Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Darey, featuring the Soweto Gospel Choir - "Pray For Me" (with English & Yoruba lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases a performance of the song "Pray For Me" by Nigerian vocalist Darey featuring South Africa's Soweto Gospel Choir. The English and Yoruba lyrics for this song are also included in this post along with information about Darey.

In addition, this post also includes a bonus video about how the family troubles of Nigerian duo PSquare helped inspire Darey's composition of the song "Pray For Me".

The content of this post is presented for cultural, inspirational, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Darey, the composer and lead performer of this song. Thanks also to the Soweto Gospel Choir and thanks to all those who are quoted in this post. In addition, thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
INFORMATION ABOUT DAREY
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darey
"Dare Art Alade – popularly known as Darey – is a Nigerian multi-platinum selling and award-winning musician, singer-songwriter, and Idol series judge. He is the son of the renowned Nigerian entertainer, Art Alade....

Early life
Dare (pronounced Da-Ray) Art Alade was born in Lagos to legendary Nigerian Jazz pioneer Art Alade and Olapeju Alade. Dare, as a child, used to rummage through his father's extensive jazz collection and tag along with him to his concerts. These early experiences gave him his first taste of 'showbiz'….

2006–07: From Me 2 U
After an unfruitful record deal with Sony BMG Africa, his debut album 'From Me 2 U' hit the Nigerian market two years later on Storm Records. The album was laced with several hit singles, including 'Fuji' and 'Escalade' which enjoyed massive airplay in the Nigerian and international media. The top selling album also included the song, 'Original Naija' which was used as the theme song for the first ever edition of Big Brother Nigeria. Darey's album, 'From Me 2 U' won several awards including the Awards for Musical excellence in Nigeria (A.M.E.N)[2] and the 2006 Channel O Music Video Awards for best R&B Video in Africa.[3]

2008: Project Fame West Africa
In 2008, Darey spent several months as the host of a music based reality show 'Project Fame West Africa' from where he first hit continental fame in the South Africa edition in 2004...

2010–2015: Double Dare
In 2010, Darey performed at high profile shows in many cities across the World including Nairobi, Johannesburg, Abuja, Lagos and other major African cities, including a special concert with R&B legend R. Kelly in South Africa and the This Day Peace Concert Tour in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria, which had 50 Cent and Ciara as headliners. On request of the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, he was invited to perform at the presidential villa in an exclusive dinner to commemorate the Country's 50th independence Anniversary. At the event, which was broadcast live to over 200 million viewers across the world, he performed a medley of 50 songs with his 15-piece band, "Soul band" to a room filled with several African presidents and past world leaders.”....

****
LYRICS: "PRAY FOR ME"
(composer: Darey)

Woke up one Sunday morning
Told my daddy
I’m leaving home
Going off to the city tomorrow
Even though I don’t know where to go
But daddy said son don’t be a fool
Cause life in the city is unbelievable
You could get broken oh
You’re just a little boy
And you may never find your way

And I said
I know I could get lost
(I know I I I )
I know I could get broken
(I know I I I )
Forgive me father
But I got to take a chance
I’m already gone so long
Pray for me
(Gbadura fun mi)
Pray I find my way
(kori bamise)
Oh
Forgive me father
But I got to take a chance
I’m already gone so long
Pray for me
(Gbadura fun mi)
Pray I find my way
(kori bamise)
Oh
Forgive me father
But I got to take a chance
I’m already gone so long
Pray for me

Hello daddy
How you doing
Hope mama’s doing OK
It’s been four years and eleven months now
Mo gbo pe aduke ti dagba

Oloru
It was true
What you said to me
(How how how)
Life in the city is unbelievable
(How how how)
Had to struggle just to get by everyday
And I could barely find my way
(Sughon)
Mo mope Mo Le Sina
(O da mi loju )
Morikpe ayele
(Aiye yi soro )
Forgive me father
But I got to take a chance
Oh I’m already gone so…

Pray for me……………….
(Gbadura fun mi)
(Kori bamise)
Forgive me father
Oh I got to take a chance
Oh I’m already gone so long

Pray for me
Pray for me
Pray for me
Pray for me

Source: http://www.storyprofile.com/2015/07/07/pray-for-me-lyrics-by-darey/

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Darey - Pray For Me ft. Soweto Gospel Choir [Official Video]



DareyOnline Published on May 12, 2016
“Pray For Me” tells a powerful, positive story of victory against all odds.

Get Darey's latest album "Naked" here: http://bit.ly/nakedonitunes
-snip-
Information about this video: http://tooxclusive.com/video-download/video-darey-pray-ft-soweto-gospel-choir/
"Livespot Entertainment act, Darey dishes out the video to his July 2015 released record titled “Pray For Me” which features South African group, Soweto Gospel Choir.

The record “Pray For Me” tells a powerful, positive story of victory against all odds. The video has cameo appearance from Nollywood Veterans and power couple Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva."...
-snip-
Record review from http://tooxclusive.com/download-mp3/darey-pray-for-me-ft-soweto-gospel-choir/ jimmyking
"On this mid-tempo Afro-soul groove, “Pray for Me” Darey features the five-time Grammy award nominated, two-time Grammy award winning and one Emmy award winning Soweto Gospel Choir, Darey channels the spirit of his forefathers, playing the role of a traditional folk storyteller as he relays a positive, relevant and inspirational message. “Pray For Me” is a story of triumph, even against the greatest odds.

The rhythmically infused, yet soulful recording blends perfectly with Darey’s signature classic vocals and carries the audience through a picturesque sonic journey which crescendos with the rich harmonies of the 20+ fold Soweto Gospel Choir."

****
BONUS VIDEO: EN: How P-Square's Break Up Inspired 'Pray For Me' -- Darey



Channels Television, Published on Dec 2, 2016

Singer, Darey's classic 'Pray For Me' featuring Soweto Gospel Choir was inspired by the family troubles of pop duo, PSquare.

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment