Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Lijadu Sisters - Reincarnation (with lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases a sound file of the Nigerian song "Reincarnation" by the Lijadu Sisters. The lyrics of that song are also included in this post along with information about these vocalists.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LIJADU SISTERS
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijadu_Sisters
"The Lijadu Sisters, Taiwo and Kehinde Lijadu, are identical twin sisters from Nigeria[4] who were an important music duet from the mid-1960s to the 1980s. They achieved success in Nigeria[5] and had modest influence in the United States and Europe. They were notable for being a West African version of the Pointer Sisters who mixed Afrobeat sounds with jazz and disco, according to one source.[1] Since the late 1980s, they retired from the music scene.

The twins grew up in the Nigerian town of Ibadan, and were inspired musically by various artists including Aretha Franklin, Victor Olaiya and Miriam Makeba. They had guidance from music producer Lemmy Jackson who is credited with helping them with their early successes.[5] Their music was a mix of Jazz, Afrobeat, Reggae and Waka. Sometimes they sung in English and other times in African languages....

The sisters were top stars in Nigeria during the 1970s and 1980s.[5] During these years, they branched out to America and Europe and found modest success...

Their reggae number Reincarnation insisted that if reincarnation was a reality, then they would like to be reincarnated again into the home where they grew up"...
-snip-
Also click http://www.knittingfactoryrecords.com/artists/the-lijadu-sisters/catalog/horizon-unlimited for more information and commentary about The Lijadu Sisters.

****
LYRIC: REINCARNATION
(The Lijadu Sisters)

If there is reincarnation
I would love to come back
To the same home where I was born
Yes baby I would do
Oh Yes baby I would do

If you want to you wanna know
You can come with me
Where lots of love awaits you there

No matter where you come from
Oh no matter who you are
Reincarnation I'm waiting for you
Reincarnation I have no regrets

So be quick take me there
Bring me back home
Where I belong.

Reincarnation I'm waiting for you
Reincarnation I have no regrets
So be quick take me there
Bring me back home
Where I belong.

[lyrics repeat]
-snip-
Transcription by Azizi Powell. The word in italics means that I'm unsure about that transcription. Additions & corrections are welcome.

****
SHOWCASE SOUND FILE

Reincarnation - Lijadu Sisters



KaibaraCity, Uploaded on Dec 11, 2011

****
Thanks to The Lijadu Sisters for their musical legacy. Thanks also to the publisher of this sound file on YouTube.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment