Translate

Friday, June 21, 2013

Kenyan Gospel Singer Eunice Njeri - Nimekubali (with partial Swahili & English lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

Update: with full lyrics: March 3, 2018

This post showcases a video of the 2011 Kenyan Gospel song "Nimekubali" recorded by Eunice Njeri. Partial lyrics to this song are also included in this post.

Eunice Njeri is an award winning Kenyan Gospel singer who is known for her popular Gospel hits "Umeniweza" and "Bwana Yesu" among others. For more information about Eunice Njeri click http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000075862&story_title=EUNICE-NJERI:-Budding-with-every-new-hit.

The content of this post is presented for religious, inspirational, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO : Eunice Njeri - Nimekubali {OFFICIAL VIDEO}



Eunice Njeri, Published on Aug 16, 2015

-snip-
This information and lyrics were included in the summary for the no longer available YouTube video that I had embedded in this post:
-Kenyan Urban Christian Music-
Music video by Eunice Njeri performing Nimekubali.
© 2011 Eunice Njeri. Album: Nimekubali.
Produced by Robert 'Rkay' Kamanzi/Moja Entertainment.
Video directed by Kennedy Heman/Eagles Films [2012].

HOOK:
Nimekubali, nasema ndio
(I surrender, I say Yes)
Kwako ni salama, nasema ndio
(I'm safe in You, I say Yes)
Nimekubali, nasema ndio Bwana
(I surrender, I say Yes Lord)
Najitoa dhabihu iliyo hai, Bwana nitumie
(I give myself as a living sacrifice, Lord use me)

****
PARTIAL LYRICS - NIMEKUBALI*
[Notice that the "hook"/chorus is given in the video summary found above.]

Lord i have accepted and agreed to be yours.
I agree that i am safe in your arms,
Lord i agree to what you say Lord...
i give myself a living sacrifice, Lord use me.
-graca2410, 2013
-snip-
This comment was posted in response to a request for lyrics of this song from Swahili speakers.
-snip-
*In the English translation of the hook that is given in this video's summary, the Kiswahili word "nimekubali" is translated as "I surrender".

An English translation of the Swahili word "Nimekubali" as "I Agree" is found at http://www.ghafla.co.ke/news/music/item/1280-the-best-worship-song-by-eunice-njeri

An online Swahili to English translation feature gave the "agree" as the meaning for "nimekubali".

****
UPDATE: FULL LYRICS
NIMEKUBALI

Nimekubali, nasema ndio (I accept, I say yes)
Kwako ni salama, nasema ndio (It is safe in you, I say yes)
Nimekubali, nasema ndio Bwana (I accept, I say yes Lord)

Najitoa dhabihu iliyo hai Bwana nitumie(I give myself as a living sacrifice, Lord use me)

Bwana watafuta watakao kuabudu kwa roho na kweli
(Lord you look for those who worship in spirit and truth)
Na wakati ndio huu naamini umefika Baba (And I believe that the time is now father)
Nisaidie kutenda kulingana na mapenzi yako yahweh (Help me to do your will)
Kutembea na maagizo yako moyoni mwangu (To walk with your instructions in my heart)

(Refrain)

Mimi ni chombo mikononi mwako Yahweh (I am a vessel in your hands Yahweh)
Tena ni udongo na wewe mfinyanzi Baba (And clay, while you are the potter)
Nifinyange, nitengeneze (Mold me and make me)
Uishe nafsi yangu, chochote mimi nitatenda (Use my life, I follow


Online Source: https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Eunice-Njeri/Nimekubali

****
Thanks to Eunice Njeri for her musical legacy. Thanks also to those who are quoted in this post & thanks to the producer of this video & its publisher on YouTube.

Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment