Translate

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Why I Sing (Pancocojams Series On Creativity)

Written by Azizi Powell

This post marks the introduction to a periodic series on Pancocojams called "Why I ___" [for instance:"Why I Sing"; "Why I Write"; "Why I Dance"]

The purpose of the series is to promote creativity while sharing information about creative people.

Please send posts [essays] for possible addition to this blog series to cocojams17@yahoo.com

A post can include one or two videos as well as online contact information [such as website, or email, facebook, or twitter address] for the person writing the post.

Thanks!

Here's the video that inspired this series:

Kirk Franklin & Family - Why We Sing (Official Video)



Uploaded by joashstilltheman on Jan 28, 2010
This is from the album Kirk Franklin And The Family Live

Editor's note:
This is a new arrangement of "Why We Sing". This song was first released in 1993.

-snip-

Here's the lyrics to that song:

Why We Sing
(Kirk Franklin)

Someone asked the question
Why do we sing?
When we lift our hands to Jesus
What do we really mean?

Someone may be wondering
When we sing our song
At times we maybe crying.
And nothings even wrong

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free
His eye is on the sparrow
That's the reason why I sing

Glory Hallelujah
You're the reason why I sing

Glory Hallelujah
I give the praises to You

Glory Hallelujah
You're the reason why I sing

And when the song is over
We've all said Amen
In your heart just keep on singing
And the song will never end

And if somebody asks you
Was it just a show
Lift your hands and be a witness
And tell the whole world No

And when we cross that river
To study war no more
We will sing our songs to Jesus
The one that we adore

-snip-

Click to visit Kirk Franklin and the Family

Also, click Jambalayah-Kirk Franklin "Why I Sing" to find a 1994 video of Kirk Franklin & The Family singing this song.

****

Thanks for visiting pancocojams. Visitor comments are welcome!

Please send posts [essays] for possible addition to this blog series on creativity to cocojams17@yahoo.com

Click on this post's title to read comments & to add comments. If you aren't sure how to add comments on this blog, follow the instructions found on this page Adding Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment