Translate

Friday, February 28, 2020

Krypto9095 featuring D3Mstreet- "Woah" (video with explanations about some of the African American Vernacular English words in this song's lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part II of a three part pancocojams series on the African American Vernacular English word "woah" and the Hip Hop dance "[Hit the] Woah".

Part III showcases the official YouTube video and includes the lyrics for KRYPTO9095 FT. D3MSTREET's song "Woah" This is one of a number of songs that popularized the Woah dance.

Explanations for some of the African American Vernacular English words in that song are included in this post.

WARNING: This video and lyrics include the word "bi&tch" (fully spelled out) as well as the word "ho" and the word "thoth" which has the same meaning as "ho".

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2020/02/what-african-american-vernacular.html for Part I of this pancocojams series. Part I provides information about the meanings of the African American Vernacular English term "woah".

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2020/02/information-about-woah-dance-youtube.html for Part II of this pancocojams series. Part II presents some information about the [Hit the] Woah dance and showcases several YouTube videos of Woah dance battles.

****
The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and linguistics purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to Krypto9095 and D3Mstreet for this record. Thanks also to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SONG
From https://genius.com/Krypto9095-woah-lyrics
"Written By Krypto9095
Release Date: November 3, 2018

**
FstMario 254, 2019
"Woah! is a song made by a Youtuber by the name of Krypto9095, which gained major traction after DJ Dangerous publicised the WOAH! dance and challenged people to imitate it back in 2017."

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: KRYPTO9095 FT. D3MSTREET WOAH (OFFICIAL SONG TO WOAH DANCE)



krypto9095, Nov 3, 2018

****
LYRICS FOR "WOAH"
(as sung by Krypto9095 featuring D3MSTREET

[Verse 1: Krypto9095]
Woah Lookin' at my drip, lookin' at yo drip, (Woah)
Mommy look at me, ooh, I'm killin' it (Woah)
Swinging side to side and I'm killin' that (Woah)
Damn yo' girl so fine, but her breath is like (Woah)
She said she wanna dance but she don't know how to (Woah)
I'm iced out, ooh, lookin' like a star (Woah)
Her name is Jenny, ooh, bi&ch* don't have no panties (Woah)
I'm Steph Curry, when I hit the three, I hit the (Woah)
Pause, Lean, Hit you with the (Woah)
I'm saucy, ooh, she don't like me (Woah)
She flexin' on the Gram, but her booty flat (Woah)
Cha, cha, cha, cha, cha, cha! (Woah)

[Verse 2: D3MSTREET]
Tryna' save some money but I need me some more Louis V (Woah)
She said "take a statement" so I bought me some more jewelery (Woah)
I like wearing off white but I'm black, it's cool with me (Woah)
Don't say that she a thot (how you know?) she went to school with me (Woah)

[Verse 3: D3MSTREET]
Heard you're playing for keeps, uh, bought her a Patek Philippe (Woah)
Heard you're paying for cheap, uh, I spent like thirty K each (Woah)
Diamonds all white, ya, looks like I dipped 'em in bleach (Woah)
Hit on my ward and I flee, ice on my neck is like negative three (Woah)
Up ten times I done turn up and I hit yo' hoe (Woah)
Ain't no Average Joe, ooh, born in '94 (Woah)
She wanna go on a date, uh, I gave her chicken to go (Woah)
Fur chinchill' on my coat, uh, she want it bad Yeah yeah (Woah)

[Verse 4: D3MSTREET]
Uh, got that drip, boy, I'm dripped in Louis (Woah)
Uh, this is D3, you only see in 2D (Woah)
Uh, do not sleep on me, better get a Snookie (Woah)
Uh, my ice is TLC, man that bi&ch* was chilly (Woah)
Uh, "bang bang bang" like the clip do (Woah)
I'll be sellin like the jists do
[?] (Woah)
She wan' play with karma when it come back to you
Damn, flip a bean like [?] (Woah)
Aye, hit that Woah like my wrist do (yeah yeah!)

Source: From https://genius.com/Krypto9095-woah-lyrics

****
EXPLANATIONS FOR SOME OF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN VERNACULAR ENGLISH WORDS IN THIS SONG
(with numbers added for referencing purposes only)
1. Drip
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Drip
"Drip
When your bling is iced out but that sh&t* melting from all your hot bars, you got the drip.

Just another word for immense swag.
Guy 1:"Yo, that new rapper got the drip."
Guy 2: "For real yo, he drippin."
#sauce, swag, juice

by E.,Rizzy April 06, 2017
-snip-
Here are some explanations for that definition:
a. "Bling" = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bling-bling
“Bling-bling, often shortened to just bling, is a slang term popularized in hip hop culture, referring to flashy, ostentatious, or elaborate jewelry and ornamented accessories that are carried, worn, or installed, such as cell phones or tooth caps. The term was first used in a rap by Dana Dane in "Nightmares" on Dana Dane with Fame in 1987 referring to the sound effect of tinkling bells that was used on cartoon shows to demonstrate the shininess and desirability of gold coins, money, jewelry or gems when they were displayed on-screen. It was later popularized by Cash Money Millionaires in the song "Bling Bling" in 1999”

**
b. ice out/ice http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/ice-out
"ice out
adjective
when used in the past tense ("iced out,") it means wearing ice (diamonds or other jewelry) or having ice attached to something."

**
c. hot bars
From https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hot%20bars
"hot bars (music(
1) Term used in music, particularly hip hop. It is a witty line, or slick rhyme.

2) A song by Felt
-That rapper spits hot bars, man! I love his rhymes.

-I spit hot bars, i spit on cop cars,
I spit game to the chicks that belong to rock stars,
Got the goods, uptown to Hollywood,
So what you don't like us, your girl probably would.

"Hot Bars" by Felt
#line#rhyme#rap#witty#slick
"
by new_Faction February 20, 2011

**
d. swag
From https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/what-does-swag-mean
..."That's a slang word that refers to stylish confidence. It shows up in songs ("Check out my swag, yo / I walk like a ballplayer"—Jay Z) and social media hashtags, but this word derives from swagger"...

****
2. The word "mommy" in Krypto9095 featuring D3Mstreet- "Woah" means "woman" and not the standard definition for "mother".

****
This concludes Part III of this three part pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment