Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Irene Cara - "Out Here on My Own" (from the 1980s Movie "Fame" video, information, & lyrics)


pablo machado, Dec 12, 2009

****
This pancocojams post showcases the 1980 song "Out Here On My Own" as sung by Irene Cara in the movie Fame.

A YouTube video of this song is featured in this post along with information about this song and its lyrics.

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.


Thanks to Lesley Gore and Michael Gore for writing and composing the music for this song. Thanks to Irene Cara for singing this song and thanks to all those associated with the movie Fame. Thanks also to all those quoted in this post and thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube. 
 
****
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SONG
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_Here_on_My_Own
" "Out Here on My Own" is a ballad from the 1980 musical film Fame, performed by Irene Cara. It was written by sibling songwriting duo Lesley Gore (lyricist) and Michael Gore (composer).[1] The song was produced by Michael Gore, and published by MGM BMI/Variety ASCAP.[2] Cara performed the song at the 1981 Academy Awards, where it was nominated for Best Original Song.[3] The song was released on the soundtrack to the 1980 film Fame, which also contains an instrumental version of the track.[4]

[…]

Dance Magazine wrote "The lyrics to “Fame”, “Out Here on My Own" and “I Sing the Body Electric” became anthems for young p Awards and nominations

[…]

The song was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song. This was the first time two songs from the same film had both been nominated in this category. Fame went on to win the prize over Out Here on My Own, though both became hit singles of 1980.erformers following their passions"….

****
LYRICS- "OUT HERE ON MY OWN"

[Verse 1]

Sometimes I wonder where I've been

Who I am

Do I fit in?

Make believing is hard alone

Out here on my own

 

[Verse 2]

We're always proving who we are

Always reaching for that rising star

To guide me far

And shine me home

Out here on my own

 

[Chorus]

When I'm down and feeling blue

I close my eyes so I can be with you

Oh, baby, be strong for me

Baby, belong to me

Help me through

Help me need you

 

[Verse 3]

Until the morning sun appears

Making light of all my fears

I dry the tears

I've never shown

Out here on my own

 

[Chorus]

But when I'm down and feeling blue

I close my eyes so I can be with you

Oh, baby, be strong for me

Baby, belong to me

Help me through

Help me need you

 

[Verse 1]

Sometimes I wonder

Where I've been

Who I am

Do I fit in?

I may not win

But I can't be thrown

Out here on my own

[Outro]

Out here on my own

 

Out Here On My Own was sung by Irene Cara, who portrayed Coco Hernandez in “Fame.”

The song peaked at #19 on the Billboard Hot 100 and also peaked at #20 on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary chart.

From https://genius.com/Irene-cara-out-here-on-my-own-lyrics

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment