Translate

Friday, March 27, 2020

Johnny Drille featuring Simi - "Halleluya" (Nigerian Folk/alternative rock song with lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the 2018 Nigerian folk/alternative rock song "Halleluya" by Johnny Drille featuring Simi.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Johnny Drille and Simi for their musical legacies. Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to all those who are associated with this YouTube video.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT JOHNNY DRILLE
From https://mavinrecords.com/M/johnny-drille/
"John Ighodaro, better known as Johnny Drille was born and raised in Edo State, Nigeria. He is from a family of seven including a clergy father and mother. He graduated from the University of Benin in 2012 where he majored in English and Literature.

He is a folk/alternative singer, songwriter, producer, and sound engineer. He started out music from his father’s Church at a very early age, and learned to sing around his siblings especially his older sister. He then went on to teach himself music production around 2006 when he first began using cassette recorders.

He was a contestant on the 6th Edition of the MTN Project Fame Academy in 2013.
As an artist, Johnny had been putting out songs but they had gone unnoticed until January 2015 when he released his cover version of Di’ja’s ‘Awww’ which caught Don Jazzy’s attention. The Mavin Records’ huncho followed him on Twitter to commend him. That became his first contact with Mavin Records’ CEO.

The cover introduced him to more listeners. He followed it up with a personal composition, the Christian country/folksy song ‘Love Don’t Lie’ in June of the same year. August 12, 2015 saw the release of the massively accepted ‘Wait For Me’ that top topped most of the Nigerian alternative charts. In February of 2016, he released the folksy love song titled ‘My Beautiful Love’ which is in celebration of true love.

On his choice of the folk sound, he admits he didn’t start out with it as he had tried his hands at multiple genres of music including highlife, hip-hop, and even afro-pop but these didn’t work out until he figured out a way to stand out after coming across the music of the American folk band, Mumford & Sons."...
-snip-
According to Johnny Drille's Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Drille, he was born on July 5, 1990.
****
INFORMATION ABOUT SIMI
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simi_(singer)
"Simisola "Simi" Ogunleye (born April 19, 1988) is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and actress.[1][2] She started her career as a gospel singer, releasing her debut studio album in 2008, titled Ogaju.[3] She gained prominence in 2014 after releasing "Tiff", a song that was nominated for Best Alternative Song at The Headies 2015.[4] Simi signed a record deal with X3M Music in 2014, but left the label in May 2019 following the expiration of her contract.[5] She released her second studio album Simisola on September 8, 2017.[6][7] Her third studio album Omo Charlie Champagne, Vol. 1 was released to coincide with her thirty-first birthday on April 19, 2019.[1] She launched her record label Studio Brat in June 2019.[8]"...

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Johnny Drille - Halleluya ft. Simi ( Official Music Video )



MavinRecords, Aug 28, 2018
-snip-
Statistics as of March 27, 2020 at 6:58 PM EDT
Total views2,065,669 views
Total likes22K
Total dislikes-489
Total comments-1,446

****
LYRICS: HALLELUYA
(Johnny Drille)

Verse 1 – Johnny Drille]
I really like you and it’s true
There is only one, just you
I find it hard to say
I wish you knew I am on your instagram all day, Stalking you
You in my life, its all I’m hoping for
If you go be mine, yeh, na forever more
I wan talk my mind and say how I feel inside
But I fear you won’t, you won’t feel the same for me

[Chorus – Johnny Drille]
Oh if she loves me, Halleluya
If she say she love me, Halleluya
Oh if she loves me, Halleluya
If she say she love me, Halleluya

[Verse 2 – Simi]
I see the way he, the way he looks at me
I know the things he, the things he does for me
Boy if I could read your mind, I wonder if I’ll be inside
If you could be mine, I feel like I’ve been drinking wine
If you call me baby, me I no go mind o
I know you want me baby, make you talk your mind o
You see that I’ve been waiting, me I no go lie o, me I no go lie o
Maybe I’m just crazy, but

[Chorus – Simi]
I think he loves me, Halleluya
Oh if he loves me, Halleluya
One day he’ll tell me, Halleluya
I think he loves me, Halleluya

[Verse 3 – Johnny Drille & Simi]
I don dey love you for a long time my girl
E be like say you no know, say I care
I wish you knew what I’m feeling for you (Darling)
You’re so extraordinary and thats no ordinary thing

[Chorus – Johnny Drille & Simi]
You say you love me, Halleluya
My baby loves me, Halleluya
The way you love me, Halleluya
Because you love me, Halleluya
You say you love me, Halleluya
My baby loves me, Halleluya
The way you love me, Halleluya
Because you love me, Halleluya
You say you love me, Halleluya
My baby loves me, Halleluya
The way you love me, Halleluya
Because you love me, Halleluya

[Outro]
Halleluya

Posted in that video's discussion thread by Joseph Oluwapelumi, 2018

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment