Translate

Monday, April 7, 2014

Ricky Dillard & New G - "I Am Saved" (Gospel lyrics & video)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This post presents the lyrics for the 1911 hymn "Saved Saved". This post also presents the lyrics to and a video of the African American Gospel song "I Am Saved" (also given as "I'm Saved") that is based on that earlier hymn.

The content of this post is provided for cultural, religious, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Jack P. Schol­field, the composer of this hymn and thanks to Corey Shipley & Jeanne Rawls, the composers of the gospelized version of this hymn. Thanks also to Ricky Dillard & New G who are featured in this video and thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
LYRICS "SAVED, SAVED"
Words & Music: Jack P. Schol­field, 1911 (MI­DI, score)
The melody just came to me, al­most as a gift. Then I sim­ply tried to make the words fit the tune. It was pop­u­lar from the start.

I’ve found a Friend, who is all to me,
His love is ever true;
I love to tell how He lifted me
And what His grace can do for you.

Refrain

Saved by His power divine,
Saved to new life sublime!
Life now is sweet and my joy is complete,
For I’m saved, saved, saved!

He saves me from every sin and harm,
Secures my soul each day;
I’m leaning strong on His mighty arm;
I know He’ll guide me all the way.

Refrain

When poor and needy and all alone,
In love He said to me,
“Come unto Me and I’ll lead you home,
To live with Me eternally.”

Refrain

http://cyberhymnal.org/htm/s/a/savdsavd.htm

Warning: The media begins playing as soon as you visit that page and continues playing as long as you are on that page.

Click https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73HBzNM-wnI for a video of this song.

****
LYRICS: " I AM SAVED"
(Gospel version composed by Corey Shipley / Jeanne Rawls)

(Lead)
I've found a Friend who is all to me.
His love is ever true.
I love to tell how He lifted me.
And what His grace can do for you.
Saved by His power divine.
I'm saved through life sublime.
Life now is sweet and my joy is complete.
For I'm saved.
I'm saved.
Saved.
Saved.

(Chorus)
I am saved.
I'm saved through life sublime.
Life now is sweet.
Saved Saved I am saved

Saved (16 times)

Life now is sweet.
Saved Saved I am saved

Source: http://www.metrolyrics.com/i-am-saved-lyrics-ricky-dillard-new-g.html [with typo corrected and capitalization of the references for Jesus as per the American custom.]
-snip-
I'm not sure when Corey Shipley & Jeanne Rawls composed this song. However, it definitely predates its 2011 recording by Ricky Dillard & New G.

A brief portion of "I Am Saved" is sung near the end of a video that was published on YouTube in 2008. That video is given as Example #2 of the Gospel song "You Must Come In At The Door" http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-god-is-so-high-you-must-come-in-at.html.

If you have any information about this Gospel song, please share it in the comment section of this post. Thanks!

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO : Ricky Dillard & New G - I Am Saved



Gregory Slack, Uploaded on Dec 8, 2011

Live in Detroit - 2010 @ Second Ebenezer Baptist Church
From the Album: Keep Living
Lead Vocals: Jonte Landrum-Thomas
-snip-
Click for biographical information about Ricky Dillard. "New G" is an abbreviation for "New Generation". Here's some information about Ricky Dillard & New G:
"It may be hard to find a black church that doesn’t have at least one Ricky Dillard song in its repertoire. Dillard’s tunes continue to top gospel music charts. After 25 years, they still encourage Christians young and old and maintain their legacy of epic sound, high energy and controlled vibrato...

Dillard, a native of suburban Chicago Heights started directing the church choir at 5-years-old. He founded New G in 1988. They’ve performed around the globe, most notably singing at the Vatican in Rome. New G has recorded eight albums, won four Stellar Awards, one Dove Award and are three time Grammy nominees." http://www.gospeltoday.com/blog/2013/09/06/good-ol-church-music-ricky-dillard-new-gs-25th-anniversary-recording/#sthash.elRRxI8y.dpuf

The song "I Am Saved" is #8 on Ricky Dillard & New G's 2011 album "Keep Living".

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment