Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Caribbean Church Choir Procession: Bethel Apostolic Church "Hold On Out" (Video & Lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases two videos of Bethel Born Again Church of Jesus Christ Apostolic church choirs (Jamaica) singing "Hold On Out" during an offering procession.

The lyrics to that song are included in this post.

The content of this post is presented for historical, folkloric, and spiritual purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to the composer/s of this song as well as vocalists, and musicians who performed this music. My thanks also to the producers of these videos. Special thanks to BROTHER TENNYSON for publishing this video on YouTube and posting the song's lyrics.

****
LYRICS: HOLD ON OUT
(composer/s ?)

1. When my way ways seems dark (hold on out)
And when the way gets dark (holding out)
I can call on Jesus (hold on out)
He’ll stay on my mind (hold on out)
Whenever I call him (hold on out)
He’s there on time (hold on out)

2. And if my mother won’t hold (hold on out)
I’m gonna keep on holding (hold on out)
And if my father won’t hold (hold on out)
I’ve got my hands on the wheel
And keeps on turning (hold on out)
My soul fire is burning (hold on out)
Make me feel like running (hold on out)

CHORUS
I’m going to hold, (hold out),
hold (hold out),
hold (hold out)
hold (hold out)
Hold out on out until the end,
For when my work is here in vain,
I’m gonna hold to my Jesus name
I’m going to hold, (hold out),
hold (hold out),
hold (hold out),
hold (hold out)
Hold out until the end.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEOS
Example #1: Bethel Born Again Apostolic Church (Hold on Out)



Uploaded by BROTHER TENNYSON on Oct 22, 2010

Bethel Born Again Church of Jesus Christ Apostolic, 3 - 5 Oakland Road* ,Jamaica The offering is collecting and the Bethel Born Again Mass Choir is singing "Hold on Out"
-snip-
This song is sung during the portion of the church service when the "offering" (money from church members and other attendees) is collected.

****
Example #2: Example #2: HOLD ON OUT - PART 3



choyescodner's channel, Uploaded on Nov 10, 2011

The Voices of the Overcomers of Bethel singing at International Convocation 2011

****
RELATED LINKS
http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2011/11/marching-for-jesus-black-church.html "Marching For Jesus - Black Church Processions Part 1"
This is Part I of a 4 part series. The links to the other posts in this series are given in Part I.

**
Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/06/sources-art-and-purposes-of-black.html for an essay with video samples on "The Sources, Art, And Purposes Of Black Church Processionals" written by Azizi Powell 6/9/2012

**
Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/11/rev-james-cleveland-lord-help-me-to.html for the African American Gospel song "Lord Help Me To Hold Out". That Gospel song which was composed by Rev. James Cleveland has a similar theme as the Jamaican song "Hold On Out".

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Viewer comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment