Translate

Monday, January 20, 2020

(Nigerian Gospel Singer) Sinach - "I Know Who I Am" (official video & lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases the song "I Know Who I Am" by Sinach. This song is sung entirely in English.

Information about Sinach is included in this video along with the official video of this song and this song's lyrics.

The content of this post is presented for religious, cultural, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyright remains with their owners.

Thanks to Sinach for her musical legacy and thanks to all those who are associated with this video/song. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks for publishing this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT SINACH
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinach
"Osinachi Joseph (née Kalu)[1][2] popularly known by the mononym Sinach, is a Nigerian-born gospel music singer, songwriter, and senior worship leader at Loveworld. She is known globally for several gospel hits songs which include, "Way Maker", "I Know Who I Am", "Great Are You Lord", "Rejoice", "He Did It Again", "Precious Jesus", "The Name of Jesus", "This Is my Season", "Awesome God", "For This", "I Stand Amazed", "Simply Devoted" and "Jesus is Alive".[3][4] In 2017, she was inducted into the Bethlehem Hall of Fame, joining Dwayne Johnson, Pope Benedict XVI and a host of other internationally recognized celebrities on the listed.[5]

On 7 March 2019, Sinach became the first Gospel singer from Nigeria to obtain over 100 million views of a single video on YouTube, and the third Nigerian to achieve that feat, next to Davido and Yemi Alade, who achieved the same feat in December, 2018. She achieved this with her song, Way Maker.[6]

[...]

Sinach hails from Ebonyi State, Eastern Nigeria,

[...]

Speaking on how she came by her stage name Sinach, she said: “I chose that from my name Osinachi because it is easy to pronounce and catchy”. [14]

In 2016, Sinach was the first recipient of the LIMA Songwriter of the Decade Award, recognizing her contribution to gospel music in the previous decade. Her songs were being sung in many countries, [15] translated to many languages, around the world.[16] That same year, she received the African Achievers' Award for Global Excellence.[17] Also that same year, for the second time in a row,[18] she won the Western Africa Artist Of The Year by Groove Awards in Kenya, and was listed by YNaija alongside Chris Oyakhilome, Enoch Adeboye as one of the Top 100 Influential Christians in Nigeria.[19]

As a songwriter, Sinach has written over 200 songs and won several awards. Her song ‘This Is Your Season' won the Song of the Year award in 2008. One of her most popular songs is 'I Know Who I Am'.[20]

Sinach has performed and headlined concerts in over 50 countries [21] including Kenya, Dominica, South Africa, United States, Canada, Antigua & Barbuda, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Grenada, Uganda, Barbados, The British Virgin Islands, Zambia, Saint Maarten, the United Kingdom and India [22]"...
-snip-
Here's some information about the name "Osinachi" from https://onlinenigeria.com/nigeriannames/ad.php?topic=OSINACHI&blurb=468
"OSINACHI translates to "COMES FROM GOD" in English. It is common with the IGBO tribe in Nigeria and primarily used by Males."
-snip-
The element "chi" is found in many Igbo names. Click https://youngafrikanpioneers.wordpress.com/2014/03/20/chi-in-igbo-cosmology/ for an article by Nigerian novelist/writer Chinua Achebe entitled "Chi in Igbo cosmology".

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: SINACH - I KNOW WHO I AM (official video)



Sinach, Oct 7, 2015
-snip-
Statistics as of January 20, 2020 as of 8:38 AM ET
total # of views -69,496,700
total likes- 253K
total dislikes - 21K
total comments – 11,648

****
LYRICS: I KNOW WHO I AM
(Sinach)

We are a chosen generation
We've been called forth to show His excellence
All I require for life, God has given me
And I know who I am

[2x]
I know who God says I am
What He says I am
Where He says I'm at
I know who I am

[2x]
I'm walking in power,
I'm working miracles
I live a life of favor,
For I know who I am

[Repeat from the top]

Oh oh oh, oh oh oh
I know who I am
[Repeat]

I am holy,
I am righteous oh…
I am so rich,
I am beautiful

[2x]
I'm walking in power,
I'm working miracles
I live a life of favor,
For I know who I am

Take a look at me. I'm a wonder
It doesn't matter what you see now
Can you see His glory?
For I know who I am
[Repeat]

[2x]
Oh oh oh, oh oh oh
I know who I am


These lyrics were posted in the embedded video's discussion thread by Letícia Sales, 2017

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment