Translate

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Benjamin Dube - Ketshepile Wena (South African Gospel) with lyrics

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases a video example of and song lyrics for the South African Gospel song "Ketshepile Wena".

The content of this post is presented for religious and aesthetic reasons.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Benjamin Dube for his musical legacy. Thanks also to all of the other vocalists and musicians for their performances. Thanks also all those quoted in this post and thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Benjamin Dube - Ketshepile Wena



Spirittunez, Uploaded on Dec 6, 2010

The legendary Benjamin Dube performs at the latest 'Spirit Of Praise' event.

****
LYRICS: KETSHEPILE WENA
Ketshepile Wena, Ketshepile Wena (I trust in you, I trust in you)
Ketshepile Wena, wena fela (I trust in you, you God)
Gareng ga matlhomola,gareng ga ditsietsi, (In the midst of problems,in the midst of troubles) Ketshepile Wena, wena fela (I trust in you, you God)

(Second part sung in Sotho) Sawulahlela Ekhalvari, Umthwalo wezono zami (It was washed away in Calvary, the weight of my sins)
Wanyamalala, Wanyamalala, umthwalo wezono zami (It is gone, it is gone, the weight of my sins)

Source: comment by giawilli, 2014 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0MndUiAa4 [video found above]

-snip-
First part in Sotho:
Ketshepile wena= I trust in you
Second part in Zulu:
Wanyamalala umthwalo wezono zami= The luggage of my sins disapeared.
Sawulahlela eCalvary= Thrown to Calvary

Source: comment by Lulamile Nyamazana, 2014 on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0MndUiAa4 [video found above]

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome

2 comments:

  1. Can I be helped with the pronunciation it's really giving me a hard time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Unknown.

      I can't help with the pronunciation of these Zulu words except tp link to this online zulu pronunciation guide https://isizulu.net/p11n/.

      Best wishes.

      Delete