Translate

Monday, July 1, 2019

Examples Of YouTube Discussion Thread Comments From Africans Living In Non-African Nations

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams posts presents a small compilation of YouTube discussion thread comments from Africans living in non-African nations.

The content of this post is presented for socio-cultural purposes. The links to the discussion threads these comments come from are provided as of means of encouraging visitors to visit those YouTube videos.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. Thanks also to all those recording artists whose records and videos are referenced in these comments.

****
SELECTED EXAMPLES OF YOUTUBE COMMENTS FROM AFRICANS LIVING IN NON-AFRICAN NATIONS
Pancocojams Editor's Note:
This compilation gives a very small snapshot of African people commenting on YouTube discussion threads who are living outside their home country.

This compilation isn’t meant to be comprehensive.

By "comments by Africans living in non-African nations" I mean comments where people identify their home African nation or their ethnic group/s of origin, as well as indicating the non-African nation where they now live.

These comments are given in no particular order. Numbers are added for referencing purposes only.

The title of each source for these comments is given along with the internet link and the publication date. The recording artist/s/performer/s home nation/s is (are) also given for each source entry.

Some comments other than those from Africans living in non-African nations are added to provide context and/or historical/cultural information.

Source #1
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4KNVT2w0mU
Fally Ipupa - Eloko Oyo (Clip officiel), published by Fally Ipupa on Apr 7, 2017 [Democratic Republic of Congo]
1. Madi Wally, 2018
"I'm and I'm proud to be African from GAMBIA live in GermanyπŸ‡¬πŸ‡²πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ"

**
2. Quansah Pino Ebenezer, 2019
"We are the culture, indeed we are our ancestors and they virtually live through us, Aller plus haut fally , Unapologetically African, Proud Ghanaian
West Coast brada Belgium 😎😎😎"

****
Source #2
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6pCgzHMJY8
Rayvanny Ft Diamond Platnumz - Tetema (Official Video), published by Rayvanny on Feb 6, 2019 [Tanzania]
1. Mona Majestic, 2019
"Ayyy this is πŸ”₯😍πŸ”₯ respect from a Somali - Kenyan in Sweden... Ina tetemesha kweli πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎ"

**
2. Mohammed Ibrahim, 2019
"From Sudan in USA I love this guy and his songs !! Although I wished to see u while you were here in Dallas. Texas USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ!! But I had no time for reach to u sorry 😐 for that our African brother"

**
3. RachelChichy Mafu, 2019
"I'm from Zimbabwe and l listen to this song almost everyday tho l dont understand"

**
REPLY
4. spazames, 2019
"I’m from Zims also, and I can’t get enough..what they saying??? Ameno...🀣"

**
REPLY
5. spazames, 2019
RachelChichy Mafu ..., you living in Zim??

**
REPLY
6. RachelChichy Mafu, 2019
"yes im in Zim...Bulawayo
and you??"

**
REPLY
7. spazames, 2019
"RachelChichy Mafu Harare but I live in Canada now...hows things that side these days?"

**
REPLY
8. RachelChichy Mafu
spazames Well. Zim is Zim as always
im sure you know what l mean"

**
REPLY
9. Ashely Alexander
"The song ... It's about partying and dancing. Tetema is a Swahili word Which means shake or vibrate. In this song, tetema means shake."

**
10. Diallo Saliou, 2019
"i'm from Guinea i living germany i like tetema soo much☝"

**
11. Cumar Yusuf, 2019
"Hello from MalaysiaπŸ‡²πŸ‡Ύoriginally Somalia πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄"

**
12. mohamed Mahdi 2019, 2019
"from Garmany origanaly somaliaπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄"

**
REPLY
13. L'ENFANT DU SAHEL MALI, 2019
"@mohamed Mahdi from France πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΅ origanaly MaliπŸ‡²πŸ‡± west Africa"

****
Source #3
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGethSuNwXA
Acholi traditonal Nanga, published by DirePRwotAwich, Oct 17, 2010 [Kenya]
1. Eva Atim, 2014
"I am an Acholi girl living in Switzerland and i am so happy to say i used to dance to this when i was back home(Katikati/Laliyah)"

**
REPLY
2. Gibbs Jakatiga, 2017
"Eva i'm Kenyan Luo also in Switzerland."

**
3. Eliud Walutsachi, 2015
"I am kenyan living in saudi Arabia I have never seen an African traditional dance better than acholi."

****
Source #4
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puV5jZcTzJI
Yemi Alade - How I Feel (Official Video), published by Yemi Alade, Jun 15, 2018 [Nigeria]
1. wanga nègès, 2018
"I saw more than a star. ...she s a queen our black queen please come to HAÏTI QUEEN WE LOVE YOU."

**
REPLY
2. George Alabi, 2018
"wanga nΓ¨gΓ¨s much love to my Haiti brothers and sisters from a NAIJA bro in IrelandπŸ‡­πŸ‡Ή+πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬= ♥️"

**
3. Southyqueen Sugar, 2018
"Where are ma Southern African ppl in here??Naija Music blow ma mindπŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ‡±πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΈπŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈLOVE from DUBLIN IRELAND.."

**
4. Tembeng Pamela, 2018
"Before 1m,and it's like the video is shoot in Dubai,Atlantis to be precise where I work,God wish I could see mama Africa in person,much love from Cameroon"

****
Source #5
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2lvgKDpiSA
Sampa The Great - Final Form (Official Video), published by Sampa The Great, Jun 5, 2019 [born in Zambia, raised in Botswana, and moved to Australia as a young adult]
1. Bart Konig, 2019
"This is the first time I see my country Zambia in such a cool music video!!
Natotela for this, greets from the Netherlands! :D"

**
2. Boycizm, 2019
"Yes u have found your form in your melanin!!! Great work! I'm a Zambian hiphop artist in Perth Australia and honestly I've never been prouder of someone reppin our flag like you. Bless πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯"

**
3. Tha_ Jet_King, 2019
"Love from London via Zimbabwe πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡Ό!!"

****
Source #6
From
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db1zyaTLDMA
Luo Music - Anjolina, published by edpiloya, Aug 4, 2008 [Uganda]
1. Bukawaabe, 2008
"Is that adungu? Very good music. Brings back some good memories. That is why our traditions and culture are so important. They appeal to uor very souls. That is the case for Federo. One is first a Luo or Acholi, then a Ugandan. Artificial creation of societies have never stood the test of time. They have always crumbled. History tells it all."

**
2. Evelyne N, 2010
"Remember the borders of colonialism split up many tribes."

**
3. Grace Ojuka, 2015
"Love it. I am a Langi listening from the US
-snip-
"Langi people, a people of northern Uganda" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lango_people

**
4. A. Γ‘eko, 2015
"I know this song! Played at Luo Cultural Group in UK!"

**
5. Martha Kay, 2016
"I am Samia from Busia Uganda listening to this beautiful music. Home sick in UKπŸ˜”"
-snip-
"Samia speaking people live in Western Kenya and Eastern Uganda" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samia_tribe_(Luhya)

**
6. Daniella Apio, 2017
"this makes me miss home listening from Saudi Arabia"

****
Source #7
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DPL4dPAXyg
Yemi Alade - Oh My Gosh (Official Video), published by Yemi Alade, Sep 21, 2018 [Nigeria]
1. hadj NN, 2018
"From Belgium, an algerian proud of you yemi 😍😍amazing mama Africa 😍😍"

**
2. Garcia Rivera, 2018
"Im yemi fans from malaysia... Thumps up...😘😘

**
REPLY
3. BEE HAPPY, 2019
"Let’s meet up I’m Nigeria and I live here in Malaysia."

**
4. _Queen_. Devil._, 2019
"IM FROM GHANA AND CAPO VERDE !!! I LOVE AFRICAπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘πŸ‘‘
I'M LIVE IN ITALY IN MILANO I HAVE 11 YEARS OLD"

**
REPLY
5. Adelaide Boaduwaa, 2019
"I'm from Ghana too I live In PA and I'm 12 love her music"
-snip-
“PA”= Pennsylvania (USA)

**
6. Wendy Iyohajulius, 2019
"Nigeria... but living in Moscow Russia, i love this music so much"

****
Source #8
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhk52GlkhVA
MAFIKIZOLO ft Uhuru KHONA, published by Kalawa Jazmee TV, Apr 19, 2013 [South Africa]
1. Stefnie Perlman, 2015
"Homesick South African watching from Arabia"

**
2. coconut kenya, 2015
"in London this song makes me feel linked home,AFRICA -KENYA"

**
3. Penelope Shinga, 2016
"africans can dance like nobodys business im in uk with my family and i miss home south africa we are going to visit this year"

**
4. Liz Lovely, 2017
"From Colombia to my lovely South Africa ❤️πŸ‡¨πŸ‡΄"

**
5. Warren Moses, 2019
"I am from South Africa and work and live in Dubai I played this at a South African party in Dubai everyone danced to it"

**
6. Joseph HonorΓ© Bukondo Wadjatshimpe, 2019
"Love it from Greece πŸ‡¬πŸ‡· but I am congolese πŸ‡¨πŸ‡©"

**
7. Tiomo Armand Martial, 2019
"Proud to be African. Cameroonian from DubaΓ― ❤️😁😁"

****
Source #9
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqsFO4atwJo
The Ndlovu Youth Choir From South Africa Will Leave You EMOTIONAL - America's Got Talent 2019,
published by America's Got Talent, June 25, 2019 [South Africa]

1. Alissa, 2019
"I’m a South African living in New Zealand. I’m soo proudπŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦"

**
2. tsholofelo molefe, 2019
"South african living in China, and yasss man this its how we do it, proud moments. follow the dream, my continant, your continant, one globe"

**
3. Sibulele Mboyi, 2019
"My 1st time seeing my country in America's Got Talent.
Supporting my brothers and Sisters from Britain"

**
REPLY
4. Keamogetse Ramere, 2019
"Dj Arch Junior has been here"

**
REPLY
5. Bright Star, 2019
"It's the 3rd time I see South Africans there."

****
Source #10
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuDMdtWfY6Y
Eddy Kenzo - Sitya Loss; published by Eddy Kenzo, Mar 13, 2014[Uganda]
1. A3 MEDIA FILMS, 2013
"i am nigerian living in london but im so inlove with this song...... love how happy our people can be.... love the uniqueness of the video... keep it up :)"

**
2. davidrich brian, 2013
"I know Good songs, when i hear one despite the language. This song plays on my mind all the time, the melody reminds me alot about my happy life , while growing up in Africa, I love ur work Eddy, i am Nigerian banging this song in Russia. Neighbours re feeling too. I told them, is African National Anthem lold"."

**
3. ThrowbackSoul, 2014
"A Nigerian brotha at work had this as his ringtone in London, Shazamed it and purchased it from iTunes. Eddy Kenzo..this tune is big and the video is stunning. African people at home or in the diaspora are beautiful"

**
4. Temitope Olutosoye, 2015
"I am a Nigerian living in Malaysia,coz of Eddy Kenzo song's i feel like marry an Ugandian lady in other to learn the language.I am so much in love with this song.Fantastic ."

**
5. kate kery, 2015
"I'm so much in love with the music and the kids. a friend of mine recommended the video just today. your guys are genius and such a great asset to Africa and the world at large. I'm from the Ivory coast , but i live in the United States and I am so proud of you. Sending my love and admiration. keep it up. so great!!!! I wish I knew what the song means."

**
6. L Boy, 2015
"That best African music I never head before .. I love you so much edi kenzo, I even want to make a contact whet you if I can trust me you are my best music Artis. I'm from west Africa the small country call Gambia I'm living in euro Germany"

**
7. zabiba haider, 2016
"I'm Ethiopian but I was born and raised in Uganda and I moved to Canada. I've always tried to stick to my Ugandan roots coz that is home to me and landing on this today made me want to dance but I was in class I couldn't hold it anymore, it just made my day. I miss Uganda so much😭😭. I hope I get a chance to visit these beautiful people again."

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment