Translate

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Vintage Sesame Street - "We All Sing With The Same Voice" (information, video, & lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell
This post showcases the song "We All Sing With The Same Voice" that aired on a 1982 episode of Sesame Street. That song promotes racial harmony.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, inspirational, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to the composers of this song and thanks to all those who are responsible for this film clip. Thanks also to the publishers of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SONG "WE ALL SING WITH THE SAME VOICE"
From http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/We_All_Sing_with_the_Same_Voice
"We All Sing with the Same Voice" is a Sesame Street song that first appeared in Season 14.

The song, performed by children, is about racial harmony. The lyrics are about how, despite differences in every imaginable category – world regions and ethnic backgrounds, different skin colors and physical attributes and so forth – everyone is really the same, as in singing with the same voice and song.

Part of the accompanying footage was shot in Playground #2 at the Peter Cooper Village housing complex in the Gramercy section of Manhattan.

Written by: Sheppard Greene and J. Philip Miller
Date: 1981
Publisher: Sesame Street Inc.
First: Episode 1708"
-snip-
Sesame Street Season 14th dates
First Episode in that season- Episode 1706: November 22, 1982
Last Episode in that season - Episode 1835: May 20, 1983 [information from Sesame Street Seasons wiki]

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO:
Sesame Street: We All Sing the Same Song



Sesame Street, Uploaded on Jul 31, 2009

If you're watching videos with your preschooler and would like to do so in a safe, child-friendly environment, please join us at http://www.sesamestreet.org

****
LYRICS: WE ALL SING WITH THE SAME VOICE
(Sheppard Greene and J. Philip Miller)

My hair is black and red
My hair is yellow
My eyes are brown and green and blue

My name is Jack and Fred
My name's Amanda Sue
I'm called Kareem Abdul
My name is you

I live in southern France
I'm from a Texas ranch
I come from Mecca and Peru
I live across the street
In the mountains, on a beach
I come from everywhere
And my name is you

We all sing with the same voice
The same song, the same voice
We all sing with the same voice
And we sing in harmony

Sometimes I get mad and mean
Sometimes I feel happy
And when I want to cry, I do

When I'm by myself at night
I hold my teddy tight
Until the morning light
My name is you

I have sisters one, two, three
In my family there's just me
I've got one daddy
I've got two

Grandpa helps me cross the street
My cat walks on furry feet
I love my parakeet
My name is you

We all sing with the same voice
The same song, the same voice
We all sing with the same voice
And we sing in harmony

I like to run and climb
I like to sit and read
I like to watch my TV, too

And when it's time for bed
I like my stories read
"Sweet dreams" and "Love you" said
My name is you

We all sing with the same voice
The same song, the same voice
We all sing with the same voice
And we sing in harmony

Source: http://www.metrolyrics.com/we-all-sing-with-the-same-voice-lyrics-sesame-street.html

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment