and than i came across testimony on how DR OLU has helped them, so i contacted him and he promised to help me with penis enlargement,i doubted at first but i gave him a trial and he sent me the product which i used according to his prescription and in less than a week,i saw changes in my penis and it grow to the size i wanted and since then,i am now a happy man and no lady complains again about my penis.if you also need the services of my doctor,you can also contact him on his email..drolusolutionhome@gmail.com or his whataspp is +2348140654426

    ReplyDelete