Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Walter Hawkins Singers, Kim Burrell - "Thank You Lord For All You've Done For Me"

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post is Part IV of a four part series which features a sampling of African American religious songs of thanks.

Part IV of this series features the song "Thank You Lord (for all you've done for me).

Part I of this series features the song "Thank You Jesus (for my journey)". Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/11/thank-you-jesus-for-my-journey-videos.html for that post.

Part II of this series features a 1949 sound file & transcription of the Blues sounding Gospel song "I Thank You Jesus (Sure 'Nough I Do) by Marie Knight. Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/11/marie-knight-i-thank-you-jesus-sure.html for that post.

Part III of this series features an arrangement of the Gospel song "I Just Want To Thank You Lord". Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/11/i-just-want-to-thank-you-lord-video.html for that post.

The content of this post is presented for religious, historical, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

****
FEATURED VIDEOS & SONG LYRICS
Example #1: Walter Hawkins - Thank You Lord (for all you've done)



convertedheart, Uploaded on Jun 25, 2009
Artist(s): Walter Hawkins
Song: Thank You
Album: Love Alive IV (LIVE)
Year of Album Release: 1990
Record Label: Malaco

This is an oldie goldie...a classic from way back! I can still listen to this song for hours on end.

We should always be thankful, NOT thankful for everything, but THANKFUL IN everything!

Remember, "....In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1st Thessalonians 5:18
-snip-
LYRICS:Thank You (Lord For All You've Done For Me) Lyrics
Verse 1:
Tragedies are common place.
All kind of diseases, People Are Slipping Away.
Economies down, people can't get enough pay,
As for me, all I can say is,
"Thank you, Lord for all you've done for me".

Verse 2:
Folks without homes living out in the streets
And the drug habit some say, They just can't beat.
Muggers and robbers, no place seems too safe,
But you've been my protection every step of the way
And I want to say, "Thank you, Lord
For all you've done for me".

Chorus:
(It could have been me) Thank you,
(Outdoors) Thank you,
(With no food) Thank you,
(And no clothes) Thank you,
(Or left alone) Thank you,
(Without a friend) Thank you,
(Or just another number) Thank you,
(with a tragic end) Thank you, Lord.
(But you didn't see fit) Thank you,
(To let none of these things be) Thank you,
('Cause everyday by your power) Thank you,
(You keep on keeping me) Thank you;
(And I want to say) Thank you Lord for all you've done for me.

Repeat chorus.

Vamp 1:
I wana thank you for your love (Thank you).
Thank you for your power (Thank you)
Thank you for protection (Thank you)
Every Hour (Thank you).
Vamp 2:
(I wanna thank you for your love) Thank you,
(I Wanna thank you for power) Thank you,
(Thank you for protection) Thank you,
(Every hour) Thank you.

Lead Ad libs to the end of the song while the choir says "Thank you"

Online source: http://www.6lyrics.com/thank_you_lord_for_all_you_ve_done_for_me-lyrics-walter_hawkins.aspx
(With minor revisions & formatting)

****
Example #2: Thank you Lord For All You've Done For Me



u1ray, Uploaded on Dec 20, 2009

Walter Hawkins And the Love Centre Choir - Love Alive 25th Anniversary Reunion

****
Kim Burrell "Thank You Lord"



NJAggieBoi02, Uploaded on Jun 20, 2006

Kim Burrell sings "Thank You Lord" in honor of the Hurriacane [sic] Katrina Victims

****
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND THANKS
Thanks to Walter Hawkins for composing this song & other Gospel songs. My thanks to the arrangers, vocalists, and musicians that are featured in these videos. Thanks also to the uploaders of this sound file and these videos.

Finally, thank you for visiting pancocojams.

Viewer comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment