Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Kathleen Battle - "My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me" ( "I Trust In God") video & lyrics

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases a video of Kathleen Battle singing the Christian hymn "My Heavenly Father Watches Over Me". That song is also known as "I Trust In God".

The content of this post is presented for religious and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Kathleen Battle for her musical legacy. Thanks also to the publisher of this song on YouTube, and the transcriber of this song.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Kathleen Battle: I Trust In God



Opera Buff, Published on Apr 6, 2012

Kathleen Battle video clip from "Baroque Duet"
-snip-
Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVfLRO8i-NI for this same video given with Spanish sub-titles and Spanish lyrics printed in the video summary.

Also, click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Battle for information about Kathleen Battle.

****
LYRICS: MY HEAVENLY FATHER WATCHES OVER ME
(composers William C. Martin & Charles H. Gabriel)

I trust in God wherever I may be,
Upon the land, or on the rolling sea,
For come what may, from day to day,
My heav’nly Father watches over me. Refrain:
I trust in God, I know He cares for me;
On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
Though billows roll, He keeps my soul;
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

He makes the rose an object of His care,
He guides the eagle through the pathless air,
And surely He remembers me;
My heav’nly Father watches over me.
I trust in God, for, in the lion’s den,
On battlefield, or in the prison pen,
Through praise or blame, through flood or flame,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.
The valley may be dark, the shadows deep,
But, oh, the Shepherd guards His lonely sheep;
And through the gloom He’ll lead me home,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

Source: http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/My_Father_Watches_Over_Me/

William C. Martin, pub.1910
Copyright: Public Domain
Main subject: Trust
Scripture: Matthew 6:26

Charles H. Gabriel, 1910
Copyright: Public Domain
Key: D♭
Meter: 10.10.8.10 D

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment