Translate

Saturday, February 27, 2021

(1997 Haitian Creole Rap) King Posse - "Retounen" (video, information, & comments)


Emmanuel V, Dec 12, 2008

Statistics for this video as of Feb. 27, 2021 at  ET

Total number of views - 1,603,501
Total number of likes - 5.7K
Total number of dislikes - 440
Total number of comments - 808

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the official 1997 YouTube video "
Retounen" by the Haitian rap group King Posse.


This post also presents information about this song along with selected commetns from this video's discussion thread.

This content is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owner.

Thanks to King Posse for its music legacy. Thanks to all those who are associated with this video and all those who are quoted in this post. Thanks also to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT KING POSSE
From 
https://ht.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Posse [translated from Haitian Creole to English[
"
King Posse is a group of Haitian musicians . He plays this music: a mixture of rap , raga , folklore and compass that becomes a style of Haitian music. They dominate the carnival style.

History

King Posse was founded in 1994 in Petionville with five singers. They sing more in Creole. She released her debut album, Don't Beat Kow in December 1995. She was very popular in 1995.

In 1996 this group received the "Prix Révélation de l'anée" with its coolest meringue . More than 30,000 people bought it.

King Posse became a guest group for sports, carnival, and festival activities in Haiti and in the Haitian diaspora.

In 2015 King Posse has four studio albums and one live album. She sang at 16 carnivals, in music videos and a film from December 2015 inspired the title  Abandoned .

King Posse influenced many musicians.

Group members

Jamecy Alex Pierre as Black Alex [1]

Samuel Brutus as Samy B

Lucito Louis as Don Chow

Buddha Ranks

Robenson Joseph as Haitian Buju

Fred Lizaire as Manager

Roc hans as Maestro"...

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S DISCUSSION THREAD

Numbers are added for referencing purposes only.

1. Bell Lorde, 2008
"I was in 3rd grade so I was 8 going on 9 and I still remember the competition...Great times"

**
2. alez509, 2008
"yeah!! its true. that was in 97. i remember original rap staff made that song called ''tampa''. oh, that was the real competition back in the days. OMG, I was in    5th grade."

**
3. Rocky ROCK, 2010
"bon bagay"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English: "good thing"

**
4. jacques lordana, 2010
"franchman... m dako wi tout jounen yap goumen menm sim love hip hop kreyol men mesye yo anraje vre"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"frankly ... I agree yes all day they are fighting even sim love hip hop creole but the guys are really mad"

**
5. ricevans4life, 2009
"i love king posse with all my heart they still the best  .I love u guys so much R.I.P Louicito u r truly misse"

**
6. Daniel L., 2009
"STR8 CLASSIC"

**
7. DanieP1, 2009
"you right bro, King Posse is really good, se Backstreet Boys mwen mesier sa yo ye pou mwen, mwen ta renmen yon retou yo!"

-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"my Backstreet Boys are these guys for me, I would love a return!"

**
8. sexyjamesly, 2009
"KING POSSE a se HAITIAN BUJU,BLACK ALEX,SAMMY,BUDDAH,VANDAMME,DON SHOW,the group was perfect,perfect and i wish u guys could get back together one day,even though Don Show is out,that will be nice and u'll make a lot of people happy guys,trust me"

**
9. Eve Cine, 2012
"OmG!! such memories with that song. that was the first time my family took me to haiti for kanaval and i was 7 yrs and i remember jamming this song all my back to the states and i still do sometimes."

**
10. Rosey Florestal, 2012
"I miss these days, when it was all about music and self expression !!!! This reminds me of home so bad, when worries were the least of my problems!!! <3 Miss King Posse so bad!!! bless!"

**
11. WeBuild 4success, 2015
"When It Comes To These Moments Siw Pat Grandi Nan Ane 90's Yo An Ayiti I Feel Sorry For Y'all #NoneButGreatMemories"

-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English
Siw Pat Grandi Nan Ane 90's Yo An Ayiti ="If You Didn't Grow Up In The 90's In Haiti"

**
12. Dalton, 2015
"petionville stand up men group la papa RIP black la"

**
Reply
13. Clyforde Paul, 2015
"yes!!!"

**
14. suzeline Michel, 2015
“I don't think anyone who lived those years can ever forget the fun you gave us. RIP dude!”

**
Reply
15. Yarcen Carter, 2016
"suzeline Michel there will never be anything like king posse...and koudjay!! love these guys man. R.I.P BLACK ALEX!! R.I.P KESSY!! BLESS ALL THE OTHERS"

**
Reply
16. james bastien, 2016
"suzeline Michel a truly yes back in these day..Haiti best country I love my people's"

**
Reply
17. Nadege Joseph, 2019
"suzeline Michel I am watching it and m

I am remembering my youth I had so much fun"

**
Reply
18. Marc and Watson, 2021
"I didn't know those years but the memories I've had with my mom listening to these."

**
19. Mr top shot, 2015
"Damn King posse can never be replaced in Haiti"

**
Reply
20. Elizabeth Louise, 2020
"NEEEVVVERRRR"

**
21. Willy Millien, 2015
"RIP Black Alex you'll be missed"

**
Reply
22. Naomi M, 2015
"Missed in the biggest way. Part of my childhood.... 90's -11/13/15"

**
23. Islet Gedeon, 2015
"Sammy B+Budha Ranks+Don Shov (rip)+Haitian Buju+The Great Black Alex. The best ever."

**
24. Andrew Fenelus, 2015
"childhood memories that can never be erase, R.I.P Black Alex & Don Chov"

**
25. Clyforde Paul, 2015
"this the first rap creole i ever heard"

**
Reply
26. heat, 2015
"+Clyforde Paul (Cpaul0607)Maybe you were born in the 90's.you should check some MASTER J rap song."

**
Reply
27. Clyforde Paul, 2015
"+heat not interested.... was 7 when i saw this and im american born... so thats a plus... when i was 7 i prob would have went to school and no other haitian american born prob would even know who was was black alex"

**
28. Slaughter House Entertainment Company, 2015
"i remember these on vhs tapes lol"

**
Reply
29. Farah Joseph, 2015
"I sure do my mom had all the Haitian Kanaval on VHS. I grew up watching them all with her #memories"

**
Reply
30. Clyforde Paul, 2015
"i have this on vhs"

**
Reply
31. kimmi kim, 2018
"Slaughter House Entertainment Company yesss pitit with all the kanaval lolll unforgettable memories"

**
Reply
32. Mjdemon, 2019
"Only been to Haiti once. The vhs tapes are the only reason I know of King Posse. Hell, only reason I’m watching now is because I got home and heard some on the radio."

**
33. Tania Louis, 2015
"why am i crying?"

**
Reply
34. Clyforde Paul, 2015
"because he was the best"

**
Reply
35. Yarcen Carter, 2016
"Tania Louis lol..aww cause they were real! no drama..just fun..no crap..no hate..everyone forgot about their problems.. and just enjoyed themselves"

**
Reply
36. rose jenny, 2017
"I can definitely relate :( such a happy time!"

**
Reply
37. Goofy Duck, 2019
"Sound like you miss this timing in Haiti,don't cry 🤪"

**
Reply
38. Christvester Justa, 2019
"😥"

**
39. D'Faro, 2016
"these kids were amazing, I was like 4 to 5 during their time. I miss haiti, no matter where you are keep close to your culture. RIP Black Alex."

**
40. Creole Nubian, 2016
"My mom bought me the cassette & I locked myself in my room for weeks dancing in the mirror RIP manman I love & miss you always"

**
41. jd loyalty, 2016
"I was in jacmel,  about 10 years old when this group were popping"

**
42. Jeff Chery, 2016
"the best stay the best"

**
43. iamserda, 2017
"We actually thought that they broke up that year! I recall that I went to BoJeux Park(lol) that year and they were playing every other groups' song, and KING POSSE was not available. The DJ would instead play their 1996 track. Kids were always happier with King Posse's tracks even the old one. We were all waiting and waiting as the main even approaches but Nothing/Nada/Zip/Anyen. Maybe 10 days before the carnival, this videos came out on Telemax's (CH5) with Paul Villefranche and Nadine(she was hot). They started videomax claiming to have a great surprise for everyone. I guess it was meant to be. This was proof that their manager was a Marketing Genius. Listening to the song now, you can tell they planned all along. RIP to the members who died (Alex, Chov), and Thank you to this group. As far as entertainment is concerned, they truly represented their names. And believe me, the remixes were a lot more explosive. Thanks KP and Fred."

** 
44. Donna Love, 2017
"
I was 3 or 4 month old, I didn’t know anything about this song, but as I grew up I always hear my mom sang and danced to king Posse musics. So, even I don’t came from that generation but I’m still King Posse big fan"

**
45. Adeline Proverbs31, 2017
"I was in Haiti for this. I had so much fun. that's when carnaval was fun and safe."

**
46. Dolce Mateo, 2017
"
Finally found it!!! 🙌🏽 classic"

**
Reply
47. ALLY V, 2017
"
Lol I was looking for it for months"

**
48. GodAboveAll P, 2018
Anmweyyyyyy manvi kriye wi😣😣😣😣 podiab gade  atis mwn yo... group tout timoun tout granmoun t renmen wi.. mte genyn 6 ans lemap danse music sa wawwwww😍😍😍 I miss u "Black La" R.I.P legend😣 Samybi cheriiiiii😍😍😍😍 m telman kontan jwenn ansyen music sa yo anfin. Merci anpil Emmanuel (Janvier 2019) wawww apre on tan se yon lot, nou pap ka reviv bel moman sa yo anko... timoun konya ki fet sou ane 2000 pap konprann moman sa yo non
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"Anmweyyyyyy manvi cry wi😣😣😣😣 podiab look at my artists ... group all children all adults loved wi .. mte genyn 6 ans lemap dance music that wawwwww😍😍😍 I miss u "Black La" RIP legend😣 Samybi cheriiiiii I'm so happy to find these old music at last. Thank you very much Emmanuel (January 2019) wawww after a while it's a lot, we won't be able to relive these beautiful moments again ... konya children born in the year 2000 will not understand these moments"

**
49. Frandy Alexandre, 2018
"
Once upon a time in haiti😢😢"

**
50. WeBuild 4success, 2018
"Se yon nostalgi a chak fwa map tande mizik sa yo #Fan-KingPasse"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"It's a nostalgia every time I hear these #Fans-KingPasse music"

**
51. Pheonix Pride, 2018
"Such memories this song just brought me on my mind. You guys are forever immortal."


**
52. Marcus Prophete, 2018
"I remember exactly where I was when the video came out like it was yesterday . Can't believe black Alex and Don Chov are gone, may they rest in peace. Thank you King Posse for the great memories you have us"

**
43. Brunia Pilet, 2019
"
Wouyyy leu moun te kon pran ti plezi san betiz san bosal. 2020 still in love in King posse"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"Wouyyy leu people used to have little fun without ridicule without bosal. 2020 still in love in King posse"

**
44. GB PRODZ Vilamon Benithesse, 2019
"Cette chanson la reste toujours fraîche même en 2020.😂👍🇭🇹🔊🎼🎤🎧"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"This song still stays fresh even in 2020.😂👍🇭🇹🔊🎼🎤🎧"

**
45. Amedee Jean-baptiste, 2019
"Mwen kite manman ayiti an 97. Le mwen tande mizik yo mwen kriye. Mwen sonje peyi mwen. Bel moman nan lavi mwen"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"
I left my mother in Haiti in 1997. When I hear the music I cry. I remember my country. Beautiful moment in my life"

**
46. Beddie Brown, 2020
"
I prefer this type of music any day over kompa. R.I.P❤"

**
47. Annie Roy, 2020
"
Still listening during covid 19"

**
48. BEDOCESS Louicinor, 2020
"
Good and inoubliable époque ui mmmmm then RIP Black lan😭. supriise! Vinim palew, eskew konn ki gwo bout atis ki ekri légende kanaval saa bay KING POSSE titré RETOUNEN nan lané 1997? Ebyen se RICHARD CAVÉ. Respect for Richard. Like on me if you love. 


# aba Corona si nou kontinye lavé mains en nou and pas pati sans besoin# 


Gonaïves"
-snip-
Google translate from Haitian Creole to English:
"Good and unforgettable era ui mmmmm then RIP Black lan😭. surprise! Come on, do you know which great artist who wrote the legend of this carnival gave KING POSSE the title BACK in 1997? Well it's RICHARD CAVÉ. Respect for Richard. Like on me if you love.


# aba Corona if we continue to wash our hands and not leave unnecessarily #


Gonaives"

**
49. Between Young, 2021

"Black Alex killed it. RIP MY BROTHER.🇭🇹"

**
50. pesenG the best, 2021
"R.i.p black la😭😭😭"

**** 
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment