Translate

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Gracie's Corner - "I Love My Hair" (an animated video of Black children singing about their hair; with lyrics)



Gracie's Corner, August 28, 2020

Join Gracie as she visits friends and family in Middle Georgia to sing "I Love My Hair". No matter what anyone says, always be proud of your natural hair and beauty.

**** Edited by Azizi Powell This pancocojams post showcases a 2020 animated video of African American children singing "I Love My Hair". This post also includes the lyrics to that song. The content of this post is presented for cultural and entertainment purposes.
All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to the composer/s of this song and all those who are associated with this video. -snip- Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2021/05/sesame-street-song-i-really-love-my.html for the closely related pancocojams post entitled "Sesame Street: Song -- I Really Love My Hair (2010) And I Love My Hair Remix feat. H.E.R. (2020)"

Also, click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/02/sesame-streets-love-my-hair-willow.html for a closely related 2012 pancocojams post entitled "Sesame Street's Love My Hair & Willow Smith's Whip My Hair Videos".
****
LYRICS: I LOVE MY HAIR
(as sung by Gracie's Corner characters)

[Gracie speaking] There's so many features that make each of us special and unique. One of my favorite things is my hair. [Song begins] Ooh ooh ooh. Hey, hey, hey, yeah!
Look in the mirror and who do I see (Ee ah oh) The words in parenthesis are sung by one or more other children. Someone who's beautiful staring at me. (Ee ah oh} With smile so bright and sun kissed skin (Ee ah oh) The soul I have it starts from within. (Hey!Hey!) Living my life so freeee, (Hey hey!) Natural hair loves meee. (Hey hey!)
It doesn't matter if it's up or down (Hey hey!)
Proud of my hair cause it is my crown (Hey hey!)
My hair I love, I love, I love my hair! I love my hair (Hey!) Come along and sing with me Kinky, curly, cute (Hey!) I love my hair down to my roots (Hey!) Sweet like lemondade/ (Hey!) I love my hair in braids (Hey!) Oh yes down to my socks (Hey!) I love my hairs in locks (Hey!) Can't ever get enough (Hey!)
I love my afro puffs (Hey!)

(Hey!) Come along and sing with me I love, I love, I love my hair! I love my hair
My hair I love, I love, I love my hair! I love my hair (Hey!) Come along and sing with me Kinky, curly, cute (Hey!) I love my hair down to my roots (Hey!) Sweet like lemondade/ (Hey!) I love my hair in braids (Hey!) Oh yes down to my socks (Hey!) I love my hairs in locks (Hey!) Can't ever get enough (Hey!)
I love my afro puffs (Hey!)

(Hey!) Come along and sing with me I love, I love, I love my hair! I love my hair
-snip- This is my unofficial transcription of this song. Additions and corrections are very welcome.

**** Thanks for visiting pancocojams. Visitors comments are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. My Minnie like this song too much,thanks pancocojams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anonymous.

      And please thank Minnie for having good taste in music,

      Best wishes!

      Delete