Translate

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Sesame Street: Song -- I Really Love My Hair (2010) And I Love My Hair Remix feat. H.E.R. (2020)



Sesame Street - Oct. 12, 2010

****
VIDEO #2

Sesame Street, July 16, 2020

****
Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a 2010 animated video of Sesame Street puppets singing "I Love My Hair". The lyrics for that song are also included in this post.

This post also showcases a 2020 video of African American singer H. E. R. performing a remix of "I Love My Hair" on the Not-Too-Late-Show with Elmo.


The content of this post is presented for cultural and entertainment purposes.
All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Joey Mazzarino, the composer of this song and thanks to all those who are associated with these videos.
-snip-
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2021/05/gracies-corner-i-love-my-hair-animated.html for the closely related pancocojams post entitled "Gracie's Corner - "I Love My Hair" (an animated video of Black children singing about their hair; with lyrics)."

Also, click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2012/02/sesame-streets-love-my-hair-willow.html for a closely related 2012 pancocojams post entitled "Sesame Street's Love My Hair & Willow Smith's Whip My Hair Videos".

Update: May 7, 2021
One trend in Black girls hairstyles that has occurred since Sesame Street's 2010 "I Really Love My Hair" song is braided hair extensions that include neon colored weaves.  
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2021/05/trends-in-black-girls-hairstyles-sho.html for the pancocojams post entitled "Trends In Black Girls' Hairstyles: Sho Madjozi Hairstyles (South African Singer/Rapper Sho Madjozi's Influence On Black Girls' Hairstyles)".

****
LYRICS: I REALLY LOVE MY HAIR
(Joey Mazzarino)

Don’t need a trip to the beauty shop,
’cause I love what I got on top.
It’s curly and it’s brown and it’s right up there!
You know what I love? That’s right, my hair!
I really love my hair.
I love my hair. I love my hair.
There’s nothing else that can compare with my hair.
I love my hair, so I must declare:
I really, really, really love my hair.
Wear a clippy or in a bow
Or let it sit in an afro
My hair looks good in a cornrow
It does so many things you know, that’s why I let it grow
I love my hair, I love my hair
I love it and I have to share
I love my hair, I love my hair!
I want to make the world aware I love my hair.
I wear it up. I wear down. I wear it twisted all around.
I wear braids and pigtails too.
I love all the things my hair can do.
In barrettes or flying free, ever perfect tresses you’ll see
My hair is part of me, an awesome part of me
I really love my hair!


[The online source I used for these lyrics in 2012 is no longer available.]  

-snip-
I've read that a number of people think that the vocalist for this song is Willow Smith. However, the actual vocalist is Chantylla "Chauncey" Johnson, a young African American actress who has worked with The Lion King production. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Chantylla_Johnson

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment