Translate

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Children Singing "Children, Go Where I Send Thee"

Edited by Azizi Powell

This is Part II in a two part pancocojams series on the African American Gospel song "Children, Go Where I Send Thee". That song is also known as "The Holy Babe", "The Holy Baby", and "Born In Bethlehem".

This post showcases five videos of children singing "Children, Go Where I Send Thee".

Click http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-probable-connection-between-english.html for Part I of this series. Part I provides information, comments, and several lyric versions of "Children, Go Where I Send Thee" and of the song "Green Grow The Rushes, O". I agree with some historical musicologists that "Children, Go Where I Send Thee" is an African American adaptation of English and/or Celtic folk song "Green Grow The Rushes, O".

The content of this post is presented for cultural, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to the unknown composer/s of "Children, Go Where I Send Thee". Thanks also to all those who quoted in this post and all those who are featured in videos that are embedded in this post. Thanks also to the publishers of the videos that are showcased in this post.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEOS
These videos are presented in chronological order by their publishing dates on YouTube with the oldest video given first.
Click the link given in Part I for examples of the lyrics for song.

Notice that some children's versions of "Children, Go Where I Send Thee" include pantomime movements.

Example #1: Children Go Where I Send Thee



jlseebergerUploaded, on Dec 7, 2008

J.T. and the 4 and 5 year old choir sing before the Christmas Musical.

****
Example #2: Freedom Elementary Choir - CHILDREN, GO WHERE I SEND THEE



ZC Abejo, Uploaded on Feb 23, 2009

CUSD Musical 2008. Conducted by: Ms. Cynthia Rhodus, accompanied by: Mr. Cris Abejo

****
Example #3: Gleeksman-Kohn Children's Choir - Go Where I Send Thee


Settlement Music School, Uploaded on Oct 18, 2011

****
Example #4: 2020 perform Children Go where I send thee - The Stables, Milton Keynes



BritishGospelArts, Uploaded on Feb 16, 2012

2020 perform Children Go where I send thee - The Stables, Milton Keynes, 26 Nov 2011 in concert with London Community Gospel Choir. Conducted by Andrea Encinas, Abe Hampton on Keys, Ma'el Ekpitini on African drum.

****
Example #5: Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church Children's Choir



Hilda T. Gautier, Published on Dec 9, 2012

Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church Children's Choir singing Children Go Where I Send Thee

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment