Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pharrell Williams - "Happy", from Despicable Me 2 (video, lyrics, and comments)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases a video of "Happy" from the American movie "Despicable Me 2" "Happy" is one of four songs (as of January 29, 2014) that are nominees for the best original song Oscar at the 86th Academy Awards. The other nominees are "Let It Go" from Frozen, "The Moon Song" from Her and "Ordinary Love" from Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.

This post also includes information about Pharrell Williams, the song's composer and vocalist. The lyrics for this song are also included in this post.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, inspirational, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Pharrell Williams for his musical legacy. Thanks also to the producer of this video, and to all the other persons who are featured in video. Thanks also to the transcribers of this song and the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT PHARRELL WILLIAMS, WITH SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON THE SONG "HAPPY"
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharrell_Williams
"Pharrell Williams (born April 5, 1973), also known as Pharrell, is an American singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, fashion designer, and drummer. Williams and Chad Hugo make up the record production duo The Neptunes, producing soul, hip hop and R&B music...As part of The Neptunes, Williams has produced numerous hit singles for various musicians.[3] Williams has earned seven Grammy Awards including two with The Neptunes...

In July 2010, Williams composed the soundtrack to the movie Despicable Me, produced by Hans Zimmer and recorded with the Hollywood Studio Symphony...

Williams penned three new original songs, included alongside composer Heitor Pereira's score, for the sequel Despicable Me 2. These were "Just a Cloud Away", "Happy", and "Scream" (featuring Cee Lo Green). His two original songs from the first film were also reprised on the soundtrack - "Despicable Me" and "Fun, Fun, Fun".[30]

In November 2013, Pharrell released the first 24-hour music video to his Despicable Me 2 collaboration song, "Happy". Guest appearances included Magic Johnson, Steve Carrell, Jimmy Kimmel, Jamie Foxx, Steve Martin, Odd Future, Miranda Cosgrove, Janelle Monáe, and many others.[38] It has received approximately 5.5 million views as of Christmas Day, 2013.[39]

It was announced in December 2013 that Williams had been nominated for seven Grammy Awards, including Producer of the Year.[40] In the same month, a press release from Columbia Records announced that Pharrell had signed a contract with the label and is releasing an album in 2014, featuring the single "Happy" from the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack.[2] For this song, Pharrell has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song."

****
LYRICS: HAPPY
(Pharrell Williams)

Verse 1:]
It might seem crazy what I’m about to say
Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break
I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way

[Hook:]
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

[Verse 2:]
Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don’t hold back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I’ll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don’t waste your time
Here’s why

[Hook]

Hey, come on

[Bridge:]
(happy)
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
I said (let me tell you now)
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing bring me down
I said

[Hook 2x]

Hey, come on

(happy)
Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down… my level's too high…
Bring me down… can’t nothing…
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)

[Hook 2x]

Come on

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pharrellwilliams/happy.html

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video)



iamOTHER, Published on Nov 21, 2013

Performed by Pharrell Williams
Written and Produced by Pharrell Williams
Background Vocals performed by Rhea Dummett, Trevon Henderson, Ashley L. Lee, Shamika Hightower, Jasmine Murray and Terrence...

From the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack. Check out http://24hoursofhappy.com to experience the world's first 24 hour music video! Directed by We Are From L.A.

****
SELECTED COMMENTS FROM THIS VIDEO'S VIEWER COMMENT THREAD
Here are some comments from this video's viewer comment thread, including times for celebrity cameo appearances:
(WARNING: Like many other YouTube video threads, this comment thread contains profanity.)

2014
Cara Fears
"This is the best "happy" dance song I've heard in a long time. With all the bad news in the world, this song lifts your spirits. Good song Mr. Williams (and everyone elsed who worked on it). We needed this one!"
**
missletie8383
"I dare you to watch/listen to this song and not feel HAPPY or at least have a smile after this song! It sure brought up my attitude :)"
**
Den Ali1
"how great is this song. Its just all around surround me with goodness perfect. As Celiz Cruz said "la vida es un carnival." HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!"
**
Erin Kinchin
"The song that makes you feel great first thing in the morning. A must listen to start your day right!!!!"
**
Marty McNamara
"Take a bow Pharrell & Co. You've nailed it. Keep rollin' in this direction guys. Hats off to the production crew. :)"
**
Rose Lentine
"kelly osborn in this video @ 2:52... (girl with purple hair) this song always makes me feel uplifted! I love the ole style jam combined with newer age!"
**
Ezequiel Cai
"0:43 Miranda Cosgrove
2:49 Magic Jhonson(?)
2:56 Steve Carell :D"
**
Oriente Nulli Secundus
"2:23 the guy from the black keys lonely boy video"
**
ismail çiftci
"00:30 revolution aaron"
**
Isak Osman
"2:31 Jimmy Kimmel? Is that you?"
**
jadon netschi
"Tyler the creator and earl sweatshirt "
**
idocta12
"0:48 TYLER, EARL & JASPER <3 too dope.
-snip-
"dope"= very cool (very good) ; "too dope" = really very cool

****
UPDATE: 2/2/2014
The song from the movie "Frozen" won the best song Oscar, but I believe that
Pharrell's song made the audience the happiest.

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment