Translate

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Deacon Otis Wicknine & The Starlight Echoes - "Don't Let The Corona Get On Ya" (Part I- Video & Lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part I of a two part pancocojams series that showcases the funny/serious song "Don't Let The Corona Get On Ya" by Deacon Otis Wicknine & The Starlight Echoes. This song is sung in the old school African American Gospel Quartet style.

Part I presents the YouTube video of "Don't Let The Corona Get On Ya" and lyrics for that song.

Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2020/04/deacon-otis-wicknine-starlight-echoes_9.html for Part II of this pancocojams series. Part II presents the YouTube video of "Don't Let The Corona Get On Ya" and features some comments from that video's discussion thread.

The content of this post is presented for health education, cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Deacon Otis Wicknine, The Starlight Echoes, SKD Tv, and all others who were involved in composing this song, making this video, and publishing it on YouTube.
-snip-
Click https://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2020/04/deacon-otis-wicknine-stay-home-video.html for another pancocojams post showcasing Deacon Otis Wicknine.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: DEACON OTIS WICKNINE sings "Don't Let The Corona Get On Ya"



SKD Tv, Mar 20, 2020

SKD Entertainment comedian and Recording Artist, Deacon Otis Wicknine....gives a special warning....
-snip-
Statistics as of April 9, 2020 at 6:28 EDT
total # of views- 1,743,816 views
total # of likes-27K
total # of dislikes-943
total # of comments-783
-snip-
This message is given on this video's page prior to the video itself:
COVID-19
Get the latest information from the CDC about COVID-19.

Learn More: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

See more resources on Google. [This is given as a hyperlink.]

****
LYRICS - DON'T LET THE CORONA GET ON YA
(as sung by Deacon Otis Wicknine & The Starlight Echoes)

[Spoken introduction by Lead singer, Deacon Otis Wicknine]
Yes. I got the need to write this song
About the PROBLEM we’re havin
in our town.
Listen!

[begins singing]
Dont Let The Corona Ah Git On YA
Dont Let The Corona Ah Git On YA
Uh hun
You gotta do the best you can
Make sure you wash your hands,
And then dont let Coronta, Ah git on ya.
Starlight Echoes help me sing.

[Starlight Echoes (Group) sings in the background along with the lead singer]
Lead -I said Dont
Group-Dont let Corona get on ya. [repeat several times with the lead singer interjecting or singing along with the group of background singers]
Lead – Yes
Ah let Corona ah get on ya.
Ah Ah
Ah said dont let corona
Dont let corona get on ya.
Weeeelll, You gotta do
Lead & Group sing – You gotta do the best you can
Make sure you wash you hands.
Lead - Chulrun, don’t let Corona get on ya!!!
[Group singing at the same time as the Lead] - Don't let Conona get on ya.

Lead speaking- Now listen to this here.
I may not work for the government.
I may not have a doctor’s degree.
But this here is common sense.
When you cough, and when you sneeze
Cover your mouth and put it in your sleeve.
That will help the rest of us,
From catching the Corona disease.
Ohhh-

Group- Dont let corona get on ya!!!
Lead speaking- Ah ha ha ha. It’s a serious thing, y’all.
Lead & Group- Don’t let Corona get on ya!!!
Lead speaking in tongues - Shahabena [or approximate sounds]
Lead -Welll
Lead & Group- You gotta do the best you can
Lead – Yeahh
Lead & Group - Make sure you wash your hands.
Lead – Oh chulrun!
Lead - Don’t let Corona – yes sir-get on ya!!!
Group sings at the same time as Lead- Don’t let Corona get on ya!!!
Group- hums
Lead speaks- Yeah I want y’all to do this- keep it away
Group- Keep it away from me.
Lead -Keep it away from me!!!
Group- Keep it away from me.
Lead - Keep it away from me!!!
Lead- I don’t really care
Group- Keep it away from me!!!
Lead – for it to be sittin on top of me.
Group- Keep it away from me!!!.
Lead- Hoppin all over the air.
Actin like you just don’t care.
Group- Keep it away from me!!!
Lead- Keep it away from me!!!
Group continues singing- Keep it away from me!!
Lead – I got
a can of Lysol.
I got
a bottle of Pine-Sol.
I said I’m gonna keep it under lock.
I even got a bottle of rocks.
You gonna keep it away from me.
Oh, cher'run!!
I’m outta here.
Group- keep it away from me!!
Lead speaking - Wash your hands.
God bless ya
and may heaven smile upon ya.
Shank ya Gina.
-snip-
Some of these lyrics were given in captions in this video. I transcribed other lyrics from listening to this video. Additions and corrections are welcome.

****
This concludes Part I of this two part pancocojams series.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment