Translate

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Two Videos Of Fred Hammond's Contemporary Black Gospel Song - "No Weapon"

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post showcases two videos of this song Fred Hammond's contemporary Black Gospel Song - "No Weapon". The lyrics to that song are also included in this post.

The content of this post is presented for religious, inspirational, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Fred Hammond for his musical legacy. Thanks also to all those who are quoted in this post, the producer of this video, and the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEOS
Example #1: Fred Hammond - No Weapon - Atlanta, GA 1996



whouston50, Published on Jul 11, 2012

Here is video that I found on a old videotape from A Christmas Celebration: Live from Atlanta, GA from 12/25/1996. The entire performance featured Byron Cage, Yolanda Adams, Fred Hammond, and others. Radical for Christ was scheduled to perform with Fred, but for some reason they weren't there. The choir that is backing up Fred is a collection of choirs that sung on the program. This was a special presentation that was shown as a Pay Per View feature I believe at the time. The videotape is over 15 years old, so please forgive the sound quality and Volume image on the screen at times :-)

****
Example #2: Fred Hammond - No Weapon



TheTrueSeven, Uploaded on Sep 19, 2011
-snip-
Bonnie Wherry, a commenter on that video's discussion thread posted the lyrics to this song in May 2015:
No weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't work
No weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't work
Say no weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't work
Say no weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't work

God will do what He said He would do
He will stand by His word
And He will come through
God will do what He said He would do

He will stand by His word
And He will come through
No weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't work
No weapon formed against me shall prosper, it won't work

God will do what He said He would do
He's not a man that He should lie (Stand by his word)
He will come through
Say God will do what He said He would do

He will stand by His word
He will come through

Oh I won't be afraid of the arrows by day
From the hand of the enemy
I can stand my ground with the Lord on my side
For the snares they have set will not succeed

No weapon formed against me (shall prosper, it won't work) it won't work
No weapon formed against me (shall prosper) shall prosper, it won't work
For I know that he'll do (say he'll do it) what he said he's gonna do (say he'll do it)
He will stand by his word (stand by his word)
He will come through, yeah
God, will do what he said he's gonna do
Stand by his word (stand by his word)
(No) No, (no) no way

No weapon formed against me (shall) shall prosper (prosper no way, no way), it won't work
Telling, no (no weapon) formed against me (shall) shall prosper, it won't work (it won't work)

Don't be afraid
Of the arrows or the snares
Set by your enemies
If you believe it say, ooh, Ooh

There just ain't one,
(There just ain't one)
There just ain't one
(There just ain't one weapon, no)
Although they've said us men will trap you, I want you to know it won't work, oh no no no
(There just ain't one)
And it won't work
(There just ain't one weapon, no)

Songwriters
HAMMOND, FRED / MOORE, ALVIN
Published by
Lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group, ST SWITHINS SONGS

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment