Translate

Monday, September 2, 2024

The Williams Brothers = "Still Here" (Contemporary Gospel video, information, & lyrics)



thewilliamsbrothers, June 20, 2008

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a 2008 YouTube video of The Williams Brothers' Contemporary Gospel song "Still Here".   

Information about The Williams Brothers is included in this post along with the lyrics for this song.

The content of this post is presented for religious, historical, cultural and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to The Williams Brothers for their music and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post.
-snip-
This post is part of an ongoing pancocojams series that showcases African American performing artists whose last names are included on the United States Census (2010) list of  most common Black American surnames.

For the purpose of this series, I'm usually limiting these posts to African American performing artists with a last name that is listed as one of the top 100 most common Black surnames in the United States.

For example, the United States Census (2010) documents that "Williams" is the #1 most common surname (last name) among Black people in the United States. 

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/09/the-fifty-most-common-black-last-names.html  for the pancocojams post entitled "The Fifty Most Common Black Last Names In The United States And The List Of Fifty Most Common White Last Names In The United States (US Census 2010)".

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE WILLIAMS BROTHERS
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Williams_Brothers_(gospel_group)
"The Williams Brothers is an American traditional black gospel music group from Jackson, Mississippi, they were formed in 1960 by Leon "Pop" Williams, who was the Williams' father, and early on the Williams' brother Frank Douglas was a member. At its inception, The group consisted of three brothers, Doug Williams, Leonard Williams, Melvin Williams, and their cousin, Henry Green and a non-family member Maurice Surrell. Later on the group would add Derrick Horne, Maulty "Tuff" Jewell IV, Pharis "June Bug" Evans Jr., Ralph Lofton Jr., and Terrell Midge Gatlin. They released 42 albums with various labels during their tenure, and 23 albums charted on the Billboard charts, mostly on the Gospel Albums chart. They have been nominated for the Grammy Award in the Best Traditional Gospel Album category at the 34th, 37th, 43rd, 47th, and the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards. In 1999, the group was inducted into the International Gospel Music Hall of Fame, which is in Detroit, Michigan".

[...]

Also known as: The Sensational Williams Brothers

The Williams Brothers Gospel

Origin:  Smithdale, Mississippi

Genres:  Gospel, urban contemporary gospel, traditional black gospel, southern gospel

Years active: 1960–present

****
LYRICS - STILL HERE
(The Williams Brothers)

[Intro]
I like that, yo
Listen

[Verse 1]
Heartaches
I've had my shares of hearaches
But I'm still here
Trouble
I've seen my share of troubles, (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
But I'm still here
Bruises
I've taken my lumps and bruises, but I'm still here
Loneliness
I've had my share of loneliness
But I'm still here
Listen now

[Chorus 1]
Through it all
I've made it through another day's journey
God kept me here
I've made it through
Another day's journey
God kept me here
(Can anybody relate to that tonight
I've made it)
Made it through
Another day's journey
God kept me here
(I know somebody can relate to what I'm gonna say now) 

 [Verse 2]
Lied on
Many times I've been lied on
But I'm still here
Burdens, I had to bare so many burdens, but I'm still here
Dark days
I've had my share of dark days
But I'm still here, yes I am
Disappointments
I've had so many dissappointments
But I'm still here

[Chorus 2]
Through it all
I've made it through another day's journey
God kept me here
I've made it through
Another day's journey
God kept me here
(I don't know how you feel about it tonight
But I thank god I'm still here)
I've made it, I made it, I made it
(Another day's journey)
Oh
God kept me here
(Let me tell you what it was, listen)

[Bridge]
It's by the grace of God, that I'm still here today
He was always there, no matter what came my way
I felt the presence of him, in my time of need
Standing right there, just to sill my faith, oh

[Chorus 3]
I've made it through
Another day's journey (One more day)
God kept me here
(God kept this arms around me
He has a believe on us)
I've made it, I made it, I made it, made it, made it, yeah
Oh
God kept me here
(I just want y'all to know this tonight)

[Outro]
I've made it (I've made it)
I'm still here (I'm still here)
And a lot of folks say that I wouldn't be here tonight, but I made it (I made it)
By the grace of God, y'all (Yes,I made it)
I'm still here (I'm still here)
I have to lay awake in the midnight hour, sometimes tossing & turning (I made it)
All night long (Yes, I mad it)
Have anyone had to lay awake all night long sometimes (I'm still here)
Tears in your eyes wandering what the next day was gonna bring (I made it)
God has kept his arms around you, yes he did (Yes, I made it)
You made through the trials (I'm still here)
Come on let me see those hands in the air
I made it, I made it (I made it)
I made it, I made it (Yes,I made it)
I made it, I made it (I'm still here)
Through it all (Through it all...I'm still here)  
-snip-
first release date - November 3, 1999

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment