Translate

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Stevie Wonder's 1967 Song "I Was Made To Love Her" & The Curtis Family C-Notes' Rendition Of That Song (on June 2021 America Got Talent Contestants)


Weedy Weed Smoker, Nov 24, 2017

****
America's Got Talent 2021 The Curtis Family C-Notes Full Performance & Story Auditions Week 2 S16E02


Talent KingHD, June 8, 2021

-snip-
The song begins at 2:41 in this video.

This video has a total of 15,451 as of  July 14, 2021 at 11:04 AM ET.

Another video of this performance can be found at 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inI4alL3J-g&ab_channel=America%27sGotTalent . That video has 
1,885,985 as of 11:07 AM ET.This family band brought the house down with an incredible rendition of "I Was Made to Love Her."

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases Stevie Wonder's 1967 rendition of his hit song "I Was Made To Love Her" as well as a June 2021 rendition of that song by The Curtis Family C-notes, contestants on America's Got Talent. 

Information about and lyrics for "I Was Made To Love Her" are also included in this post along with a few comments from the discussion thread for that America's Got Talent video.

This post also includes biographical information about The Curtis Family C-notes.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entetainment, and aesthetic purposes.

I'm particularly interested in documenting the large afro hairstyles and 1970s clothing styles that are worn by The Curtis Family C Notes in 2021 as well as the discussion thread comments about those styles and which older groups The Curtis Family C-Notes remind people of.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Stevie Wonder for his musical legacy. Thanks to The Curtis Family C-notes for their musical performance. Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to the publishers of this videos on YouTube.   

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THE SONG "I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER"
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Was_Made_to_Love_Her_(song)
" "I Was Made to Love Her" is a soul music song recorded by American musician Stevie Wonder for Motown's Tamla label in 1967. The song was written by Wonder, his mother Lula Mae Hardaway, Sylvia Moy, and producer Henry Cosby and included on Wonder's 1967 album I Was Made to Love Her.

Released as a single, "I Was Made to Love Her" peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Pop Singles chart in July 1967. The song was held out of the top spot by "Light My Fire" by the Doors and spent four non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on the Hot Rhythm & Blues Singles chart in the United States.[1] The song reached No. 5 in the UK, Wonder's first top ten hit in that country.[2]

When asked in a 1968 interview which of his songs stood out in his mind, Wonder answered "'I Was Made to Love Her' because it's a true song".[3] The last lyric line "You know Stevie ain't gonna leave her" was ad libbed by Wonder."...

****
LYRICS: I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER

(Writers: Lula Mae Hardaway, Stevie Wonder, Henry Cosby, Sylvia Moy)

I was born in Lil' Rock,
Had a childhood sweetheart,
We were always hand in hand.

I was hightop shoes and shirt tails,
Suzy was in pig tails,
I know I loved her even then.

You know my papa disapproved it,
My mama boohooed it,
But I told them time and time again,
"Don't you know I was made to love her,
Built a world all around her"
Yah! Hey, hey, hey.

She's been my inspiration,
Showed appreciation
For the love I gave her through the years.

Like a sweet magnolia tree
My love blossomed tenderly,
My life grew sweeter through the years.

I know that my baby loves me,
My baby needs me,
That's why we made it through the years.

I was made to love her,
Worship and adore her,
Hey, hey, hey.

All through thick and thin
Our love just won't end,
'Cause I love my baby, love my baby. Ah!

My baby loves me,
My baby needs me,
And I know I ain't going nowhere.

I was knee high to a chicken
When that love bug bit me,
I had the fever with each passing year.

Oh, even if the mountain tumbles,
If this whole world crumbles,
By her side I'll still be standing there.

'Cause I was made to love her,
I was made to live for her, yeah!
Ah, I was made to love her,
Built my world all around her,
Hey, hey, hey.
Oo baby, I was made to please her,
You know Stevie ain't gonna leave her, no,
Hey, hey, hey.

Oo wee baby, my baby loves me,
My baby needs me,
Hey, hey, hey.
OO my baby loves me....

****
BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURTIS FAMILY C-NOTES
From 
www.thecurtisfamilycnotes.com
"The Curtis Family C-notes, a musical band and vocal group... the band members are Maestro, his wife and their 5 children! "Papa C.", Maestro Curtis, "Mama C.", Nola Curits, Zahara (14) vocals, guitar/ukulele and violin, Nile (13) vocals, electric bass and cello (Zahara and Nile are 362 days apart, "Irish twins"), Isis (12) vocals, drums, percussions, Kiki (10) vocals, electric guitar/ukulele, and Phoenix (8) vocals and piano.

 In the tradition of family bands such as the Jackson 5, the Partridge Family, the Sylvers, the Carpenters, The The Curtis Family C-notes perform as a band and a vocal group, from songs by the Mills Brothers and the Andrews Sisters, to Jefferson Airplane, Sly & the Family Stone and the Hawkins Singers, as well as original compositions.  Mama and Papa C. aspire for their children to enter into the sciences because music is a way of life, music is everyone's birthright it is also a fun way to, teach mathematical relationships, develop critical thinking skills, teach the children to work as a group and independently.  With all of that said, the C-note children are proving to be skilled musicians, vocalists and entertainers and their parents are overwhelmingly proud."...

****
SELECTED COMMENTS ABOUT THE CURTIS FAMILY C-NOTES ON AMERICA'S GOT TALENT 
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inI4alL3J-g&ab_channel=America%27sGotTalent

(All these comments are from June to July 14, 2021. The comments are given in relative chronological order except for replies. Numbers are added for referencing purposes only.)

1. Rex Racer
"Hello, this is 1973 calling, and I’m diggin’ it, baby!"
-snip-
This comment was written in italics in this discussion.

**
2. Jill Dymond
"This Curtis group was entertaining, a remembrance of the way we were. Fantastic πŸŽ€πŸŽ™πŸŽ§πŸŽΉπŸ‘πŸ™πŸ₯°"

**
3. Odd team of the Undertaker, Mumkhar, and Ron Paul
"Once I heard the dad say the 50s-70s were the golden age of music, I knew this act would be amazing."

**
4. Jacob McCain
"This was so funky, so soulful, this is what we need, a new age Jackson five! They just sang their faces off! Can I just stop by their house for lit jam sessionsπŸ˜‚"

**
5. Johny-OlSkool ™
"This was sooooo Awesome! I loved every aspect of this!!! The Family spirit, the clothes, the mind set, and OMG the Music!!!!

Thank You so much Curtis Family C-notes! ❤️

 The World needs more of this!!!πŸ™ŒπŸ»

 I pray you guys win!  πŸ™πŸ»"

**
6. Carolyn Huff
"The Curtis Family rocked the house! They're amazing!"

**
7.  Mimo Muiruri
"The hair, the hair,, the hair. ♥

..they are also very very talented.

**
8. 
Amanda Ihara
"oh gosh this group passed me some jackson 5 vibes but guess what they have their own little twist but still they made me so nostalgic oof"

**
9. Thomas Webber
"OMG!!! I love this Family!!! They remind me of the Jackson 5 , but with Parents!!! Moma's got some pipes on her , and they all  sound Great!!! Total Respect for the Father!!! As far as I'm concerned ,they should have got the Golden Buzzer , that's my Opinion!!!"

**
10. justine swan
"Amazing! Not only the music, but the love, and good vibes that they radiate!! We need more of this in our world today!! "

**
11. OICU812
"They're like a cross between the Jackson 5 and the Partridge Family singing Stevie Wonder..."

**
12. Chris Lucas
"We finally got the next generation Jackson 5 group πŸ’πŸΎ‍♂"

*️*
13. Cecilia Rauth
"The Jackson 5 all over again, but with parents.  They all sound great, but that mama can really sing!πŸ‘πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

**
Reply
14, battle rap reactions
"The little  one can to"

**
15. June Berry
"As soon as I saw your outfits and hair I was hooked. I couldn't wait to see your performance. You didn't disappoint me! You guys were awesome!!!! πŸ’œ

**
Reply
16. The Curtis Family C-notes
"@June Berry  thank you! Papa C is our stylist and the children were blessed by the Hair Gods πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ½πŸ’œ"

**
Reply
17. Wizzy's Lounge TITAURE
"You are a breath of fresh air. Live from Zimbabwe... Africa. You colours are just earthy. Go family. Amazing vibes"

**
Reply
18. The Curtis Family C-notes
" @Wizzy's Lounge TITAURE  thank you so much! Wow! Zimbabwe!"

**
19, Jay Gordon
"Like the Jacksons, the Cowsills, and Partridge family rolled up into one, with a touch of Sly and the Family Stone."

**
20. Aaron Bierman
"I studied and worked at the music school in SF where Nola and Maestro teach (and where the kids take lessons). Wonderful family and they are such a joy to be around!"

**
Reply
21. The Curtis Family C-notes
"Thanks Aaron! CMC represent! We miss you at CMC! πŸ™πŸ½ best of luck bro!"

**
22. LifeOfEmmy
"Man I would go see them in concert in a heartbeat!!"

**
Reply
23. Eira Zea
"Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!! 😍πŸ₯°"

**
24. Eddie Jones
"I started following this family on Instagram about six months ago and I can tell you they are amazing musicians and singers. All the kids play multiple instruments. I am rooting for them and Good luck."

**
25. Dee Moe
"Earth, Wind & Fire “Family style” I love this wonderful musical family. They could open for any headliner on tour."

**
26. Sammy Spaniel
"The dad plays every instrument and taught the kids. He's a musical genius."

**
27. Mary Mary
"I miss when everyone dressed like this. So much color and fashion!"

**
Reply
28. Cheryl McKinney
"
I do!!! I wear natural Afro and I walk around with a huge Afro!!!! But let me tell you, it’s a lot of work with the froπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚"

**
Reply
 29. Jackie Maldonado
"@Cheryl McKinney  I would kill to have hair like that 😱😍"

**
Reply
30. Peggy Smyth
"And the awesome afros."

**
31. Nathaniel
"I always knew Zahara was talented. Go middle school bestie πŸ”₯"

**
Reply
32. Lowkey BTS
"Zahara says hi, I'm her younger sister Isis πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ"

**
33. Dee Moe
"Earth, Wind & Fire “Family style” I love this wonderful musical family. They could open for any headliner on tour."

**
34. Michelle Jones
"Yes!!!! That's exactly what I texted to the friend I shared this video with. Sly and the family Stone all day long🎡🎢🎼"

**
35. Bill Bowers
"There fantastic ! Love them. Wow they did that song justice"

**
36. Lai-Yee C.
"Amazing!  The energy and aura they have is out of this world!  Totally love their style and the vibes they give"

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome. 


1 comment:

  1. The biographical excerpt about The Curtis Family C-notes which is included in this post included the term "Irish twins". Here's some information about that term from https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/irish-twins/
    Irish twins
    or Catholic twins [ahy-rish twinz]
    "WHAT DOES IRISH TWINS MEAN?
    Irish twins is a slang expression for siblings born less than a year apart from each other. While some people intend it affectionately, it does stereotype Irish culture, making it mildly offensive.

    WHERE DOES IRISH TWINS COME FROM?

    Irish twins can name actual twins … who are Irish. As a slang term, however, Irish twins dates back to at least the 1850s.

    Early instances appears in American newspapers, suggesting the term coincides with the rise of Irish immigration to the US during the Great Famine—and xenophobic attitudes toward the newly arrived immigrants.

    The expression comes from the stereotype that Irish families have a lot of children and have them close together. One writer in the 19th-century even called Irish women “excellent brood wives.” The stereotype may well be Protestant in origin, as Irish twins are also called Catholic twins—the Irish traditionally being Catholic and birth control historically forbidden."...

    ReplyDelete