Translate

Sunday, November 10, 2019

South African 2005 Kwaito Song "Sweety My Baby" By Brickz

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a video of the 2005 South African Kwaito hit song "Sweety My Baby" by Brickzz.

Selected comments from that video's discussion thread are included in this post.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Brickz for recording this song and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. Thanks also to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Sweety My Baby – Brickzz



Taf1, Oct 19, 2006

Biggest kwaito tune this year!!!

[...]

Song: Sweety Ma Baby
Artist: Brickz | RR
Album: Face Brick
-snip-
Statistics as of November 9, 2019 at 6:32 PM
Total # of views -475,331
Total likes - 1.5K
Total dislikes - 53
Total comments- 200
-snip-
Hete's some information about Brickz from https://africanmusicdance.fandom.com/wiki/Brickz
"Brickz (born Sipho Ndlovu) is a popular South African Kwaito artist born in Zola, South Africa, who was discovered by the ever popular producer DJ Cleo"....
****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD
These comments are presented according to their year that they were published, except for their replies. Numbers are added for referencing purposes only.

2006
1. zimguza
"I love this video!!!makes me miss home....too many memories!!!"

****
2007

****
2008
2. semt9
"This sond is DOPPPPPEEEEEE
Channel O baybehh!!"

**
3. DawnChilde Vocations
"brings back memories of parties back home"

**
4. soulchildboy
"baby,baby,baby,babay... eish !!"

**
5. nzala1985
"Wow I haven't heard this jame in a long time.I am from Zambia but this is among da hotest track in Africa.Kwaito Rocks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
-snip-
"jame" = jam (record/song)

**
6. sarudzai14
"this is sme good stuff though im from zim i appreciate s.african music,its really good..jus makes me miss home"
-snip-
"zim" = Zimbabwe

****
2009
7. Ettienne van der Merwe
"Ahhhh the sweet sounds of home!!"

**
8. noriri20
"19 days and I'm home!
Oh how I've missed you Mzansi
Xx"
-snip-
"Mzansi" = South Africa

****
2010
9. savanamu
"Sweety my babee love this song tuuuunee!!!!"

**
10. zeenasha1
"Malawi stand up...i rep AFRICA mutha land..gotta luv it :)"

****
2011
11. Lulu Ali
"Dis song is kooooool
sweet ma bbe
u 'll alwez b ma bbe!!"

**
12. Kitso Sello
"eish this a good song!!"
-snip-
https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/eish "eish: exclamation, INFORMAL•SOUTH AFRICAN; used to express a range of emotions, such as surprise, annoyance, or resignation

[...]

Origin
1990s origin uncertain. The term originated in the townships and is probably imitative of a non-verbal utterance.

**
13. blackmamba5000
"come on people! this song is tight! big up to brickzaaaaaa!!!"

**
14. lebogang6
"2007/8 New Year's in a club in Edinburgh, UK ... never danced so hard!!!"

**
15. charlababy
"us zim peeps are mad crazzie ova s.a music its great. love this tune, but got no idea wat the song is sayin except for sweety my baby yu will always be my baby lol zim peeps be ridin to this tune up in da club"

****
2012
16. Gralia Kaja
"Reminds of those days back in SA"

**
17. Naisola Letoya
"Its 2012 and i still love this song!!"

**
18. KaeL M
"man.. I miss the days in Southern Africa, I lived in Mozambique and every weekend I was on my way to SA...I miss Chanel O!!!! AAAAAAH.. fond memories!! my overshopping in Nelspruit and what not! I also miss Swaziland!! sniff sniff.. AFRICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... Man, there's no place like Africa! now why am I stuck on this iceberg called Canada!?"

****
2013
19. Neesa Lawl
"Still loving this... brings back memories of parties in high school. Also, lol at the channel O logo!"

**
20. jeanna Jack
"eish Sweety My Baby this song!!!"

****
2014

****
2015
21. Orapeleng Tawana
"you will always be ma bbe."

**
22. Guilherme Fumagalli
"Very Nice. Is from?
(i'm Brazilian, i don't know nothing in english)"

**
REPLY
23. lindokuhle ndlovu, 2016
"welcome to SA tunes, SA world where love is excessive"

**
REPLY
24. Vusumuzi Mathumo-Githendu, 2017
"and AIDS"

**
REPLY
25. charlene maduramuthu, 2019
"Guilherme Fumagalli this is a South African song the language he sings in is called Zulu"

**
26. inmyJimmychoo choos
"Don't understand what he's saying but I like it.Such a throw back"

**
27. Jacob Bontlha
"clasik tune maan brings back some naughty memories"

**
28. Kay Modikai
"Classic Kwaito rit here"

****
2016
29. Lindokuhle Mavuso
"A big throwback, 2005, when I was in grade 7."

**
REPLY
30. Omphulusa Tshivhase, 2018
"Lindokuhle Mavuso lol i was in grade 6 we even play it in 2006"

**
31. Jada Rose
"heya this reminds of Mzilikazi gardens in Bulawayo city of sunshine and culture"
-snip-
Bulawayo is a city Zimbabwe, South Africa.

****
2017
32. Tammie Ndleleni
"2017 and it still rocks"

**
34. decio elias mafuieca
"oh sweet my baby in Maputo Mozambique, what a hit.."

**
35. Vuyo Nkosi
"This song it's the best of kwaito"

**
36. Carlos Kayko felgueiras82
"old school jam"

**
37. fecorns
"brickzz, this is one of the best kwaito tracks in a long time, Cleo did a good job"
-snip-
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Cleo
"Tlou Cleopas Monyepao (born 24 December 1979) professionally known as DJ Cleo, is a South African award-winning Kwaito and House producer from Gauteng and the founder of Will Of Steel Productions.[1]"...

****
2018
38. David Panama
"Timeless classic"

****
2019
39. Joseph mut
"This song welcomed me in sa when I went to study at UJ"
-snip-
"sa" = South Africa
"UJ" = University of Johannesburg

**
40. Joe-Fox Wurld
"Still rocking it 2018"

**
41. Michael Machel
"Im 30 now, used to hear my bro play this when i was 17 back when channel O took over africa"

**
42. Siya Dube
"An all time legend"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the gwijo song "Sweety My Baby" is an adaptation of this 2005 Kwaito song with the same title.

    Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2019/11/south-african-gwijo-sweety-my-baby-by.html for a pancocojams post about those gwijo songs.

    ReplyDelete