Translate

Monday, May 29, 2023

Children's Recreational Rhymes That Include The Name Chris Brown

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post presents information about the African American celebrity Chris Brown.

This post also presents all of the examples of children's recreational rhymes that I have come across that include the name "Chris Brown".  

The content of this post is presented for folkloric, cultural, and entertainment purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those whose examples are quoted in this post.
-snip-
Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/08/playground-rhymes-that-include-names-of_30.html "Names Of Famous People In Children's Recreational Rhymes (Part II- rhymes whose titles begin with A-L" and http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/08/playground-rhymes-that-include-names-of_54.html  "Names Of Famous People In Children's Recreational Rhymes (Part II- rhymes whose titles begin with M-Z)"

Please share examples of children's recreational rhymes that you know that mention Chris Brown and/or other celebrities.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT CHRIS BROWN 
Excerpt #1
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brown
"
Christopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. According to Billboard, Brown is one of the most successful R&B singers of his generation,[2][3]

[...]

Brown has sold over 197 million records worldwide, making him one of the world's best-selling music artists. He is also one of the highest-grossing African American touring artists of all time.[22] Brown has the most Billboard Hot 100 entries of any male singer in history;[23] as well as the most top 40 hits of any R&B singer in history.[24] Brown was also ranked third on Billboard's top R&B/Hip-Hop artists of the 2010s decade chart, behind Drake and Rihanna in first and second, respectively.[25] Throughout his career, Brown has won several awards, including a Grammy Award, eighteen BET Awards, four Billboard Music Awards, and fourteen Soul Train Music Awards. Brown has also pursued an acting career. In 2007, he made his on-screen feature film debut in Stomp the Yard, and appeared as a guest on the television series The O.C. Other films Brown has appeared in include This Christmas (2007), Takers (2010), Think Like a Man (2012), and Battle of the Year (2013) and She Ball (2020)."...
-snip-
Chris Brown is also known for his contemporary dancing skills as noted in Excerpt #2.

****
Excerpt #2
From https://www.capitalxtra.com/artists/chris-brown/lists/dancing-in-music-videos/ 12 Moments That Prove Chris Brown’s Dance Moves Are Out Of This World" [no author or publishing date were given with this article. This article was retrieved on May 29, 2023.)
..."As far as performers go, Chris Brown is a triple threat.

He's got one of the most distinctive voices in modern R&B, he's appeared on the big and small screen, and his epic dance moves take centre stage in most of his music videos.

Breezy has been blowing people away with his dancing since his career debut 'Run It' in 2005 and, 12 years later, his routines are still as slick as ever."...
-snip-
"Breezy" is Chris Brown's nickname.

****
EXAMPLES OF RECREATIONAL RHYMES THAT MENTION CHRIS BROWN
These examples are given in chronological order based on the first letter of the example's title. I added italics for the first use of Chris Brown's name in each of these examples.
 

I LOVE COFFEE I LOVE TEA
I love coffe I love tea
I love Chris Brown and he loves me
I met my boyfriend at the candy store He brought me ice cream He brought me cake
He brought me home with a bellyache Momma Momma I feel sick Call the doctor quick quick quick Docter Docter will I die Count to five and you will be alive
12345 I'm alive 678910 I'm dead again
-shima, http://www.streetplay.com/discus/, March 13, 2007 [This link is no longer accessible.]

 ****

I'M A PRETTY FIRST GRADER (Example #1)
 I am a pretty __ first grader
As pretty as can___ be be.
My boyfriend's name is__ Chris Brown
He lives in Ala__bama.
One day when I was___walking
I saw my boyfriend __ talking
To the ugliest girl in the whole wide world.
And this is what he said.
I K-I-S-S
I M-I-S-S miss you.
I L-O-V-E love you.
ABCDEFG
Get your black hands off of me.
I K-I-S-S Kiss you!
-Naijah S. (African American female, 9 years old; Hazelwood section of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania); January 14, 2011; Collected by Azizi Powell 1/14/2011
-snip-
The dash indicates that the chanter paused for one beat.

****
I'M A LITTLE ____  GRADER (Example #2)
for swing swing swing our school did this

c,c,c at the bottom of the c
im a little (whatever grade or age) pretty as can be be
and all the boys around my blox are fightin over me me
my boyfriends name is CHRIS BROWN!
He lives in alabama with 25 toes and a big fat nose and this is how my story goes
see my pinky see my thumb see my fist you better run hold up wait come back you needa tic tac not one not two but the whole six pack
not ya mama not ya daddy but ya bald headed granny she wish she wish she wish she had hair like this
-Lauren, 2020, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEcsIfe6lU&t=1s "90’s hands games !!!!!" published by Geneas, Nov. 2018
-snip-
The discussion thread for this video and Part II of this video isn't affected by YouTube's prohibition on comments for children's videos because no children are featured in the videos. 

****
MAMA MAMA CAN'T YOU SEE
I thought it was mama mama can’t you see look what Chris brown did to me he too away my tv now I can’t watch BET he took away my mini skirt now I can’t go out to flirt he has some bubblegum I ask him can I have some he looked at me like I was dumb so I shot him with my BB gun
-Kay, 2020, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zEcsIfe6lU&t=1s "90’s hands games !!!!!" published by Geneas, Nov. 2018

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment