Translate

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Seven Episodes Of "New Father Chronicles" YouTube Channel (An African American Father's Creative & Comedic Interactions With His Two Young Daughters)

Edited by Azizi Powell

UPDATE: July 29, 2019

This pancocojams post showcases seven episodes from the YouTube channel "New Father Chronicles". That creative, comedic YouTube channel shows a Black father's interactions with his young daughters.

Update: July 29, 2019. I added one more video that I just happened upon (since I'm not watching these episodes in order.) This new video is given in the Addendum and features the Cross family's mother Leah and her daughter Amalah at a beauty parlor.

The content of this post is presented for cultural and entertainment purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to La Guardia & Leah Cross for their positive role modeling and thanks to their daughters Amalah and Nayely for sharing parts of their lives with the world.
-snip-
Read the comment in this post's discussion thread about the serious episodes that La Guardia Cross has published about his family.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEOS
Video #1: #NFChronicles
Interview With An Infant



La Guardia Cross, Published on Dec 24, 2014

Who can possibly understand a baby better than a BABY? I sat down with 6 week old Amalah to talk all things Infant. I learned a lot.

New Father Chronicles Every Wednesday. #NFChronicles

Follow my Journey!

****
Video #2: #NFChronicles
Interview With A Toddler



La Guardia Cross, Published on Jan 6, 2016

The very first interview I did with Amalah was at 6 weeks old. She's a 1yr old now, 14 months to be exact. I had burning questions that needed to be answered, so I decided to open the new season of New Father Chronicles with another interview.

****
Video #3: Interview With A 6-Month-Old



La Guardia Cross, Published on Nov 15, 2017

Nayely's halfway to a FULL YEAR of life on this planet! I'm sure she's learned a lot during her 6 months, so I sat her down for an interview. I tested her knowledge, questioned her about some of her "issues", and asked her about the key to happiness. I learned a lot from this 6-month-old.

[...]

My name's La Guardia Cross. I make music, art, film, and I co-created 2 baby girls with my wife, Leah.

New Father Chronicles began in November of 2014 when my daughter Amalah was 1-week-old. I had no idea what I was doing, so I decided to chronicle my journey on YouTube and make fun of myself along the way. Our 2nd daughter, Nayely, was born in April of 2017.

My channel is filled with the silly adventures I have with my girls, infant and toddler interviews, my interpretations of their babble, silly skits, and the things I've learned or unlearned as a parent. Sometimes Leah and I mix it up a bit and share some pretty personal moments as well. Why? Well, we're far from perfect and we've learned a lot from our mistakes.”…

****
Video #4: Interview With A 3-Year-Old



La Guardia Cross, Published on Jan 24, 2018

I decided to interview my 3-year-old daughter, Amalah, to see how well she knows me and if she's finally ready to say who she loves the most.

****
Video #5: Interview With A Toddler and Baby



La Guardia Cross, Published on Sep 12, 2018

Since my toddler takes 50 years to finish up in the bathroom, I decided to sit down for a chat. We had breakfast afterward, but the baby couldn't make up her mind about what she wanted."...

****
Video #6: My Kids Are Annoying



La Guardia Cross, Published on Mar 6, 2019

While my 4-year-old daughter was in school, I decided to show my 1-year-old girl a special song I wrote about her and her sister."...

****
Video #7: i tried to collab with my 2-year-old



La Guardia Cross, Published on Jul 17, 2019

I tried to make music with my 2-year-old. I have a loop machine, some toy instruments, and a microphone. I thought it'd be fun to collab on something special. This is exactly what happened. The song is called "Buy Me The Bun", based on the semi-babble of my 2-year-old daughter...

****
ADDENDUM:
Video #8: 3-year-old Does Mommy's Makeup



La Guardia Cross, Published on Jul 11, 2018

3-year-old Amalah loves using markers as nail polish on herself, my wife, me, and anyone that will allow her to draw on them. She also begs to wear a bucket of Mommy's chapstick whenever she gets the chance. We decided to let her take things to the next level and open up her own toddler salon.


****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Unlike some other pancocojams posts that showcase videos, I didn't add any examples of comments from the discussion threads of the "New Father Chronicles".

    That said, I've read some of the comments in some of the episodes that are showcased in this post, and found them interesting reading.

    I also wanted to note that I added a comment to the discussion thread of the video given as #7 in this pancocojams post to alert La Guardia Cross and Leah Cross about this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's that comment:
      "La Guardia & Leah, thanks for publishing this channel. I'm an African American grandmother who was alerted to your videos by my daughter who also watches them with her five year old daughter. We are new subscribers.

      I'm writing this to let you know that I showcased this episode and six more on this post of my cultural blog pancocojams: [added blog link and title]

      I showcased episodes from this channel in part because of the positive role modeling and messages that you (and Leah) provide not only as parents, but also as Black parents. Hopefully, featuring those videos on my blog will gain new supporters of this creative channel.

      Thank you again and Bless up!"

      Delete
    2. Edit: "Hopefully, showcasing these examples of your videos on my blog will gain new supporters for your creative YouTube channel."

      Delete
    3. Here's a response from La Guardia Cross, July 29, 2019
      "That means a lot! Thanks for watching and sharing the love."

      Delete
  2. I've been randomly (not in chronological) order watching episodes on YouTube of LaGuardia Cross' "New Father Chronicles". In the introduction to this pancocojams post I described these videos as creative and comedic.

    I've just become aware that this series also includes serious episodes that LaGuardia Cross publishes about his family's experiences with his wife's serious depression.

    The two serious videos that I've watched in this series are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUTRhRPWAI "almost lost my wife", June 20, 2018, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqFAVrATAhs Leah's In The Hospital, Published on Mar 12, 2019

    I don't know if this is the latest video about this in that real life series.

    It would be so much easier if this was a movie and not real life. But, not that my feelings are what is important here, but learning about this hit me hard because the Cross family is so relatable and so loveable.

    Reading the comments in these videos' discussion threads was also emotionally difficult, but also uplifting in many ways.

    I surround the Cross family with positive vibrations and hope and pray for them and for other individuals and families who are experiencing serious depression.

    Bless up!

    ReplyDelete