Translate

Monday, April 15, 2024

The Bolton Brothers' 2008 Rendition Of "Jesus Is Real To Me" On The Bobby Jones Gospel Television Series


thepropheticdave, Dec 29, 2011

The Bolton Brothers on Bobby Jones Gospel. Recorded October 2008. Aired January 2009. The lead is my Pastor, Bishop L.W. Bolton, Jr. He can ad lib on ANY song and the Spirit will get to you!

4:40 - If you look real close at the bottom center of the screen you'll see the director trying to get them to wrap up. Toooo funny!  Sing Bishop!

****
Edited by Azizi Powell
This pancocojams post showcases a 2008 YouTube video of The Bolton Brothers singing a rendition of the Gospel song "Jesus Is Real To Me".

This post also includes information about the Bolton Brothers and selected comments from that video's discussion thread. 

The content of this post is presented for historical, religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Beatrice Brown for composing "Jesus Is Real To Me". Thanks to The Boton Brothers for their musical legacy. Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post, thanks to Bobby Jones  and all those who were associated with The Bobby Jones Gospel television series for featuring The Bolton Brothers and other Gospel singers. Thanks also to thepropheticdave for publishing this video on YouTube.
-snip-
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/04/jesus-is-real-to-me-1952-gospel.html for the pancocojams post entitled " "Jesus Is Real To Me" - 1952 Gospel Recording By Brother Joe May & The Sallie Martin Singers (with lyrics)".

The standard lyrics for the song "Jesus Is Real To Me" is given in that post along with the information that the composer/lyricist of that 1952 African American Gospel song was Beatrice Brown.

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/04/john-p-kee-new-life-community-choir.html for a pancocojams post entitled "John P. Kee & New Life Community Choir - "Jesus Is Real" (African American Gospel video, information, and lyrics)".

Also, click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/04/yes-god-is-real-1944-gospel-song.html for a pancocojams post entitled "
"Yes, God Is Real" -The 1944 Gospel Song Composed By Kenneth Morris (sound file, information, & lyrics)."

And click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2024/04/three-examples-of-african-american.html for a pancocojams post whose title is "Three Examples Of African American Gospel Songs Whose Titles Have The Words "God Is Real" / "Jesus Is Real" ".

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE BOLTON BROTHERS
From https://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-bolton-brothers-mn0000081826#biography
"The Bolton Brothers Biography by Charlotte Dillon
"
Revered Linwood Bolton Sr. and his wife, Leola Bolton, brought 20 children into the world -- eight sons and 12 daughters. They raised them all to know the glory of God. Five of those sons went on to become ministers. From those children came the birth of the gospel group known as the Bolton Brothers, which includes members Jerry, L.W. Jr., James, and Ray Bolton. The Bolton Brothers completed a debut album in 1996, Live in Mobile. It was followed two years later by the sophomore release of Live in Mobile, Vol. 2. Both offerings were done on the Blackberry Records label, and sold as videos as well. 2001 saw the release of the group's third album, Revival in Atlanta. Some of the songs the brothers have recorded include "Bless the Name of Jesus," "Just to Know Him," "Lord Done Delivered Me," "If He Still Cares," "Bring Your Burdens," "Oh How I Love You," "I Gave Up Everything," "Will You Be Ready," and "Let It Be Real."

[...]

Active

1990s - 2010s

Formed

1976 in Hattiesburg, MS

Genre

Religious

Styles

Black Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Contemporary Gospel, Gospel Choir, Praise & Worship, Gospel"...

****

SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySvP8Bz2TQ


These comments are given in chronological order except for replies. Numbers are added for referencing purposes only.

I'm particularly interested in documenting the use of African American Vernacular English in these comments, although I don't point out those words, phrases, or sayings.

2011

1. @lavanden
"THATS MY BISHOP!!! I love that dude like a mugg!!!!"

**
2. @kewis18
"them my cousins so they say.. All of us Bolton's sing"

**
Reply
3. @charlespreach
"Well we know they can"

****
2012
4. @MissBenn25
"I'm in Atlanta Georgia now but those ARE MY PEOPLE :) MY GRANDFATHER IS ZOLLY BOLTON...BEAUMOUNT IN THE BUILDING LOL...LOVE MY FOLKS.."

**
5. @Tokenya
"Yes suh!!!"

**
Reply
6. @koderris, 2018
"Tokenya Bell These some powerful Men of God. Legendary Dr. L. W. Bolton. He driving it"

**
7. @caseboogie806
"These some bad brothers right here.  Thank God for your family and continue to bless us all."

**
8. @JesusMakeUpMyDyinBed
"This sounds so much better without the suits and band, a hardwood floor and the clapping of sanctified hands. Check out the Alan Lomax recording of this."
-snip-
Click ___ for the 1993 Alan Lomx record that includes a rendition of "Jesus Is Real To Me" by +++ 

**
Reply
9. @ReeceCan
"Yea it is  good without the suits and band,, these guys have done it just like that too... & now they do it with the suits & music,,, it is indeed a good thing when you can see where God has brought you from...... music rules so many things now including gospel singing..... these guys grew up in church,,, 20 brothers & sisters all raised by their parents,,, I grew up watching them sing,,, u should see them in person,,, most importantly they love Jesus."

**
10. @LaffeyG
"Pastor L.W. Bolton I see you are still tearing down walls.  I remembered hearing your preach a revival at Mt. Bethel M. B. Church in Frankville, Al. Under the leader ship of Rev. Lang. R.I.P.  I now resides in Chicago, IL and each time you are here I misses it and I keep up with you on YouTube. Keep posting them and sing your souls out. Go Boltons.  Chi-Town watching....."

****
2013

11. @curtisjohnson981
"Sang Bishop!!!, One of the Best Singer on this Earth!!!"

**
12. @TheRealEbnflo
"Good God almighty!!! Thank you Bishop.. I've always looked up to you all coming up as a young artist out of Hattiesburg, MS... Thanks for being awesome leaders"

****

2014

13. @tristinboykin4373
"He gave me the victory!!!!!!!!! Glory!!!!!!!!!"

****

2015

14. @deerae4231
"This is one of my favorite old time gospel songs.  My grandmother and Mom use to sing it to us when we were young.  Growing up Gospel!!"

**
Reply
15. @cumtwatnow4779, 2021
"Yes from Mississippi"

****
2016
16. @GodGotMe762
"Alright NOW..LORD JESUS CHRIST YOU are REAL to me" 

**
17. @gennieceezell5476
"Love this song !!!! Amen"

****
2017


****
2018

18, @gameoftruthgameoftruth3689
"we have to sing this for our annual men's day this Sunday"

****
2019
19. @apostlejohnanthonyscroggin9052
"I LOVE THIS SONG REALLY MINISTER'S TO MY SPIRIT"

**
20. @user-rz9wz1bx2l
"Amen.  Praise the lord!"

****
2020
21. @aprildurden4348
"I love this song. It reminds me of my dad when he would sing part of this song before praying as a deacon in church. God knows how much I miss him."

**
22. 
@trix4568
"Sang it Bishop. Sang my soul happy everytime I hear it. Jesus is so REAL."

**
23. @kennardbush9546
"The Oldest Brother got the seasoning

Sang Bishop"

****
2021

24. @jonathancallahan1802
"Sang boy"

**
25. @carolynejones48
"Praise His holy name!"

****
2022

26. @earnestinewilliams9670
"This song is my ringtone on my phone  I love this song this is a touching song that minister's to me I love this version of this song I love me some Bolton Brothers one of my favorite quartet groups these guys have a unique style of quartet and I love old  these men of God  sing from their soul and that's what I love bcuz they minister's to the soul and not singing cute Thank you Bolton Brothers for blessing me through your songs Ministry and preaching ministry Kingdom Blessings  upon you Men of God"

**
27. @orglendalias7801
"Alright now, Mississippi in the house."

**
28.@AmonteaKeyes
"[3 heart emojis]  the feet taps lol get down brothers"

****

2023

29. @doretheafox8020
"I haven't heard this song in years. I woke up singing it today. I  had to play it. Jesus is real to me."

**
30. @CottonCloudd
"This is my cousin jayln cousins THE bolten brothers"

**
31. @kinyasanders8399
"Sang it  sang the song"

****

2024

32. @emmashumate8030
"Sing Bishop Glory Hallelujah !!"

**
33. @LadyB_1
"It’s 2024 and I’m listening️Yes sirrr sing y’all !!!'

**
34. @paulgreen6921
"Dats the one I remember! You know?    PWG.  P.S. Deez peeples can have, and keep dem newfangled songs! Little of no Spirit!"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment