Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

R&B Soul Singer Jill Scott - The Way (video & lyrics)

Edited by Azizi Powell

This pancocojams post showcases Jill Scott's 2001 R&B/Soul song "The Way".

The content of this post is presented for cultural, entertainment, and aesthetic purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to Jill Scott for her musical legacy. Thanks to the publisher of this video on YouTube.

****
SHOWCASE VIDEO: Jill Scott - The Way



JillScottVEVO, Published on Sep 27, 2018

Music video by Jill Scott performing The Way. © 2007 Hidden Beach Records

****
LYRICS: THE WAY
(written by Jill Scott & Andre Harris)

[Verse 1]
Woke up this morning with a smile on my face
Jumped out of bed, took a shower, dressed, cleaned up my place
Made me some breakfast, toast, 2 scrambled eggs, grits
Grabbed my keys, grabbed my purse, grabbed my jacket off to work
Beaming all the way down 3rd

[Chorus]
Is it the way you love me baby?
Is it the way you love me baby? (Yeah)

[Verse 2]
Four thirty, can't wait to get home
Nah, girl I got something else to do
(Damn Jill, don't be frontin' on your girls for real)
Go 'head, really get your groove on
Cause tonight my man's coming through (Oh word?)yeah
We gonna have to connect some other time
As much as I like to shake my thing on the dance floor
I got another nasty, freaky just right way in mind
Tonight I'm gonna beat the high score

[Chorus]
Is it the way you love me baby? (Yeah)
Is it the way you love me baby? (Baby)
Is it the way you love me baby? (Is it, is it the way)
Is it the way you love me baby?

Source: https://genius.com/Jill-scott-the-way-lyrics
-snip-
Here's a definition for the African American Vernacular English word "frontin'":
From https://www.quora.com/What-does-frontin-mean-Where-did-it-come-from
Mary Jack, Native speaker of American English, Answered Sep 2, 2015
" "To front" means to put on airs, to put up a façade, to act fake or phony, or to misrepresent oneself, especially when one tries to act braver or tougher than one may truly be. It is the opposite of "keeping it real." "

****
Thanks for visiting pancocojams.

Visitor comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment